Manually setting calorie goal on MFP - help!

Does anyone know how to manually set your calorie goal? I've been playing around with my diet and fitness profile to try and get it to 1500 but whatever variations I put in it always comes out at 1400 or 1600. Surely there must be a way of setting it yourself if you know what you want your goal to be? Am I missing something really obvious?!

Replies

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    In the change goals section you have the option of "guided" or "custom" - use "custom" and you can set your own calorie goal.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Go to goals tab (from your home page at the bottom change goals then pick custom then you can manually change calories and macros
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    I had my calories set manually/custom - but now there is an image of a padlock next to the custom tab---and apparently I have to pay money and join "premium" to set my own calories now !!!??? Is this true??
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    I had my calories set manually/custom - but now there is an image of a padlock next to the custom tab---and apparently I have to pay money and join "premium" to set my own calories now !!!??? Is this true??

I was just able to change mine, as I update my TDEE every month. The lock is for custom daily goals, as premium users can set different calorie amounts for each day of the week.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Mary_E30 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to manually set your calorie goal? I've been playing around with my diet and fitness profile to try and get it to 1500 but whatever variations I put in it always comes out at 1400 or 1600. Surely there must be a way of setting it yourself if you know what you want your goal to be? Am I missing something really obvious?!
    It's not very easy to spot/remember/figure out what's what of "goals", "settings" and "profile"... but here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals
    No, you need to pay to set different goals for each day of the week, but setting custom calorie and macro goals is still free - just push the green "Edit" button next to "Daily Nutrition Goals".