How to make regular cheerios taste good?

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Cereal-Killer-Spoon_Jeff-Bogle-NX30-Imagelogger_Apr-5-2014.jpg
    I'm buying the movie rights!

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    FFS.

If your anemia is so bad you can't be a STUDENT, then you need one of the following:

1) A big dose of "get over yourself" and a plate of liver.
    2) Intensive Psychiatric treatment
    3) Prescription supplements
    4) ALL OF THE ABOVE
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    ana3067 wrote: »
    TL; DR can someone please briefly explain to me how a thread on cheerios got to 500+ posts? :smile:

Welcome to the poop-storm.

oh my... wow, just wow :huh: :explode:

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    So, you're 23 and still living off your mom.
    I don't need to taste them, I eat meat to counteract my severe iron deficiency.

I'm not 23. I'm 21. I never said I was 23. And yes I was living at college (I did for a couple years) but the iron deficiency got too bad and I had to come home. I've been out of school for an entire year cause of it.

Your profile says you're 23... in case you were wondering where she got that number.

Ok so lying about your age too. Got it.

Also really perplexed how someone who asks questions like "how can I make one cereal taste like another" and statements like "I'm a vegetarian because I don't eat meat all the time" could survive even one semester in college.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited April 2015

This isn't as weird as it sounds. I'm 24 and still on my parents' insurance. Their insurance is much better than anything I can get right now through my university or the affordable care act. Relying on someone else's insurance doesn't mean you're living off them.

You don't need the policy holder's name to use insurance. If the OP is on the policy she'll have her own card and can make her own appointments. Mommy doesn't have anything to do with it unless she's paying for the co-pay. If that's the case then maybe it's time to become more independent and make some adult decisions to take care of your mental and physical troubles.

I've been on my parents' insurance while in university, I do not have my own policy holder's name. This is their work insurance. So not seeing how me being listed as a dependent until I turn 25 is a problem when Im only working once a week (any more than this and I cannot handle it while in school, and yes others do work PT or even full-time while in school - who cares, my mental health is more important).

That being said, when I wanted to go on ADs I said so, and didn't wait for someone to make the decision for me.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    That's true, and personally I do cover all my co-pays since I'm at least part-time employed, but OP may not have income to make a co-pay, considering her health problems and anxieties. Vicious circle :/
    Yes, and it sucks. The only way for her to break this "vicious cycle" is to pull up her big girl panties, decide she's going to make a change, come up with a battle plan, and freaking do it. @21 years old still whining about chewable vitamins, hot dogs, and food poisoning isn't exactly progress.

She's either serious about getting better or she's not. If she's not then she needs to stop pissing and moaning and deal with it. If she's serious then do it.
  • ana3067
    So your iron deficiency is so bad you have to live with your mom and can't go to school and you STILL won't eat a f-ing gummy? Jeebus.

Um, sorry dude, taste buds > university education ANY day.
  • HeySwoleSister

This isn't as weird as it sounds. I'm 24 and still on my parents' insurance. Their insurance is much better than anything I can get right now through my university or the affordable care act. Relying on someone else's insurance doesn't mean you're living off them.

You don't need the policy holder's name to use insurance. If the OP is on the policy she'll have her own card and can make her own appointments. Mommy doesn't have anything to do with it unless she's paying for the co-pay. If that's the case then maybe it's time to become more independent and make some adult decisions to take care of your mental and physical troubles.

I've been on my parents' insurance while in university, I do not have my own policy holder's name. This is their work insurance. So not seeing how me being listed as a dependent until I turn 25 is a problem when Im only working once a week (any more than this and I cannot handle it while in school, and yes others do work PT or even full-time while in school - who cares, my mental health is more important).

That being said, when I wanted to go on ADs I said so, and didn't wait for someone to make the decision for me.

Not to mention that a full-time student usually has access to student health services, regardless of their parental situation.

(Also, to our non-US MFPers? Welcome to our Labyrinthine world of health care. Fun, huh?)
  • ana3067
    EWJLang wrote: »

Not to mention that a full-time student usually has access to student health services, regardless of their parental situation.

(Also, to our non-US MFPers? Welcome to our Labyrinthine world of health care. Fun, huh?)

Yes. I'm in Canada BTW, and student health care is optional, you can opt-out. I accidentally didn't opt out this year so I've been covered on both the school and parents' plans. But I know other students who are only covered on the student plan. There's a pharmacy on campus and everything.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited April 2015

At my school, I'm currently in grad school, you can sign a waiver to use your parental insurances instead of school insurance. If you do this, then you no longer have free access to SHS. This applies to both grad students and undergrads.
  • HeySwoleSister
    I'm so old, I am from the time when you got booted at 18. Which was during my Freshman year. When school let out for the summer, I went uninsured until school (and the student health service) started up again in the fall.
  • yogi323
    yogi323 Posts: 56 Member
    Here's an idea. Why doesn't everyone on here buy Flintstones chewables with iron and take one and tell me how it is?

I used to take them for YEARS because other pills would make me puke. I needed a multivitamin to correct a poor diet, so when some were too harsh on my stomach, I tried TONS of brand until I found one that worked. Now that my diet is better I don't take a multi, but I do still take supplements as needed for my disease to help ease symptoms. Because that what I have to do. It really isn't that bad. Again from a fellow anxiety sufferer, go get help. Within the week, if possible. If this thread is serious (which I'm starting to doubt due to lies) then I'm sincerely worried for your health. Go. Get. Help.
  • jennifershoo
    Here's an idea. Why doesn't everyone on here buy Flintstones chewables with iron and take one and tell me how it is?

Lol! I take Floradix. It's liquid iron and I'm not dead from the taste.
  • Christine_72

yes it's most confusing. .. Here, medicare covers everything.people who work can get private insurance, which means no waiting lists and cheaper treatment. And if you're in school or unemployed you get treatment of anything/everything for free

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited April 2015
    Regardless of all the insurance though, there are ways to see a therapist. I would image that OP's school would get her the help she needs. There are likely free clinics, church advisors, training clinics at other schools, support groups, community mental health centers etc that OP could go to if she really wanted help.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited April 2015
    Not sure why I didn't think about this before but if you are already severely iron deficient the 18mg per day (for the average woman in this age group) NOR the 100% from the box of Cheerios is going to be enough to get your levels where they should be. According to Hematology.org you're going to need a minimum of 24 cups of Cheerios each day to get your iron to where it's supposed to be. You better start munching, Sunshine.
    The amount of iron needed to treat patients with iron deficiency is higher than the amount found in most daily multivitamin supplements. The amount of iron prescribed by your doctor will be in milligrams (mg) of elemental iron. Most people with iron deficiency need 150-200 mg per day of elemental iron (2 to 5 mg of iron per kilogram of body weight per day). Ask your doctor how many milligrams of iron you should be taking per day. If you take vitamins, bring them to your doctor's visit to be sure.
  • jennifershoo
    So your iron deficiency is so bad you have to live with your mom and can't go to school and you STILL won't eat a f-ing gummy? Jeebus.

You mean: taste buds > university education > ability to dress up > ability to get out of bed > ability to breath ANY day.
  • Christine_72
    Somehow I think this person is pulling your legs, because from the little I have read, if it were True she'd be locked up by now... Harsh I know, but that's how all this is coming across to me :disappointed:
  • ana3067

You mean: taste buds > university education > ability to dress up > ability to get out of bed > ability to breath ANY day.

Well, I mean DUH. Kind of everyone's obvious choice hierarchy.
This discussion has been closed.