Running out of time-what do you think

Replies

• DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Arghhhh, sorry, i was writting on my iphone, dont know why but it doesnt show the whole massige i wrote, just first sentence.
    Well, all i can say its the matter of honor and pride...and just a little bit of love.
    My journey starts today, i will try and hope for the best, but will see what happens, will let you know.
    Any support is wellcome.

WAIT...you have this totally unreasonable thing that you are trying to do in a very short time frame...and you DIDN'T EVEN START YET?

But she did start! Step 1 is always "post vaguely about your intentions on MFP to make sure everyone thinks it's a bad idea".
  • tratincica5000
    tratincica5000 Posts: 16 Member
    Vaguebooking. Not just for facebook anymore.

Vaguebooking? Whats that? English is not my mother language.
    Ah, nevermind, iam done here anyway.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    oh she mentioned me....(lady in Oregon feels kind of special :smile: ).....um what else is there....if its not those....rolls eye.....oh puleeeease tell me you aren't losing weight for a man or sumthin.....His birthday....wait...YOUR birthday....now that is a good reason....but like all that have typed before me....its not really doable....be nice to yersalf.....(all mis-spellings were on PURPOSE HA!)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    I know.....!!! And its for a very honorable reason. (Being a retired Navy Wife). I have done exactly like you...."oh my husband is coming home!!!.....but really all they see is the love in your eyes.... All will be well..
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    I was thinking of someone coming home from the military too. Maybe OP is a mail order bride?
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    edited April 2015
    Arghhhh, sorry, i was writting on my iphone, dont know why but it doesnt show the whole massige i wrote, just first sentence.
    Well, all i can say its the matter of honor and pride...and just a little bit of love.
    My journey starts today, i will try and hope for the best, but will see what happens, will let you know.
    Any support is wellcome.

You met someone online and your face to face meeting is coming up soon? That's why the short notice/deadline. OH NO! You didn't lie about your profile stats & now have to not disappoint your new man/woman?
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Deadlines are for chumps and yo-yo dieters. Healthy living has only one finish line, and it's in the dirt. You should be living now in a way you can sustain for the rest of your life.

OMG.....THIS!!!!!! cvylltqiuh30.gif

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    samistarz wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    samistarz wrote: »
    I was 178 in January and I have lost about 30lbs in 95 days... This involves eating low calorie (1200 and less) and exercising twice a day, every day and trying not to eat calories back. It's very hard work and I have the odd snacking/junk food days.
    You can look at my diary and progress and add me if you want.
    just be healthy and know your and your body's limits!

What you're advocating is against the Community Guidelines, and not healthy.

Diet and exercise...? And to be healthy and know you're limits? and then giving my experience of my sustained weight loss and lifestyle change. Ooook then.

Your diary has you eating around 1000 cals a day, and then exercising on top of that, making your net intake much lower, and that is what you are advocating to the OP. Not healthy.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    don't recognize sarcasm?

With the things some people say seriously on here sometimes?

*shrug* I guess I'm tired of all the people who are in a huge rush to lose weight. It takes time, hard work, dedication, etc....and most of all time.

then please please do not respond. .so many people on this site that need professional help and will take your sarcasm seriously.
  • Therealobi1
    Op set realistic goals and just lose what you can until your deadline. if you do something silly you will regret it come the deadline day.

I lost weight for a holiday but i gave myself almost a year to do it. Weight still off, so no regrets.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    don't recognize sarcasm?

*shrug* I guess I'm tired of all the people who are in a huge rush to lose weight. It takes time, hard work, dedication, etc....and most of all time.

then please please do not respond. .so many people on this site that need professional help and will take your sarcasm seriously.

it quite clearly states that this website DOESNT give professional help...
  • Therealobi1
    don't recognize sarcasm?

I DIDNT NOT SAY THE WEBSITE GIVES PROFESSIONAL HELP.
  • tratincica5000
    Op set realistic goals and just lose what you can until your deadline. if you do something silly you will regret it come the deadline day.

I lost weight for a holiday but i gave myself almost a year to do it. Weight still off, so no regrets.

Thanks, i will not do anything silly, just 1300 kcal a day and some workout, thats it. I want die if i will not manage to loose 35 lbs, i just asked if its possible, but regret it ever since.
  • tratincica5000
    Annr wrote: »
    oh she mentioned me....(lady in Oregon feels kind of special :smile: ).....um what else is there....if its not those....rolls eye.....oh puleeeease tell me you aren't losing weight for a man or sumthin.....His birthday....wait...YOUR birthday....now that is a good reason....but like all that have typed before me....its not really doable....be nice to yersalf.....(all mis-spellings were on PURPOSE HA!)

OMG, LADY IN OREGON, you are so smurt, it hurts!!! (Ohh, and mis-spelling is on PURPOSE, ah).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    don't recognize sarcasm?

you didnt not say? so you did say?! say what now!?
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    As lots of others have asked - why the deadline?

Just track your food, drink and exercise. Make sure you do the exercise too, that'll make a huge difference physically, emotionally and mentally.

Do that for a month then check out the difference in your weight and measurements.
  • Therealobi1
    don't recognize sarcasm?

is that code for something?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member

Thanks, i will not do anything silly, just 1300 kcal a day and some workout, thats it. I want die if i will not manage to loose 35 lbs, i just asked if its possible, but regret it ever since.

To lose weight you will need to be at a deficit. To lose the amount of weight you are hoping to then you will need to be at an absolute minimum of 1550-2000 calories a day deficit. Probably a lot more because its not an exact science. Based on what you said its highly unlikely you will be able to create such a deficit nor would it be a good to lose at that rate. You can help yourself a lot if you undestand the basics of weight loss and just the simple math.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    don't recognize sarcasm?

is that code for something?

"Didn't not" is a double negative, which makes it a positive. Therefore, saying you did not NOT say becomes you DID say.
  • tratincica5000
    [/quote]

"Didn't not" is a double negative, which makes it a positive. Therefore, saying you did not NOT say becomes you DID say. [/quote]

Jesus.