smoothie recipes anyone ??

kaylala1202
kaylala1202 Posts: 7 Member
I need some good smoothie recipes that will keep me full throughout the day. Any ideas?

Replies

• I add green apples to my smoothies and they keep me full.
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Adding half a cup of rolled oats can make a smoothie extra thick and delicious.
    Also, a scoop of chia seeds or a quarter cup of almonds (or some nut butter) can go a long way!

My go to:
    1 cup almond milk (vanilla, if I'm wanting something sweet)
    1 chopped frozen banana
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1 tbsp cocoa powder

And then I can add in greens or other fruit, spices, nuts, etc depending on what I want and/or need to round out my day. :)
  • Nickers5405
    Nickers5405 Posts: 32 Member
    I make a shake that keeps me full for such a long time. You can cut the recipe in half or a third depending how much you want.

1 scoop low carb chocolate protein powder

1 banana

2 tablespoons of Organic peanut butter

1 Handful of almonds (or any kind of nut)

1 cup of milk (or water)

2 cups of ice.

Throw it all in the blender. It's basically a meal but since I'm not a big fan of eating at breakfast this is a way I can get some food in me.
  • Aydeejai
    Aydeejai Posts: 26 Member
    Morning Green Juice (Low Glycemic)
    1 cucumber
    4 stalks of celery
    2 inches of peeled ginger root
    1/2 lemon, peeled
    4 leaves of kale ( the big ones)
    1/2 an apple

Blend until smooth. If you like it a little sweeter add a little of light organic agave nectar :smile:
  • diannaibarra27
    diannaibarra27 Posts: 5 Member
    It's fun to just mix! Some of my fave blends are kale, spinach, green apple, mango, pineapple, or peaches with a little honey and ice if you'd like. Yum! Another would be the greens with mixed berries and a banana if you'd like :)
  • erinelizabeth882
    erinelizabeth882 Posts: 102 Member
    One smoothie isn't going to keep you full throughout the day. But these will keep me full for a few to several hours depending on what I'm doing

-spinach/kale + unsweetened vanilla almond milk + low fat greek yogurt + banana +frozen strawberries or mixed berries + ground flax seed

-spinach/kale + unsweetened vanilla almond milk + low fat greek yogurt + banana + peanut butter + unsweetened cocoa powder +ground flax seed
  • mmitri12
    mmitri12 Posts: 8 Member
    This is what I usually do:

1 scoop protein powder (Pure protein whey is my go-to)
    1 fresh banana
    1/2-2/3 cup frozen fruit (usually blackberry, mango, pineapple, or cherry)
    1 cup vanilla almond milk

Keeps me full for about 3-4 hours.
  • Icandoit233
    Icandoit233 Posts: 90 Member
    I have this smoothie almost every morning:

1 banana
    .5 cup of skim milk or almond milk
    3 ice cubes
    1 cup blueberries
    1 cup of strawberries

Its really yummy! :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I like frozen blueberries and half a banana with almond milk:)
    I did one with oatmeal, chocolate protein powder, almond milk and cinnamon, it was like a cookie, yummy:)
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 teaspoon ground flax seed, 1 scoop of protein powder of choice. I used Aim Pro Peas protein powder. If you don't want to use protein powder, then I say use natural almond butter or any nut butter of choice.
    I used to have this smoothie every day for my breakfast. It's delicious.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    I share free and/or discounted ebooks almost daily. I just shared one for smoothie recipes that was free yesterday. Not sure if it's still free but if you check out my profile, even if it's not free, I'm sure I'll find another free smoothie recipe book any day now.
  • JDogg2277
    JDogg2277 Posts: 1 Member
    I have a smoothie almost every morning. I have grown to really look forward to it! This recipe will make one smoothie:

1 scoop Arbonne protein powder (I prefer the chocolate)
    1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
    1 cup cold water (because I use frozen veggies & fruit)
    1/4 cup greek yogurt
    2 Tbsp SF/FF pudding - dry (I prefer the cheesecake flavor)
    1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
    2 cups spinach/kale mix
    1 cup fruit

I will make a ton of "smoothie packets" at once. I will cut up a ton of different fruit (bananas, apples, berries, pears, etc) and then put 1 cup of mixed fruit and 2 cups of spinach/kale mix into sandwich bags and freeze. In the morning it is a breeze because I add all the other ingredients, and then pick a bag out of the freezer and blend. :)
  • kaylala1202
    kaylala1202 Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you!!! :D I'm defintely going to try all of these !
  • Ineedaname2
    Ineedaname2 Posts: 4 Member
    I also have a smoothie every morning:

3/4 cup of raspberries
    3/4 cup mango
    1/3 cup coconut milk
    1/3 cup orange juice
    1 scoop of protein powder.

It's delicious and keeps me full all morning.
  • Bailey_432
    Bailey_432 Posts: 55 Member
    If you want one that's specifically more filling, try this:

1 banana
    100g (roughly) greek yogurt
    Peanut butter!! (about 1tsp-1tbsp)
    1/2 or 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
    Might also need some water because it can be pretty thick!

Full of protein, really filling! :yum:
  • I have this for breakfast everyday keeps me full as
    200ml coconut and almond milk
    100 ml water
    .5 cup frozen blueberries
    1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
    1 tbsp of lsa
    Taste amazing too
  • breezy0906
    breezy0906 Posts: 164 Member
    Are you opposed to shakes? I drink the GNC lean 25 shake in the morning. 25 grams of protien keeps me full and it tastes really good. I use the vanilla I add a banana and use a cup of unsweetened black coffee instead of water for an extra boost.
  • cogsci
    cogsci Posts: 29 Member
    You're welcome to take a look at my lunch from today March 26. The entire list makes one large smoothie.
  • sbuell20
    sbuell20 Posts: 31 Member
    Hey there. In the mornings I like to do 3/4 cup strawberries, a small banana, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, and a small bit of red garnet yam, and 1 1/2 cup of 30 cal unsweetened vanilla almond milk by Silk. About 265 cals, tastes great and gets me through the morning.
  • I cut up fresh fruits (organic if I can find them) and then I freeze them. I try not to use processed fruits for my smoothies. I also use water and non fat Greek yogurt instead of milk or almond milk. I choose not to use ice because my frozen fruits keep my smoothie nice and cold without watering it down