Conquered the Great Wall

I started on this journey trying to get myself back in shape after losing my husband to cancer (5 year battle), and myself in the process as his primary caregiver.

I had an opportunity to go to visit a friend in Asia, and climbed the Great Wall of China in Beijing. Personally I think they should call it the "Great Staircase", because 3.5 hours later and more than 3,000 steps, I have found my old self. It feels so good to be back!!! Total pounds lost to date are 38 with 22 more to go.

My wish for everyone on this site is the same great feelings I again have. Life is good.

Replies

• I started on this journey trying to get myself back in shape after losing my husband to cancer (5 year battle), and myself in the process as his primary caregiver.

I had an opportunity to go to visit a friend in Asia, and climbed the Great Wall of China in Beijing. Personally I think they should call it the "Great Staircase", because 3.5 hours later and more than 3,000 steps, I have found my old self. It feels so good to be back!!! Total pounds lost to date are 38 with 22 more to go.

My wish for everyone on this site is the same great feelings I again have. Life is good.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    way to go with climbing the wall :smile:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    That is so awesome. You should be very proud of yourself. :flowerforyou:

113953.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    God Bless You. That is fantastic!! Welcome back...to the world!:flowerforyou:
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    whoot!
  • You go girl :)

98244.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Good job!!!!

(And I agree about the "great staircase" )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!