40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Happy Wednesday! I made it through kickboxing last night. I have to drive past my house to get there after work and was so tempted to just go home as I have been feeling extra tired this week, but I didn't! I know I made the right choice and did feel better after and I think I slept better last night as well. Long day today so no workout today.

Hope everyone has a great day! It's supposed to be sunny here- love seeing the sun! B)
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited April 2015
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

I've got office relief today, just not sure yet how early I'm going in. My cleaning lady called in sick, so I'm turning and burning, trying to fit a whole morning of cleaning into a couple of hours. No time to respond to everyone, but as always, you guys rock. Keep up the good work.

Welcome to the new guys and hello to everyone else. Hope you guys have a good day.

Larro

PS: Happy April Fools Day.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    went for a really awesome walk last night down by the river. It was beautiful! The weather was around 68 and perfect. We have many bald eagles here and I was able to watch a couple of them. It feels so good with spring finally starting to arrive and get outside. The cabin fever starts to it about this time of year. LOL

I am going helping lead our Easter Breakfast at church on Sunday and have been preparing for that this week. I made a bunch of hard boiled eggs this morning and the confirmation kids are going to dye them this afternoon for decorations. Happy times :)
  • Emmalusmom
    Emmalusmom Posts: 61 Member
    Well I have made it into week three of walking. It was cut a little short yesterday due to the weather. It only took one lighting strike and I was done for the day. And then found out later that a lady in my state got hit by lighting yesterday.

I have been telling myself no snacking after 8pm and it has been working well so far. I am just trying to make little steps right now. But I am feeling better about myself and the effort that I am making.

Kelly - I continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Allen - I hope that you continue to keep getting better.

Caramel - Take it easy on yourself. I am happy that things were not worse for you.

Beeps - Keep your chin up and remind yourself of all that you have already accomplished. And it doesn't hurt that you already look amazing! BOOM!

Curious - Are you okay? You always check up on me.

Larro - I hope that life is treating good my friend. My husband and I are going to be in PC in July.

Ruby - Don't let others negativity bring you down. Choose other things to focus your energy on.

sederski - I just love the pictures. It really looks like you had a blast!
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Working from home. I am so productive. I love to get an early start and take quick breaks to throw on laundry. Have to rescue daughter in a bit - forgotten recorder for music - the horror LOL.
    We bought a new truck and are trying to adopt a puppy dog. Today is sunny and still cold but I defintely feel springy! Tons of energy and plans for cleaning / reorg. Looking forward to a productive weekend.
    Larro - clean clean clean!
    Caramel - rest up that knee
    Ruby - walk sounds phenomenal. This week has been so crazy, I hope we get the puppy I want because she'll take NO excuses for not getting out.
    KellySue - You rock! Keep up the great work.
    Lifesajourney - logging first is a great tool. When you look at the Calories, it makes you pause to decide if you want something different. Panera and other restaurants posting calories is super helpful too. You look at that tiny cupcake entirely different when you realize is it is 1/3 your calories for the day and will no way replace a whole meal.
    Happy spring! I need to get some flowers inside because I am still staring at minimum of 2.5 feet of snow on my front lawn / garden.

When this conference call ends I am going to sneak in a bit of exercise!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hey Kids,

Hope all of you are well and plugging away.

Ruby--I avoid whining/negative people at all cost. When a person insists on being negative I ALWAYS tell them the positive side of it. Almost always they no longer seek my company or when they need a boost of positive energy and motivation to come to me. Life is difficult enough and to have someone weighing you down like you ate a pot of spaghetti is NOT WELCOMED. Yes things happen in life and a person needs to vent and get it off their chest, yet when it is day in and day out it is EXHAUSTING/DRAINING. Do all you can to stay away or POSITIVE HIM/HER TO THE POINT THEY CAN NO LONGER STAND IT. I would love to see a pic of the eagles. I like how you are staying active. Active does not always involve the gym, you can get exercise in other ways.

Beeps--How are you doing? Perhaps a lift challenge of some sort can mix things up for you. I also wondered if you had the time to start a woman's lifting group. I bet you would be great at it.

Emmalou--OMG sorry about the person who was struck by lightning. I am glad you are ok and knew when to take your leave.

Nickph--I am also more productive at home versus being in the office. Please keep us posted about the puppy. There is nothing cuter than a puppy. What kind of truck did you end up getting? I hope your snow leaves you soon. I had enough of it during our Winter season.

Larro-As usual the road runner is busy.

KellySue-Great job on the kickboxing. That took willpower to pass your house. You are my HERO for sure.

CrosbyLee-Glad to see you back.

AllenPriest--Hope you are recovering

SDERESKI and CG--Are you both ok? Haven't seen anything from you in a bit. Thinking about you...HUGS!!!!!

Kate--where did you go?

I want to thank all of you for caring enough to wish me well about my leg. I am a person that the little things mean so much. I cried a little yesterday because I could not work out, but I am grateful that my leg is not broke. The doc said no lunges or running but I can do upper body workouts. I have to adapt temporarily for a few weeks. The doctor said she was really shocked my back was not injured considering the way I twisted myself to grab the bannister. I credit that to working out and lifting as the soreness to my back was just like a workout.

Have a great day everyone.

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    The day would not be complete if I did not tell you that I found out that I am pregnant at 43 years old......

Oh by the way.....APRIL FOOLS....
  • KellySue67
    edited April 2015
    The day would not be complete if I did not tell you that I found out that I am pregnant at 43 years old......

Oh by the way.....APRIL FOOLS....
    :astonished::smirk: !!!!! LOL!

fz7tvi51hbj9.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,896 Member
    A "challenge" would be totally awesome!! I am doing an April challenge on another thread here at mfp....so, hopefully that kick-starts something nice for me!

I did go lift today. Heavy things. Done. BOOM!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Well I decided Monday night that my knee felt back to normal so I gave my 85lb 9 year old a piggy back up the stairs. Then last night we did pistols, slow/fast kicks and froggie jumps aanndd now my knee is sore again. Still got to kettlebell for 6am. Last morning class since hubby starts days next week!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member

Kate--where did you go?

Here I am ! Here I am ! LOL.

Hey Kid's ! Sorry I've been M.I.A. Life happens.
    Still maintaining around 151 lbs. 4 lbs. under goal. I brought some shorts/capris the other day in a size 6. I can live with that.
    I actually tried on one pair that were a 4 and they fit but I didn't buy them. I texted my 5'2" sister about it. She texted back " Do you have an eating disorder ? ". LMBO

Caramel- Sorry about your leg hun. Take it easy till you heal.
    Ruby- I wish I could come up with a happy spray you could just mist the negative person with. I often tell my fb friends to send a crop duster by my house when Jeff's being moody or Josie. So far no luck. Though I do try to distance myself from negativity as much as possible.

Just trying to enjoy the warmer weather here. Still wearing my son's hoodie right now.

Hello Newbies and welcome. Gotta run it's coffee time. LOL
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    How on Earth do you all keep up?!?

I'd like to respond to everyone, but lately I only have time to lurk. I'm still rooting for you all, though!

I'm light on exercise today, but I figure it's okay because tomorrow I chaperone 5 eighth grade girls walking all over Washington DC. I'm pretty sure that will provide more than my typical workout. And that I will be exhausted by the 11:00 return time.

Happy Hump Day!
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Woot! Woot! Just checked my weight and down another .8 lbs, I will take it. My total is now 9.4 lbs gone. :)

Kate I'd say go back and buy the size 4 you've worked your butt off for that! Way to go!!!!

Alisha I can't keep up with everything either lol. A lot of the time I and reading and getting inspired and kind of feeling a bit like a stalker because of that. Which I'm NOT! It is great reading about everything I concentrate more on what I need to do for me and then have results.
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Good Morning. New to MFP and I found your thread and loved it. I look forward to reading some posts later today.
    Becca
  • KellySue67
    Good morning Cool Kids. Got to spend a wee bit of time with Jake this morning. He has a bit of a cold, poor boy, but he still ran around Grammy's house and gave me his most devilish smile! >:)
    Kickboxing tonight! I am feeling a bit of a cold coming on myself, but I am determined to not let it stop me from attending tonight's class. I am planning on getting in to the gym tomorrow morning as well for some weights and a little more cardio. Hoping all goes well.

Have a good day all!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Good morning to all. Can't believe April is here, still quite a bit of snow on the ground here, and supposed to be some cold and stormy weather the next few days. I finally got some Easter decorations out and put up yesterday, it has snuck up on me this year. Today I need to go get groceries and some Easter basket goodies. I have a few quilts that I need to quilt for my customers too this week. It is a busy week for me, but I have been making myself do my exercising done first. Hopefully it will get nicer outside soon and the mud dry up so we can get walking outside too. Monday night I went with 3 friends about 2 1/2 hours south to see a nationally known quilter do a lecture and trunk show. It was really neat to hear and see all that. I even saw a couple ladies I used to be in a guild with 20 years ago who were there.

Caramel, so sorry to hear about your leg, so glad it's not broken. You need to just be patient, not over do it, and try to maintain what you've done so far with your food and upper body and allow yourself to heal. Don't be discouraged about it. Be thankful it's not worse, and patient for the healing of it.
    Kelly sue so glad your husband is doing so well and will be home soon.
    I am a little worried about all the Easter food. People expect certain foods we always have to be there, I don't want to derail anything, it's been so slow to loose this 21 lbs and have more to go.
    Well, I just had my dog barking that someone was here, I am still in my workout bra shirt thing and was not too excited about it, but it was out mail lady dropping a box on our porch. I had bought some paper pantographs I use on my quilting machine from someone who went to a computerized machine. that's what it was, I am so excited!!!!! Now I want to go play!!!!
    Have a great day everyone.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Happy Thursday Cool Kids!! I know some of us will be off work tomorrow and have a long weekend. I am taking off this afternoon and looking forward to some time in the country and seeing the wildflowers. Hope to have pics later. I may be MIA for a day or two. Not sure if I will have access to the net. Wish me luck as I will be pulling our travel trailer and it is only the second time I have taken it out alone. First time was good, so I am planning for another good trip.

To all of our injured- a speedy recovery back to your usual activities. I know you guys hate to miss them!!

To all our new friends- Welcome!! It is hard to keep up with all of us but just try.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and stay busy!!
  • KellySue67
    Kickboxing got cancelled. :cry: The instructor is not feeling well. :frowning:
  • Beeps2011
    KellySue67 wrote: »
    Kickboxing got cancelled. :cry: The instructor is not feeling well. :frowning:

Booooooooooooooooooo.
  • Beeps2011
    3furballs wrote: »
    Well I decided Monday night that my knee felt back to normal so I gave my 85lb 9 year old a piggy back up the stairs. Then last night we did pistols, slow/fast kicks and froggie jumps aanndd now my knee is sore again.

....you are a slow learner!!