Do you get hit on?

Replies

• never been hit on, never will be
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    I'm a guy, so no, unless I haven't noticed, so I doubt it....
  • Amazingday
    Amazingday Posts: 682 Member
    No, but I am usually toting two teenage daughters with me so.... yeah. LOL
  • mermaidrhirhi
    mermaidrhirhi Posts: 39 Member
    I get hit on quite a bit, to be honest, and I have since I was 14. I think it is more the energy you put out. For a while, it stopped when I was overweight (for the most part) but I think that was because I was emitting a different energy. I was self conscious and wanted to disappear in a crowd. Now that I am feeling confident again, the hitting on has restarted...if that makes sense.

Sometimes I don't mind it, but other times men can be extremely disrespectful and inappropriate. The other night for example, some dude asks for a hi-five on the street, I say no, and then he says "oh, well I was hoping it would lead to me having sex with you". WTF?? Why would anyone ever feel that is appropriate to say?
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Hardly ever...well, pretty much never.

Ive been told my friends that my height is intimidating...or that when they first met me, they just assumed I must already have a boyfriend. *Forever Alone* LoL yeah, I just go online nowadays. When I do get the nerve to ask a guy out, turns out hes married...I havnt been asked out in ughhh...years. And no, guys screaming "dat a** though!" after me doesnt count. Not at all.
  • EPK1071
    EPK1071 Posts: 35 Member
    Bill8855 wrote: »
    EPK1071 wrote: »
    Same boat. Never get hit on. Never have...I have no clue why...

Maybe you're too hot???
    Sometimes that can be intimidating.

Hahahahaha....or too ugly!! I had to ask my husband out after I met him.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    No, not really. Online I guess, but not so much in day to day.
  • abuck_13
    Nope 5' 6"

Oh maybe they're insecure men? But then again if you're always smiling at people, people will just think you're being nice

Maybe, my guess is I'm a pony tail and jeans kind of girl. I don't wear makeup and take about 15 minutes to get ready. I think guys prefer their women dolled up.

Not all guys...my preference is the women who keep it simple.....of course, I didn't marry that way, but still I tell my wife to not worry about it....
  • Dragn77
    edited March 2015
    abuck_13 wrote: »
    Nope 5' 6"

Oh maybe they're insecure men? But then again if you're always smiling at people, people will just think you're being nice

Maybe, my guess is I'm a pony tail and jeans kind of girl. I don't wear makeup and take about 15 minutes to get ready. I think guys prefer their women dolled up.

Not all guys...my preference is the women who keep it simple.....of course, I didn't marry that way, but still I tell my wife to not worry about it....

LoL you know what though? I have mused, while talking to friends that guys seem to always go for the xyz girl, whatever it may be that we're talking about. And while they insist that is not true, that girls who are down to earth and blah blah blah are awesome and amazing and they love that in women....they always instead end up marrying someone that is exactly like I described, and none of the stuff I am. Nice to date but not to marry I suppose?

I have yet to rub it in anyones face and be all "told ya so!" I could though!!! :wink:

Hate to say it, but I have moved to wearing more makeup, dressing less casually and being more trendy, and curb my quirky sense of humour quite a bit as the years go by. 99% of the time though, I just be me, which includes being single LoL and most definitely unmarried. :blush: ETA but dont get me wrong, Id rather be single and happy than have to spend the rest of my life pretending Im something Im not just so someone wants to be with me.

• abuck_13
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    Nope 5' 6"

LoL you know what though? I have mused, while talking to friends that guys seem to always go for the xyz girl, whatever it may be that we're talking about. And while they insist that is not true, that girls who are down to earth and blah blah blah are awesome and amazing and they love that in women....they always instead end up marrying someone that is exactly like I described, and none of the stuff I am. Nice to date but not to marry I suppose?

I have yet to rub it in anyones face and be all "told ya so!" I could though!!! :wink:

Hate to say it, but I have moved to wearing more makeup, dressing less casually and being more trendy, and curb my quirky sense of humour quite a bit as the years go by. 99% of the time though, I just be me, which includes being single LoL and most definitely unmarried. :blush: ETA but dont get me wrong, Id rather be single and happy than have to spend the rest of my life pretending Im something Im not just so someone wants to be with me.

well my wife will keep it simple at times, but when she plans on going somewhere, she has to do some makeup and so forth, while I'm like "just throw something on and let's go!"

In the long run, it doesn't really matter, I just grew up in the country basically so my preference is for the simpler...guess going to school in the city kinda makes a difference though as the ladies I met were not really country but city and suburban...
  • Fortunately the answer is no. I bruise easily.
  • fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member

[/quote]

In the long run, it doesn't really matter, I just grew up in the country basically so my preference is for the simpler...guess going to school in the city kinda makes a difference though as the ladies I met were not really country but city and suburban...[/quote]

I'm not a country girl. I was raised in the city but my dad is a contractor. I think each person just has their own style. I'm comfortable in a pair of heels at the Opera but I'm more comfy in a pair of jeans helping tile a friends house.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    Nope 5' 6"

well my wife will keep it simple at times, but when she plans on going somewhere, she has to do some makeup and so forth, while I'm like "just throw something on and let's go!"

In the long run, it doesn't really matter, I just grew up in the country basically so my preference is for the simpler...guess going to school in the city kinda makes a difference though as the ladies I met were not really country but city and suburban...

Well yeah, Im sure who you are around makes a difference... Was just musing over how often I come across it, that what guys say they prefer, and who they actually choose to marry, tend to be different. It just is what it is!
  • Amazingday
    Amazingday Posts: 682 Member
    I just posted I don't get hit on. I was pumping gas and got a huge shout out. I am counting it for me and not my husbands jeep. :wink:
  • augold86
    augold86 Posts: 587 Member
    I work in an office with women that make me look like a hot pile of garbage, I don't get hit on much. On occasion I'll get hit on but 9/10 times it's some really weird creeper dude...
  • QueenBae97
    QueenBae97 Posts: 80 Member
    No :'(
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Sadly I am too oblivious to things so if I do I don't notice.
  • Bill8855
    Bill8855 Posts: 4,267 Member
    sdfrcf wrote: »

This is kinda me too.
  • fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    That's honestly probably most people
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    That's honestly probably most people

Ditto. There are times when I get to bed then smack my forehead when I realize it lol