100 lb. gone!!!!

earlnabby
earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
I have now lost 100 lb. in 15 months!! (50 more to go to goal)
My timeline:
  • Dec 30, 2013: went to doctor because I was extremely weak and quickly out of breath.
  • Weight 311 lb
  • Dec. 31, 2013: went to hospital to receive 4 units of blood to treat severe anemia. Additional tests showed T2 diabetes with an A1C of 7.3. Stayed for 4 days while they did other tests and found that anemia was caused by bleeds in the stomach from erosion caused by GERD.
  • Jan 3, 2014: got home and started eating actual meals of nutritious food instead of grazing on whatever or ordering in. Started on diabetes meds and omeprazole for the GERD, plus iron supplement.
  • Feb. 14, 2014: discovered MFP and started counting calories and fitting my food to my macros including reduced carbs because of the diabetes
  • Weight 290 lb.
  • March 3, 2014: started going to a fitness center for a water exercise class. Also bought myself a Fitbit and started trying to get 2000 steps a day.
  • After this, I just kept increasing my steps until I was able to get 10,000 regularly by the end of summer. I started swimming laps in the fall.
  • Nov. 27, 2014: reached the goal of losing ½ of the weight I needed to lose
  • Weight: 235 lb
  • Dec. 3, 2014: after several A1C in the 5.5 range, hemoglobin consistently over 13.5, and no GERD symptoms, my doctor took me off the meds and iron.
  • April 4, 2015: 100 lb gone!
  • Weight:210.8

Next stop, Onederland, then the final push to goal.

What I have learned: MFP works if you work it properly. Log daily; work on hitting your macros; weigh and measure your food; tweak it to fit what you enjoy, what your nutritional needs are, and what foods you are the most satisfied with. Let common sense prevail, you don’t need rules and regulations to eat better. Try to prepare actual meals as much as possible. Enjoy treats on occasion. Find something you love that makes you move more. Stalls happen, sometimes it is your fault and sometimes the weirdness of the human body prevails. Understand that and improve anything you need to change and you will get through them. One night or weekend of binging will not cause you to lose all of your progress unless YOU decide that it will derail you.

Me at about 20 lb less than my starting weight

yjei0tm60rml.jpg

Me at the halfway point:

aejcwyoeos02.jpg

Me at 100 lb. gone:

q7mkp4rv0wsb.jpg
d1isklf42cvg.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!