People On MyFitnessPal-Vent

12346»

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    In on the mean people Easter thread, this should be a doozy, and off to search for what prompted this...

OP if you want to save me some time and post links to where people were rude to you that would be awesome. I've got asparagus to wrap in proscuitto and plastic eggs to fill with candy before Easter part Deux later this afternoon....

There's been no less than 3 people in this thread who have said people here are mean. I can almost get a bingo from that alone. With the free spot in the middle I just need ONE more person.

Seriously though, is popcorn not cool today... do I need to ask someone to pass the jelly beans and peeps (I'll be honest, I don't actually like peeps... go ahead, I'm ready for my public flogging)

I'll sit with you in the corner of Peep hatin' shame.

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    adamitri wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Come on, why are we having a mean people thread on Easter? ffs.

Well, since it's Easter......has anyone ever heard of the diet where you have a long-eared animal hide your food every night? If you don't find the food, obviously you're going to eat less, and even if you do find the food, you've probably burned a lot of calories looking for it! It seems like a win-win! Who's with me?

Do ferrets count? Wait, he's not long eared... maybe I can glue something to old franks head. hmmm

I don't think a ferret would work. There's something about the length of the ears of the animals that makes them really good a hiding food, thereby making the diet more effective.

It's all been proven by like science and stuff. I think Dr. Oz is going to talk about it on his show next week, so you know it's legit.

My dog is really good at hiding food, and she has long(er) ears. Although, I don't want the food back when she's done with it. That would work for weight loss! I'm in.

OP, there are no short cuts or quick fixes. It's going to suck at times, and you will make 'mistakes.' The sooner you recognize that having a meal where you didn't plan for the calories you consumed is not the end of the world, and that losing weight does not have to be punishingly painful (tail end of a detox, or the 'all egg' diet), the sooner you can focus on learning about fueling your body in a way that is optimal for it. This takes time, and trail and error. As for the forums and the 'mean people' don't completely disregard everything you read because you don't like the perceived tone of it. There is a lot of great information here and some not so great information. Take what works discard the rest. Best of luck.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    You've started a thread about Lemonade Detoxes ( a redundant thread since those get started at least weekly) and were told they are a waste of time and bad idea. You started another detox thread (redundant in so many ways) and were again told it was a bad idea and waste. Your latest diet thread is about yet another fad, unsustainable plan.

In all three of those you were told how to lose weight in a sustainable, healthy way. You choose to ignore that advice and go chase another fad time and time again.

Now you have this mean people thread because you ask about things, get told a truth that you don't want to hear, then complain that people didn't "support" your unhealthy idea.

Oooh thanks for letting people know wht it was about.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Serah87 wrote: »
    BINGO!! ;)
    I haven't gotten my card yet, how the hell did you get Bingo already?

I have 2 cards going at the same time, lol. ;)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Why do people keep trying to turn this into some kind of high school made-for-TV movie? Mean girls LOL

Fair warning: If you burst into song and a choreographed dance routine imma gonna slap you upside the head

midnight_beast_dance_routine_by_skellingtonjess-d4a0y1q.gif

;)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-26272-1334684200-14.gif

Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

kgeyser
This discussion has been closed.