Woman's World Magazine

usmcmp
usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I wrote a long winded rant about how much I hate this magazine, but deleted it and will let pictures do it for me (these are typical covers for this weekly magazine).

*Mods: Please don't move this to chit-chat. I think if it goes there the people who could be helped by seeing it will not see it.

ww_cover.jpg
image.aspx?i=cover0072589.jpg&w=300
Wom-World-Cover-Aug-2012.-chicBuds.jpg
ysq022.jpg
Womans-World-Stella.jpg
WomensWorldMagazine-cover-244x300.jpg
WomansWorld_cover.jpg
Womans-World-Magazine-Cover.jpg
0810_womans_world_c.jpg
womans_world_nov2012_acne_treatment_concealer_cover.jpg
Screen-Shot-2012-06-04-at-6.29.30-PM-785x1024.png

Replies

• usmcmp
    If I could manage to shut a company down I would target them. This is why people are so confused about weight loss. I find this irresponsible.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Sorry, I couldn't get past the first cover where "End your carb addiction" is featured right above the cupcake tips!!
  • usmcmp
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    Sorry, I couldn't get past the first cover where "End your carb addiction" is featured right above the cupcake tips!!

Every magazine is like that. Garbage diet advice and high calorie recipes. Sometimes on the same page.
  • PeachyPlum
    usmcmp wrote: »
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

Every magazine is like that. Garbage diet advice and high calorie recipes. Sometimes on the same page.

Yeah, I just noticed that appears to be the template...
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Makes National Enquirer look legitimate and restrained.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    If any of those plans actually worked, I don't think you'd even have a magazine any more.
  • PeachyPlum
    Makes National Enquirer look legitimate and restrained.

Well, this is a publication marketed entirely to women. And everyone knows wimminz are ignorant and sit home all day eating sweets and watching soaps. :rage:
  • aimeelav
    aimeelav Posts: 26 Member
    Forget chemo, just eat some applesauce???
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Tinabob777 wrote: »
    It seems like Dr. Oz is on the board of directors!

I agree, it's irresponsible and annoying! Is everyone really just looking for a "quick fix"?

Eta- I find it super amusing that practically every cover claiming weight loss has desserts on the cover! Like lots of them!

Ya it's like.. cure your carb addiction... but when you fail, here is a great recipe for cupcakes! LOL
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Wow. It's like they copied and pasted every spam ad off of the internet and sold it in a magazine.
  • PeachyPlum
    Wow. It's like they copied and pasted every spam ad off of the internet and sold it in a magazine.

It's effing genius when you think about it
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    /\/\ Yes, I totally agree. This is why all the confusion permeates logical discussion on the forums, about what is the right way to lose weight. This magazine is one big contradiction, the front page sells you on looking thin. Then on the inside it is full of advertisements for different diets and pills that are most likely harmful, then bombards you with fattening recipes. This magazine is one of the worse for pushing diet garbage...
  • usmcmp
    You can find some of this "new great advice" every week while you wait in line at the grocery store right next to where you check out.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    LCloops wrote: »
    /\/\ Yes, I totally agree. This is why all the confusion permeates logical discussion on the forums, about what is the right way to lose weight. This magazine is one big contradiction, the front page sells you on looking thin. Then on the inside it is full of advertisements for different diets and pills that are most likely harmful, then bombards you with fattening recipes. This magazine is one of the worse for pushing diet garbage...

I find the magazines like Cosmo/Elle/Self etc. even more annoying with various articles focus on self-esteem and self-acceptance paired with underweight models and quick fix diets.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. I rearranged my fridge, ate the magic soup, drank a few glasses of tea, and donated my clutter, and now I'm a millionaire supermodel who manically bakes the-most-adorable-cupcakes-evah for my massive following of friends/family.

Seriously, my hair is so shiny and perfect, and I only spend like three or four minutes on it every morning. I NEVER spend over five minutes on my gorgeous mane of hair.

Thanks, Woman's World Magazine! :p
  • usmcmp
    LCloops wrote: »

I find the magazines like Cosmo/Elle/Self etc. even more annoying with various articles focus on self-esteem and self-acceptance paired with underweight models and quick fix diets.

Like this:
    11134144_1013066145390111_9218703917416478368_n.jpg?oh=c8849742b98f2f828269c1b6697d1d42&oe=55A18F7A
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    I having a running joke with one of my friends that I would never make the cover of a woman's world mag. Yeah I lost 60lbs, but it took me a whole year!
  • usmcmp
    I having a running joke with one of my friends that I would never make the cover of a woman's world mag. Yeah I lost 60lbs, but it took me a whole year!

I have a joke like that as well. I lost over 70 pounds in 3 years and will never make it into a weight loss article ;) Only in the fitness world is the speed of the loss important.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    That magazine drives me nuts and I just want to burn them all.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    God, is this magazine still going? I remember my grandmother and aunts reading it when I was a teenager and I'm in my 40s now. It looked exactly the same then, too.