Nyquil loaded with calories?!

michelletyler38
michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
edited 10:21AM in Food and Nutrition
Ok so now that I'm on this TRACK EVERYTHING kick I was just really being silly & decided to look up Nyquil in the system.. It came up!!! & It said it has 93 calories!!! Ummmm excuse me?! Is this true?! Say it aint so!!

Replies

• MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Yup. It's true. Sad.
  • Jbauer41
    Jbauer41 Posts: 55
    SERIOUSLY? I wouldn't have known that.

Great work by the way! :smile:
  • michelletyler38
    soo almost bought the gelcaps too!!! :( Now I get to take on an extra 400 ish calories to my day...
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Nyquil (the liquid) has alcohol in it and to mask it they use a lot of syrup stuff which is why it's so many calories. You actually could get pulled over for a DUI if you take Nyquil and then drive afterwards! I don't think the pills would have that many calories though.
  • michelletyler38
    Nyquil (the liquid) has alcohol in it and to mask it they use a lot of syrup stuff which is why it's so many calories. You actually could get pulled over for a DUI if you take Nyquil and then drive afterwards! I don't think the pills would have that many calories though.

I know this! The alcohol part haha
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    I don't count calories when I'm sick. My body needs extra fuel to battle the germs, and restricting calories puts (mild) stress on your body, so when I am sick, I still choose healthy foods, but I do not log anythiing until I am well.

There's my $0.02 :laugh:
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    I don't count calories when I'm sick. My body needs extra fuel to battle the germs, and restricting calories puts (mild) stress on your body, so when I am sick, I still choose healthy foods, but I do not log anythiing until I am well.

There's my $0.02 :laugh:

I agree. If you're sick and need to take Nyquil, you probably shouldn't use caloric content as a reason not to take it. At least it shouldn't be your #1 concern. Your body needs the energy because its working overtime trying to fight off whatever bug you caught. And most likely if you're sick you probably haven't felt like eating a whole lot anyway. I know I don't. So you would probably have enough calories left in your daily allotment to cover Nyquil anyway.
This discussion has been closed.