What do you all do with sweet potatoes?

Bailey_432
Bailey_432 Posts: 55 Member
I LOVE sweet potato! They're sooooo yummy :blush: however, I'm not very adventurous when it comes to cooking them! I have done 3 things with them:

-Bake, then add baked beans and such
-Make them into chips (only done this once or twice)
-Most commonly, I cube and boil them, then add veggies and bacon and mix it all together in to a potato-stir-fry goodnesssss :smiley:

What do you all do with sweet potato?

Replies

• tattooedmomma93b
    tattooedmomma93b Posts: 101 Member
    I used to make Sweet potato fries a lot....super easy and delicious,
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    the boiling w veggies mmmm
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    I roast them, add them to soups and stews, make mash, savory sweet potato cakes, etc. I too love sweet potatoes!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    bake 'em
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Mashed with butter and honey.
  • littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Make tacos with them, add them to soups and stews, add them to lasagna.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Sweet potato nachos (leave the skins on, cut in 8 wedges, rub with oil and seasonings, bake, top with cheese, jalapenos, salsa and Greek yogurt). I also like to add them to smoothies with milk, vanilla protein powder and some pumpkin pie spice.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    sweet potato fries! yum! baked, mashed, as a casserole. I :heart: sweet potatoes!!
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 168 Member
    Sweet potato brownies, super satisfying!
  • karenshorey1
    karenshorey1 Posts: 5 Member
    mashed with little butter and basil yumyum
  • julianne824
    julianne824 Posts: 17 Member
    Put the whole sweet potato on the rack of the oven and bake for 45 minutes! Its delicious and you don't even need any else on it!
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Another user posted a great recipe recently. Microwave a sweet potato and put a mashed banana with cinnamon in it.
  • akiba254
    akiba254 Posts: 209 Member
    Mash with a bit of cinnamon
  • Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    Make fries and sprinkle them with cinnamon!
  • Bailey_432
    Bailey_432 Posts: 55 Member
    exstromn wrote: »
    Sweet potato brownies, super satisfying!

:open_mouth: how do you make these?! Sound so good! A friend of mine bought some sweet potato cake into class and it was luuuush :blush: forgot what she said the recipe was though...
  • herculean1982
    herculean1982 Posts: 29 Member

Wow, who knew such a thing existed? I've just ordered myself a spiralizer, thanks for that!!!
  • mojojorox
    mojojorox Posts: 24 Member
    For brownies type in "sweet potato brownies ella" to google and its the first link on deliciously ella that I use :)
  • Rampant328
    Rampant328 Posts: 134 Member
    Slice the ends off, then cut them into 1" slices. Rub a little olive oil on both sides of each slice. Mill some fresh ground black pepper on both sides (Emeril says that you've got to make both sides taste good). Sometimes I'll sprinkle some cinnamon on both sides. Place in microwave until fork tender (about eight minutes). Let cool a bit, then enjoy...they're like candy!
  • Lizilu20
    Lizilu20 Posts: 10 Member
    Cut into chunky cubes and roast in the oven with a few squirts of garlic fry light, or drizzle with garlic oil, sprinkle with cumin, paprika and chilli (add any herbs you like eg dried rosemary or fennel seeds, season all etc). Delicious, I also add to traybakes, make sweet potato and chilli soup and sweet potato, chorizo, chilli and cumin soup is yummy too.