MFP Runner's Club for December 15th...

Anyone outdoors or are you hitting the treadmill?

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Anyone outdoors or are you hitting the treadmill?
  • jessmomof3
    5 miles of intervals on the TM for me. -8* windchill and icy here, not a good idea to be running outdoors! :noway:
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    How does one join the runners club?
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Last night's treadmill workout:

20 min at 6.9-7.1 mph
    10 min at 3.6-4.0 mph
    10 min at 7.2 mph
    5 min at 3.6 mph
  • jessmomof3

Just post. Now you're a part of the club. :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Last night's treadmill workout:

20 min at 6.9-7.1 mph
    10 min at 3.6-4.0 mph
    10 min at 7.2 mph
    5 min at 3.6 mph

Great job!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I completed Week 2, Workout 2 on the Couch to 5k today on the treadmill :bigsmile:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member

Just post. Now you're a part of the club. :laugh:

hehehe, yup...thats what I did :flowerforyou: :love: :laugh:

Today I ran 3 miles outside...
    1/2 mile warmup
    2 miles of sprint intervals (30 seconds sprint, 1 minute jog)
    1/2 mile cooldown

ETA-- Oh, and just to make everyone jealous....it's sitting right around 78 right now :heart:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    -5 today this morning in Chicago maybe it finally hit 15 but mornings are my time to run have to worry about the kiddies the rest of the day.. Did a strength training workout and some cardio mixed in. I hope to do 7 miles in the morning. I think snow is coming late tommorow...

Alisha
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    5 miles of intervals on the TM for me. -8* windchill and icy here, not a good idea to be running outdoors! :noway:

:noway: -8, now I remember why I live in Arizona! :laugh: Although I have the opposite problem come summer.

Just a walk for me today, run tomorrow
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Just a 20 minute recovery run on the treadmill today. First treadmill workout in ages - it does get kind of boring without your ipod!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Ran outside for the first time in a week...it was almost 60 degrees here today! Did about 5.5. It felt so much better being outside. That treadmill is killing me! :grumble:
  • I did my usual 3 miles on the treadmill this morning. I know what you mean about wanting to get back outside. I can only run early in the morning, so it is too dark. Even when it is light in the summer, I still freak out a little that early, hoping no crazy guy jumps out at me! I live in a VERY small, safe town where everyone knows everyone and the Amish live all among us, but still, things can happen anywhere. Do you guys carry mace or have and good ways to protect yourselves?
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Hi Y'all! 6 miles for me this morning. It felt awesome.
  • jessmomof3
    I wasn't planning to do anymore, but my running buddies decided to run tonight. It's supposed to get worse tomorrow, so I ended up running 5 miles tonight! That makes 10 miles for the day!

Jess
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    I should have gone outside today! It was WARM. Like 60! But I was inside on the treadmill - I went longer and farther than I've ever been! I went 45 minutes, between 6.0 and 6.6...about 4.6 miles. Go me!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    It was rainy and windy here until about 9:00 and then out came the sun. No more excuses :smile: So I ran 3 miles through the wet leaves and muck. It was fun and the air was so crisp!
    Take care everybody!
    Bunny
  • wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    Hi All,
    Ran 5 km outside today ... minus 4 ... which is about 29 for you non-Canadian 'eh folks.
    I was very happy with my effort, I slowed down my pace and was able to go much further without sending my heart rate though the roof and then having to walk. YA!!! My first 5 km run is on New Years Day and I hope to complete it in 45 minutes.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Hello. I did 7.5 miles on the treadmill yesterday. My left knee (the outside) started hurting about halfway through my run, so I stopped and stretched. It helped for about 3 laps, then I had to walk quite a bit over the last 2 miles, but I finished.