Track macros- eat anything you want

Hey guys, iifym (if it fits your macros) is the easiest and most enjoyable way to lose weight. Message me if you have any questions after looking it up!

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I've never really looked onto IIFYM. Do you ignore calories and only stick to your percentage of macros??
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    What a novel idea.
  • Christine_72
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I've never really looked onto IIFYM. Do you ignore calories and only stick to your percentage of macros??

No

How helpful :smile:

I shall Google

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member

Since macronutrients make up calories, no. But not everyone explicitly tracks calories while tracking macros. So if the person needs 300g carbs, 50g fat, and 140g protein or something then they might just track the macros and eat until they have met those macros within a few g.

Calorie goals need to be established before you can set up macro goals, so calorie goals are always going to be of consideration.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member

I was wondering this too. I saw someone else post that the only way CICO doesn't work is when you're counting macros.... But that didn't make sense to me.
  • Christine_72
    Thank you Ana :smile:
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »

I was wondering this too. I saw someone else post that the only way CICO doesn't work is when you're counting macros.... But that didn't make sense to me.

Whoever said that does not know what they are talking about.

Agreed... I'm completely new on this whole CICO thing so I'm still in the learning process of everything.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member

It depends how you do IIFYM. If you count grams, then you don't have to count calories. If you just try to hit ratios, then you do have to count calories.
  • Christine_72
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

It depends how you do IIFYM. If you count grams, then you don't have to count calories. If you just try to hit ratios, then you do have to count calories.

I've never paid much attention to IIFYM ins and outs. But I remember reading on more than one occasion that you do not have to count calories if you're doing it, that's about as far as my knowledge goes on that! Your explanation has cleared it up for me.
    I watch my macros closely, but not at the expense of my calories.

Anyways got it now, didn't want to hijack this thread..

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    While you can eat whatever you want, you still have to be aware of your portions and calorie counts because surplus will add extra weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png