Does Alcohol stall weight loss?

MariaMia816
MariaMia816 Posts: 23 Member
I don't drink a lot but last weekend i decided to have a few drinks....I may have cocktails once a month. My drink of the night was Bai5 (2 net carbs per bottle) and Grey Goose.....I jumped on the scale today and Im up....not much (less than a lb.). So should I avoid alcohol??

Replies

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Alcohol and weight loss never worked for me. The more I drink the more I eat. A couple of drinks equals a large pizza. So alcohol went away at least until I hit goal weight.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    A lot of people say they can have 1 glass of wine a week and keep losing, but any more than that, and it stalls them out.

I haven't actually tested it. I've drank wine once since starting and showed a loss the next morning, but I also ate Klondike bars for dinner that night (shush, not happening again...for a while).
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    I try with alcohol (I stick to Absolut) to match it ounce for ounce with water (just like I do coffee). I find it's not so much that the beverage in either case is interfering with my progress, but that I don't drink water along with them. That's not good. So as long as I'm 100 oz of water + whatever I've had in non-water beverages, I don't worry too much.

But the point about your judgement sometimes flying out the window, along with your carb limit, is very valid. I only drink after a meal, not with one.
  • mr21mr21
    mr21mr21 Posts: 21 Member
    I drink one vodka soda every evening and am still having good results with weight loss (1-2 lbs/week)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I lost with a glass of wine most evenings. More on Fridays.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    I find doing certain things can get me into an environment/mindset that can cloud my eating judgement if it is in a group setting especially. Setting at the computer for the evening alone with a pound of almonds in reach can make weight loss harder in my case. :)
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    I lost with a glass of wine most evenings. More on Fridays.

Same here. One glass of wine maybe 3 times a week does not affect me. More than that and my eating gets out of control, which most definitely affects me.