A great start. 4 pounds down!

I stumbled upon this website last week. It was just the help I needed. I was amazed by how fast the calories add up! Writing down my caloric intake on paper wasn't working for me, but this site takes the "work" out of recording what I eat. I can see the results of my exercise time reflected in the amount of calories burned.

I had been successful in the past and had lost 45 pounds several years ago (on a regimented on-line program), but slowly 38 pounds came creeping back before I decided to acknowledge it. I tried the same on-line program, but it had become so commercialized and the food choices so changed that I didn't follow the program and quit.

In the summer, my doctor told me to get under 140 pounds by mid-March. I struggled and lost just 11 pounds over several months. With the March deadline looming, I became frustrated and found myself searching for a quick fix. Yes, I was even tempted to take those advertised crazy diet pills.

Common sense finally prevailed.

I purchased The Abs Diet Eat Right Every Time and read it. And now, I am following it. My copy is small enough that I carry it in my purse as a security blanket and as a reference. I have other diet books that I have read but not followed or not read at all, as if just purchasing the book would be enough. The abs diet fits my needs at this point in time. Belly fat is my issue. If you have not found a plan that makes sense to you, I recommend giving this book a try.

I have no brilliant inspirations for losing weight. It is just hard work and takes an incredible amount of willpower. I battle my habit of turning to food every day for comfort or out of habit. In my case, food is something that I enjoy. I collect vintage cookbooks and enjoy reading Julia Child and James Beard, as others do novels.

I am striving to become more disciplied and exercise self control. For me, to be successful, I must be in the right mind-set to garner the willpower I need to succeed.

Replies

• HollyK
    HollyK Posts: 2
    I stumbled upon this website last week. It was just the help I needed. I was amazed by how fast the calories add up! Writing down my caloric intake on paper wasn't working for me, but this site takes the "work" out of recording what I eat. I can see the results of my exercise time reflected in the amount of calories burned.

I had been successful in the past and had lost 45 pounds several years ago (on a regimented on-line program), but slowly 38 pounds came creeping back before I decided to acknowledge it. I tried the same on-line program, but it had become so commercialized and the food choices so changed that I didn't follow the program and quit.

In the summer, my doctor told me to get under 140 pounds by mid-March. I struggled and lost just 11 pounds over several months. With the March deadline looming, I became frustrated and found myself searching for a quick fix. Yes, I was even tempted to take those advertised crazy diet pills.

Common sense finally prevailed.

I purchased The Abs Diet Eat Right Every Time and read it. And now, I am following it. My copy is small enough that I carry it in my purse as a security blanket and as a reference. I have other diet books that I have read but not followed or not read at all, as if just purchasing the book would be enough. The abs diet fits my needs at this point in time. Belly fat is my issue. If you have not found a plan that makes sense to you, I recommend giving this book a try.

I have no brilliant inspirations for losing weight. It is just hard work and takes an incredible amount of willpower. I battle my habit of turning to food every day for comfort or out of habit. In my case, food is something that I enjoy. I collect vintage cookbooks and enjoy reading Julia Child and James Beard, as others do novels.

I am striving to become more disciplied and exercise self control. For me, to be successful, I must be in the right mind-set to garner the willpower I need to succeed.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Welcome :bigsmile:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Glad you found something that works. Good luck and welcome to the site, you'll do great:flowerforyou: