Just though of a question

Options
I just thought of a question...

you guys say that you shouldn't write down stuff that you do daily as excercise.....and some say that you get your excercise from just regular dancing around the house.....

what do you do if you regularly just put on your headphone and move? Should I count that as excercise?should I be saying those are my excercise cals?

Replies

• DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I just thought of a question...

you guys say that you shouldn't write down stuff that you do daily as excercise.....and some say that you get your excercise from just regular dancing around the house.....

what do you do if you regularly just put on your headphone and move? Should I count that as excercise?should I be saying those are my excercise cals?
  • luvdance
    Options
    moving and grooving is great. I think it is really up to you. how do you feel about moving around the house? it sounds to me like your dancing and having fun. you can move with more intensity to get your heart rate up sometimes. It definetly counts towards daily fitness in my opinion. ultimately it is about you and if you want to count them for calories burned.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you have your activity level at! Also, if you are starving (not just craving, but truly hungry) after a couple days then upping the calories a little bit (including that in your exercise) helps a lot. I don't count stuff unless I do it and break a sweat for more than 20 mins straight....usually going for a walk or the gym only.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I think the word 'regular' is the key. If you dance around each day as part of your normal routine-and have set your activity level to medium or high then this would be included.

I actually use dancing around the house as my excercise 1-2 times a week. I put my headphones and HRM on and dance for 60 minutes solid....this makes is aeorbic. I keep my HR at 70-80% for 45 minutes of this, and have 10 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down.

Use your arms and watch your HR shoot 10-20 points!!

Have fun!:flowerforyou:

I hope this helps....didnt mean to rant on :yawn: