Running out of time-what do you think

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    So what happens in 2 months and 21 days?

And how long have you known it was going to happen?
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Arghhhh, sorry, i was writting on my iphone, dont know why but it doesnt show the whole massige i wrote, just first sentence.
    Well, all i can say its the matter of honor and pride...and just a little bit of love.
    My journey starts today, i will try and hope for the best, but will see what happens, will let you know.
    Any support is wellcome.

So a wedding anniversary then. One you undoubtedly knew was coming.
  • Rather than asking for opinions, just get started! Even though you probably won't hit that magic number, you'll be making great progress by then. Figure out your calorie goal, and hit it! You could easily (well ok not easily, but reasonably and healthfully) be down 20 lbs in that time period. Good luck!
  • samistarz
    samistarz Posts: 23 Member
    I was 178 in January and I have lost about 30lbs in 95 days... This involves eating low calorie (1200 and less) and exercising twice a day, every day and trying not to eat calories back. It's very hard work and I have the odd snacking/junk food days.
    You can look at my diary and progress and add me if you want.
    just be healthy and know your and your body's limits!
  • tratincica5000
    tratincica5000 Posts: 16 Member
    S
    misskarne wrote: »
    Arghhhh, sorry, i was writting on my iphone, dont know why but it doesnt show the whole massige i wrote, just first sentence.
    Well, all i can say its the matter of honor and pride...and just a little bit of love.
    My journey starts today, i will try and hope for the best, but will see what happens, will let you know.
    Any support is wellcome.

sorry, but big no.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    samistarz wrote: »
    I was 178 in January and I have lost about 30lbs in 95 days... This involves eating low calorie (1200 and less) and exercising twice a day, every day and trying not to eat calories back. It's very hard work and I have the odd snacking/junk food days.
    You can look at my diary and progress and add me if you want.
    just be healthy and know your and your body's limits!

What you're advocating is against the Community Guidelines, and not healthy.
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    I started at 242 on January 1st and am now down 42.4 lbs, so yes, it is possible to lose close to 35 lbs in that time. I did not starve myself, I have eaten over 1500 calories every day, sometimes closer to 2000, and I exercise an hour or more a day. I don't think I've done it unhealthily, I've just stuck with it and worked my butt off. I think that my being obese lead to more of a 3lb/week weight loss, it's not like I tried to lose more, it just happened, I ate plenty of chocolate along the way. I just wanted to give you hope that maybe you can do it too, and the best thing you can do is give it a try, eat less, move more, and see what happens. You will lose weight, it may not be as much as you hope for, but it'll be better than nothing.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Maybe OP made an unwise bet. There was a thread recently about someone who needed to lose a lot of weight for a bet and had run out of time.

OP, I would just start getting together the money now. You have enough time to lose enough weight to see a change, but probably not enough time to lose that exact amount.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Maybe OP made an unwise bet. There was a thread recently about someone who needed to lose a lot of weight for a bet and had run out of time.

OP, I would just start getting together the money now. You have enough time to lose enough weight to see a change, but probably not enough time to lose that exact amount.

:laugh:
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    S
    Any support is wellcome.

sorry, but big no.

You do realise that the more you try to hide it, the more the people in this thread will be curious as to why you've set such an impossibly ridiculous deadline...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    S
    Any support is wellcome.

sorry, but big no.

You do realise that the more you try to hide it, the more the people in this thread will be curious as to why you've set such an impossibly ridiculous deadline...

I think that's the intention!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    herrspoons wrote: »
    S
    Any support is wellcome.

sorry, but big no.

Not really. I can honestly say I don't give a toss.

:laugh:

i just wish this thread would stop popping up on my notifications!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Agree with spoons,i've lost interest. The only reason in the first plae was to see if it was one of those stupid self imposed deadlines, but now the OP seems to have turned it into some sort of guessing game.
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 160 Member
    Hows about buying a girdle. Search you tube. Some make you drop 2 dress sizes. Short of dropping a limb or two, I can't think of anything else. OR you could pretend you are writing an article about how to gain and lose weight quickly and you are currently at the start of your research>

Seriously, don't beat yourself up. It's hard enough as it is. (I am obese myself so do have empathy).
  • CorbanRushworth
    CorbanRushworth Posts: 4 Member
    OK, OP. It IS possible, but you're going to need to dedicate 3 hours a day to exercise, mostly cardio, and survive a strict calorie controlled diet - 1200 calories a day; no eating them back.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    S
    Any support is wellcome.

sorry, but big no.

I think that's the intention!

Agree
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    A couple of reasons people fail at weight loss, (myself included in the past)
    1. They look for a quick fix to their problem, completely forgetting it usually take years to put in on in the first place.
    2. They believe there must be some special pill, detox or severe restriction they must do.
    OP, unless you want to ultimately fail, take your sweet time and do this the right way. Eat at a moderate calorie restriction and slowly lose.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    Start now, do the best you can. I agree that you'll be exercising...cardio at a pace you can sustain for several hours a day to get anywhere close to your desired results. this is not a war that can be won by cutting simply cutting calories
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    The fact that you're post is entitled 'Running out of time...' tells me that the deadline was known further in advance and no action was taken. So my question would be what have you been doing for the past 2 months and 21 days?
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    edited April 2015
    Ok, so i have exactly 2 months and 21 days to loos about 35-40 lbs...what do you think, is it possible? Pleaseee, say it is..... I have much more to loose, i am around 245 lbs, but i needdd to lose those 35 lbs in that time. Maybe, if i really, really try.....?

You could lose weight in two months for sure. Do it safely by eating healthy and calorie counting.