Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 27

Happy Sunday! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and is getting ready for a new week to begin. The week that brings us to February and closer to the end of our challenge. See where you are with your goals and make sure you are on track. If you aren't let us know how we can help you get to where you need to be!

Yesterday I rode my bike for 36 min at a moderate pace, did the Self: Trim & Tone Fast Arm and Shoulder & Chest workouts, & I drank my 8 waters. I didn't get to go clothes shopping with my full chart as my 3 year old has picked up my 1 year olds cold. :frown: He spent most of his basketball game with my husband holding him or lying in the middle of the court.. Hopefully he will be over it quicker than the baby. My husband has to go out of town for work for a few days this week, plus his hockey... I'm going STIR CRAZY! I'm not even going to be able to get out to visit with friends this week! Maybe I can channel my pent up energy into extra exercise! :bigsmile: It could work! I still wanted to lose 7 1/2 lbs by Valentine's Day. Maybe this will be just what gets me there. As long as I don't raid the cupboards in my time here at home...

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Have a great day!
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Happy Sunday! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and is getting ready for a new week to begin. The week that brings us to February and closer to the end of our challenge. See where you are with your goals and make sure you are on track. If you aren't let us know how we can help you get to where you need to be!

Yesterday I rode my bike for 36 min at a moderate pace, did the Self: Trim & Tone Fast Arm and Shoulder & Chest workouts, & I drank my 8 waters. I didn't get to go clothes shopping with my full chart as my 3 year old has picked up my 1 year olds cold. :frown: He spent most of his basketball game with my husband holding him or lying in the middle of the court.. Hopefully he will be over it quicker than the baby. My husband has to go out of town for work for a few days this week, plus his hockey... I'm going STIR CRAZY! I'm not even going to be able to get out to visit with friends this week! Maybe I can channel my pent up energy into extra exercise! :bigsmile: It could work! I still wanted to lose 7 1/2 lbs by Valentine's Day. Maybe this will be just what gets me there. As long as I don't raid the cupboards in my time here at home...

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Have a great day!
    Niccole
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Hi ladies,

Today is candlelight yoga for an hour.

And, my new favorite exercise, mani-pedi. :wink: I'm making my chart harder this week, adding "study for two one-hour sessions everyday". Trying to channel my discipline for working out over to that other VERY important thing.

I'm sorry about your sick little one (s?), Niccole. Sounds like you're working out just getting everything done. And yes, exercise is an excellent cure for cabin craziness!

Happy Sunday!:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Good morning ladies:flowerforyou: I just finished the Biggest Loser Cardio Max. 50 minutes burns 400 calories & it is a great workout. I took yesterday off to give my muscles a rest. My glutes were SCREAMING at me all day:grumble: Off to enjoy my day!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Niccole - Maybe you could call friends while on the bike? Anything to make you feel you have the company of adults right? Of course you could sound like a dirty caller if you're out of breath.

Yesterday I kicked butt. 30 min walk with husband, 35 min walk on treadmill incline, 35 min elliptical, 30 min weights, and 10 min stretch - for a total of almost 900 calories - all of which were enjoyed that evening.

The weather has turned wonderful here - days in the low 70s - so gardening must begin. I don't count it unless it's over an hour, and I only count half the time I'm out there for calories - but there's a lot to be done. I would like to plant more veggies this year (or any veggies for that matter - in my exclusively flower garden) - and it's time to plant artichoke and asparagus - my two favorites. I know it must seem weird to y'all northerners, but our best growing season is winter-spring - unless you like your veggies baked on the vine :smile: Oh, it's time to plant blackberries too - love blackberries. Unfortunately, we can't grown raspberries here (my favorite fruit) as it is too hot. Sooo, with the preparing of the soil and removing last years debris, I got some work to do!

Plan your charts this week - my next one doesn't start until Feb 1, but I'm practicing now.:bigsmile:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Niccole, best wishes for sanity & health in your house! :flowerforyou:

Hmmm, I need to see some weight drop. I've been exercising, and still stuck :indifferent: I had an amazing experience all week; just about everyone I saw commented on my weight loss. Some of my athletes came in just to see 'cause they'd heard I looked good! :blushing: That's a great feeling.

I'm going to cut a few calories this week and boost my workout intensity. My metabolism needs a jumpstart, and I'm feeling motivated. Will do my 60 min aerobic/resistance as soon as munchkin goes down for a nap. I pumped him full of pancakes, so the full belly will take over shortly!

Might take my husband & son to open swim tonight. We'll see!

I am also re-dedicating to my "no deep-fried food" mission. I've done well with no pop, but french fries are my weakness... and I wonder why I haven't lost weight ! :laugh: PLEASE hold me accountable.

:drinker: Here's to an awesome week ahead!