40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Beeps, I need to join you on your challenges!!! Like you say, time to close my pie hole!!!!! LOL At the airport in Miami, going home!!
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Nick - a lab puppy. Nice! My Kali is a black lab Australian shepherd mix... She loves camping too, good thing I like it as well. We usually go for a couple of nights in the summer with the trainers. Last year there were 13 dogs and they wore each other out, not to mention the activities the trainers had planned for all of us. Scavenger hunt, couple of really long hikes with some running involved and off leash time for the dogs, swimming and paddle board to give the dogs a different challenge. Then there were the campfires and all the food. Summer is coming.
  • JackieUnlimited
    Oh and 6 Legs to Fitness, always fun!
  • I started a strict 1500 call a day diet with only cardio ie elliptical training. I started today to remove all carbs from my diet. I NEED HELP!! I need recipes badly and encouragement to meet my goal. Was 225 lbs 5'10", 46 y/o. I am currently at 214, 3 weeks in. My goal is 190 lbs.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Glad to hear everyone is doing good.

Nick, the puppy sounds wonderful. Great inspiration to keep moving.

Stephanie, working 12 days in a row sounds horrible!

Beeps, Good luck with the new diet and lift heavy things! BOOM!

Shotsome, good luck with the diet.

I've changed my tactics and I'm gradually increasing my calories. Weight loss will take longer buti just don't do well on super restrictive calories.

I cut my thumb on the Sunday and worked out on the Monday, so not same day. I was feeling rather queasy after I cut it. It's feeling a lot better and is looking like it will seal ok, just need to keep it protected and safe.

I did kettlebell tonight and jumped in for the last 30 minutes of Kickboxing, still just shadow boxing with the right hand and will be for a while. Walked to and from work too.

I've realized that working out has become like a fun version of brushing my teeth. I feel wrong and weird if I don't do it! But much more fun than brushing my teeth. I love pushing myself and seeing the strength increasing and my endurance getting better. May get back to combat conditioning on Thursday. A HIIT class that had some wild stuff. See how my thumb feels.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    nickpnh wrote: »
    Yeah. I will have a new source of exercise on Sunday! We're adopting a 9 month old lab from a lab rescue! Some may remember our sweet lab passed away at Thanksgiving so I am looking forward to a new furry friend and the kids will be over the moon too!

Walking the dog has been a good way to get me moving more.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited April 2015
    Happy Hump Day! Kickboxing last night was a little difficult, but made it through. No workout today or tomorrow, but I will be back at it on Friday. I have a morning full of meetings so I have to run, but wanted to check in and say hello!

Have a great day!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    @3furballs- Yeah, it's a bit painful which is why I don't do it very often. LOL
    Morning everyone!
    Hit the treadmill last night after work before picking my kiddo up at daycare. Got about 2 miles in before I had to head.
    Last night my boyfriend ordered me a new Fitbit (early birthday present!). I currently have the Ultra but it doesn't connect with my phone (which would be nice while I'm at work) so he ordered me (and himself) the Fitbit One. I'm so excited!
    Even more excited that he wants to do this with me. :)
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Morning Kids,

Hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

I could not sleep and was wide awake at 2 a.m. and decided to take a 5 a.m. spin/tone class this morning. Can you say WIRED!!!!lol....I love to work out in the morning. I have TRX later and I look forward to that class as well.

Keep up the great job everyone.

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Morning Kids,

Hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

I could not sleep and was wide awake at 2 a.m. and decided to take a 5 a.m. spin/tone class this morning. Can you say WIRED!!!!lol....I love to work out in the morning. I have TRX later and I look forward to that class as well.

Keep up the great job everyone.

Caramel - Way to get the morning started!!! I used to do some spinning classes but have not done one in a long time.

I made the call to the gym in town yesterday to talk to them about joining. They do not have staff there all the time so you have to set up an appointment to join. Sam started track this week in middle school and he will be tied up with that until close to 6 pm so this will work out perfect. I will have extra time for me after work!!!
    I am really excited to get back to a gym where there is all the weights I need. I am especially looking forward to the leg press. Not kidding! I miss it. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,922 Member
    No workout today. Diet remains well-performed. BOOM!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Skipping kickboxing tonight, my body is achy and not sure if it's overworked from working out this week or the start of my daughter's cold. Have to adjust dinner since they had irresistible pizza for lunch at our meeting.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    Still over 40, though I am trying to change that.
    Still not cool, though I've given up on changing that.

And...still

• JackieUnlimited
    Chaelaz.....and still you/we are all in good company here.
  • JackieUnlimited
    @shotsonme2000 Think about doing things that are going to be easy grab and go things. I hard boil a dozen eggs, grab one with 30g of hard cheese and some pepperellos and put them into my lunch bag for either breakfast or lunch. I still have some carbs in my diet, working on cutting back some myself. Cravings are real bad at first but stick with it they will pass!
  • @JackieUnlimited good idea. UPDATE.. today is my second day trying to cut out all carbs. I didn't do too bad but it's going to be harder than I thought for food options. I weighed this morning and I'm now down from 225 to 211. I was so excited to see the scale reading that. My motivation is in high gear and my energy levels are awesome. I'm still sticking with on cardio workouts. New goal will be running a 5k in July. Can't believe how 5 years out of the Marine Corps has changed my physical appearance. Good luck everyone.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Good Evening Cool Kids.

You guys are all very busy. Not me. I've laying around on the couch all day. Other than my usual Wednesday pre-cleaning lady cleaning, flowerbed and garden detail, cooking supper and cleaning up, I've done next to nothing today. Supper was super lite tonight, so even before adding cardio, I'm way low on calories. Too full to think about it now, but must find four or five hundred calories before bedtime. I'm going to run for now. I've got a new book and the bathtub is calling.

Hope everyone had a good day,

Larro

The Larro Ranchero weather report called for isolated showers today. There was one over the flowerbed after I got the new plants Margie bought transplanted.

dc2ft9w1fz67.jpg
  • JackieUnlimited
    @shotsonme2000 That is an awesome loss! Way to go!!! Get in the habit of reading the ingredient labels. The closer the food is to it's natural state the better for you. The fewer items listed the better. If you can't say it or have no idea what it is just put it back on the shelf.
  • @JackieUnlimited it's all good. I watch the ingredients closely. Actually the real challenge is sodium. I can't believe how much sodium is in everything. I'm searching the net constantly for recipes. I'm getting healthier but it's costing me more money LOL
  • Emmalusmom
    Emmalusmom Posts: 61 Member
    Hello All You Cool Kids,

Well I have made it into week 4 of walking (between 7,000 and 9,000 steps). I have not seen a real move in the scale and I must admit that it is a little discouraging. BUT! I am not giving up and will keep moving forward! I want to know if any of you show when you have a gain. I have like 11 lbs. (since falling off the wagon). I am ashamed to say. But I think that I should show them so that I can see them coming back off. Please give me some advise on this. I have also been looking at food prep videos and think that I may try this too, at least for lunches to start.

I hope that everyone is having a great day!