Running out of time-what do you think

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Why will it matter if you are 225 or so vs. 205? You will still have made a positive step forward and have a good start (more so if you do it in a healthy and sustainable way) on losing the rest of the weight you have to lose.
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    I'm sorry but no, you didn't gain it all at once and its not going to magically fall off because you really need it to. Start today and log your food- stay within the recommended calories and find an exercise you like. The time will pass anyway so don't give up because you cant lose it all in 2 1/2 months.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    You may be able to lose quite a bit in that time. Based on your profile, it looks like you are just starting out losing weight. It is very common to drop quite a few pounds more than the usually advised 1-2 pounds the first week. Between that and the fact that people with higher starting weights can fairly easily lose at the high end of the safe range, I'm guessing you could lose 30ish pounds between now and 2 months and 21 days from now.
  • HarbaughLorraine
    HarbaughLorraine Posts: 1 Member
    At 237#, I lost 30 in about 6 weeks once with 1200 cals and 6 days/wk cardio - and yes - I've gained it all back and then some. That time it was for a cruise. And I was 9 yrs younger. This time I have 2 months to make some noticeable reductions and I'm starting at 273. Too big to do the cardio route again. But, when you start out this heavy, the first 10# come off mighty quick just by water weight gain and starting exercise. Better to focus strength training and toning those areas that need to look good rather than look at the scale numbers. Losing 20# of fluffy water weight vs losing 10# of sculpted fat = the latter will be more noticeable.
  • jendraka
    jendraka Posts: 117 Member
    I weighed upwards of 200 when I started losing weight. The more you have to start with the more possible to come off in a shorter amount of time. I lost 40lbs in the first 3 months I dieted and I ate consistently at 1300-1500 calories and exercised regularly. I didn't starve myself, I didn't overdo the exercise (just started with walking daily), I just made sure I kept active and to the diet. I know several people are saying it can't be done, but actually, it can. Safely too. It is just a matter of how much you have on you to start with.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    So why the deadline?
    Btw its completely unrealistic and you are setting yourself up for a fail. If you lose 20 that would be excellent going.
  • ClicquotBubbles
    ClicquotBubbles Posts: 66 Member
    So what happens in 2 months and 21 days?
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    qopf3782ewms.gif
    don't rush it...bad idea. Stand strong in who you are and shed safely and permanently
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    June is the month most of reunions happen. So you can either lose weight safely, and go to the reunion strong, or lose weight like a person in the desert, and get there looking older than you wanna look. hmmmm
  • ClicquotBubbles

End of world.

Cool. Time to start eating loads of fatty foods and tell the neighbours what I really think of them.

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    edited April 2015
    Oh...please, dont..

Please don't what?

If you work hard you might get close. You might find you lose the first 5-10 lbs in the first two weeks just due to water weight (reduce sodium and drink lots of water). After that you could aim for 2 lbs a week safely. That would get you to about 22-28 lbs lost. Not too shabby - and pretty close to what you're hoping for (35lb - 7lbs different isn't much, usually not too visible to the naked eye unless you're already slim)! You'll feel great by then! That being said even if all you do is lose 2 lbs ins 11 weeks, that still a step in the right direction and you should be proud of that. And who knows, maybe you'll lose faster than that. It's worth trying. Just don't make yourself sick (make sure you're eating net at least 1200 calories a day - though I'd recommend eating more than that).

The key is to start immediately, keep chugging along, don't beat yourself up if you don't lose weight that quickly or if you eat too much a few times and ask for help if you need it.

Personally for me, deadlines make this whole thing harder so if you find that, maybe just do away with your deadline and see how it goes. Be happy.
  • Annr

End of world.

Cool. Time to start eating loads of fatty foods and tell the neighbours what I really think of them.

sensing alot of "clean the freezer out" parties....your neighbors gonna luv ya :-)
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member

This?
    16872928629_e009231d5f_o.png
  • foobazola
    foobazola Posts: 29 Member
    Possible? Yes. Dangerous? Yes. Healthy? No.
    If somehow you manage to drop 35-40 pounds in that short time, I guarantee you'll gain it all back just as quickly, assuming you're not hospitalized from the attempt.
  • Annr
    Party at Clic's house on June 27th 2015...woop woop.
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    jendraka wrote: »
    I weighed upwards of 200 when I started losing weight. The more you have to start with the more possible to come off in a shorter amount of time. I lost 40lbs in the first 3 months I dieted and I ate consistently at 1300-1500 calories and exercised regularly. I didn't starve myself, I didn't overdo the exercise (just started with walking daily), I just made sure I kept active and to the diet. I know several people are saying it can't be done, but actually, it can. Safely too. It is just a matter of how much you have on you to start with.

I think the point the several people you are referring to are trying to make is that it can't be guaranteed. So, what happens if she doesn't reach that goal? For some people it can be enough to say "forget it!". I feel that in weight loss it's better to aim for the lower end of weight loss progress, .5 - 1lb per week, rather than the 2 lb per week. Weight loss isn't linear so even if she set her weight loss to 2 lbs per week, it is not guaranteed that it will happen, even if it happens to others.
  • Annr
    "did you SEE that ZOMBIE at table 9?"....."oh that is just so-and-so that dieted to look that good....."
  • ClicquotBubbles
    Annr wrote: »
    Party at Clic's house on June 27th 2015...woop woop.

Hey its Khloé Kardashians birthday on June 27th, you dont think that maybe the op has an invite to the party?

• Annr
    I think the point is that the journey to get to where you wish to be at (weight-wise), is as important as your goal of what you wish to be at.... You are only thinking of the final numbers...and how quick you can achieve them. That is like wishing for a 4 layer white cake...but not buying the ingredients, or sticking it in the oven to bake....it just doesn't happen.