So glad I found this!!!!

Hello! Just joined - midnight in CA and knew it was now or never! Kids are asleep, honey is happily playing xbox :tongue: , dishwasher is running . . . . it's so good to log in and see how you're really eatting and what it's going to take. My doctor wants to see me every three month to make sure I'm losing weight and I don't have the time or money to join any big programs, so I'm very grateful there are sites like this out there! Looking forward to making some friends and celebrating our successes (and helping through the strugglin' days!). Sleep tight!

Replies

• Hello! Just joined - midnight in CA and knew it was now or never! Kids are asleep, honey is happily playing xbox :tongue: , dishwasher is running . . . . it's so good to log in and see how you're really eatting and what it's going to take. My doctor wants to see me every three month to make sure I'm losing weight and I don't have the time or money to join any big programs, so I'm very grateful there are sites like this out there! Looking forward to making some friends and celebrating our successes (and helping through the strugglin' days!). Sleep tight!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Welcome. 1 kid and husband are asleep and my son is playing xbox. How funny is that. My dishwasher is off, but the washing machine is going.
    Welcome to a great site with lots of support. Good luck to you on your new lifestyle change.
  • welcome...i love this site,and i think you will too. when i'm having a weak moment i log on, go through my food diary and exercises and see my hard work, and read these forums, it really helps! lots of support here, we all have the same goal!!
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Me too! Just joined last week. Tracking food really seems to help get an idea of what I need to be eating. I am shocked at some of the contents of some food (i.e. sodium, potassium, etc). I never really knew how much foods had until I saw my limits. One bowl of Mrs. Grass soup was my sodium intake for the day. Also found that I short on potassium. Looks like I will be eating more bananas!!!

I feel better that I have this calculator. I almost can not wait to fill it out every day.

Melissa
  • I just joined a week ago myself. I am getting along ok. I have stumbled a bit here and there but I am sticking with it this time. I am looking at the serving sizes for once in my life and amazed at how much I was eating in a sitting. Most times I was eating 2 or 3 servings worth instead of 1. i love this site!
  • Me too - late night planning for my menus for the week is almost the norm. 4 kids, a full time job and farm make time a premium. its just too easy to grab something quick. I just starting using glucomannan, has anyone found success with this supplement?
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    I am in the same boat. One of the days, at the end of the day I was completing my food log. My daughter has some candy corn. I was eating them as I was typing my diary. I was so happy to be within my calorie range goal. my husband reminded me to add in the candy corn I was eating. When I did, I was instantly over my goal. It was an eye opener on just what 15 pieces of candy corn can do. Needless to say, I am making MUCH WISER DECISIONS on what I choose to eat. I am excited and can not wait until this summer.