Fall '15 babies

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    RosieRaz wrote: »
    I had a C-Section (not by choice of course) but didn't think it was too bad. I don't have a labor story to tell people because you kinda skip that part. Helen - if you don't need a C-section, don't get a C-section. It's more expensive and the recovery is longer. If it can't be helped, then there is nothing wrong with it. Since I had one already, I will need to have a c-section again for my second child (if you wait 5+ years between children, you can give birth naturally). It makes it a little scarier knowing you're going to have major surgery, but on the other hand, its nice to have the birth date planned and scheduled.

I was in labour with my first for 20 ish hours but not bad labour. Then had c section. Recovery went well. Here (UK) they mainly recommend VBAC so long as no problems through pregnancy. You dont have to wait 5 years think just 1 year.
    Cost not an issue for me personally as we in UK and dont pay as such (Pay taxes off wages to NHS and you have what ever treatment you require for the same taxes paid).

Will wait and see what the consultant says. Thanks for the info though.

Poke - Hope you can refrain from itching, thats one of the worst things. Glad it doesnt seem like anything too serious though.

Helen

• summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Poke, it sounds like you need the adult version of the newborn mittens that are supposed to keep the baby from scratching himself, or maybe some of those cute little sleeves that fold over your hands. Or just stay swaddled for the next three weeks!

I'm teasing, but I really am hugely sympathetic about the itches. Itching is utter misery.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    My husband is seriously threatening cotton gloves at night. I wake us both up itching my legs and feet! The dermatologist yesterday was very sympathetic, she said in her opinion itching is often worse than pain! I think she's right. I feel like I'm doing ok today, but it's hard! I find myself scratching without any thought... it's just a reaction. It's taking a lot of brain power to keep my hands off (and I havn't been 100% successful) trimmed my nail very short, so i can't rip at them at least!
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    So I went to the doc today, and you are correct Helen - you can do the VBAC after C-section. I went to a new doctor and he said there was some risk, but not a lot. My last doctor either lied to me or that was his personal policy. I will probably do a C-Section again though.
    On a different note, I found out I was 4 more weeks along than I thought. So instead of 8 weeks, I'm at 12. Looks like mid-October and not mid-November. Well that takes a month off of the waiting game. Yay for that!!
  • @RosieRaz wow! That's quite the jump in progression!
  • helenmelon29
    Morning all. Rosie- that's nice jump forward. I was a week ahead when had my scan.

Weighed myself and up another 4lb (8lb in total). Had bacon last night and crisps! And eaten too much choc! So I'm getting myself back together. Hoping drop back down a little from all the salty stuff I had yest.

Today I'm cleaning, walking and going to try DVD later on. As not don't any DVD for a while.

Hope u all have good day x
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    I can't stay out of the easter candy! And... still working thru leftovers! I'm completely off the wagon, lol! I fell off and got run over by the wagon honestly! I'm up 7.3 lbs this week! I know that can't all be actual weight gain. But heck. That's crazy!! I went over 150... i was hoping not to do that until much later! I need to motivate myself to make better choices, to stay away from the candy! I hit my 10,000 steps daily, and run 4xs a week... sigh. It's what's going into my mouth and I know it. Will do better today (but, that's what I said yesterday! ) I'm going to log and see if that helps me stay honest!
  • summer8it
    For me, the bunny cake was my downfall. No one wanted to take it home from the Easter picnic, so since my household consists of a 150-lb 6'3" man, a 78-lb 12 year old boy, and a pregnant woman, I volunteered to give the bunny a home. I finished it yesterday, thank goodness, but I also found I'd gained more than expected when I did my weekly weigh-in!

I'm just really, really glad that I resisted the buy-one-get-one-free plus coupon deal on Starburst jelly beans. I know from experience that I have no self-control with those things.
  • RosieRaz
    mmmm....starburst jelly beans. Those are so good! Thankfully, my 2 year old is still a little young to be bringing home the goodies. Good luck ladies keeping it on track.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    I finally had my very first appointment so I was holding off on posting too much. I'm currently 10 weeks+3 days with our first baby. Because I had been tracking my ovulation for many months, I knew when my cycle was and they confirmed my suspicions on a due date being November 3rd or 4th.

If it's the 4th, little baby will share a birthday with my husband. Ack! :D

Ultrasound looked good, but the doctor said she wasn't the best at giving ultrasounds and couldn't quite get the heartbeat (but assured us that everything looked really well anyway). Baby was wiggling ALL OVER THE PLACE! I must be lucky because besides debilitating fatigue, I haven't really been too sick. No morning sickness at all. Struggling with food a bit and too tired/lazy to workout a lot, but hopefully the fatigue lets up and I can get back to it. I want to workout so I can be as healthy as possible, but this fatigue is really brutal. :p
  • helenmelon29
    Congrats. Glad ur first app went well.

We still at farm for lambing so went home to get some exercise dvd's. The portable DVD played stopped working so got one from my grandas house to use . It won't work either!!! Hope that's not a sign ! Lol. Gonna have to buy a cheap one and get my bum moving!

It's rainy/ snowy / sleet today ! Where has spring gone!

Helen
  • Hi sarieth! Im due the beginning of November too! :) my first scan is this Friday and I'm really looking forward to it. I loved seeing the little gummy bear last time.

I've been really lazy cooking recently and so we've had pizza and kfc for the last couple days. Add onto that some leftover easter candy and I'm up 2 lbs more than I'd like to be. So we will see if it's just water weight I guess. I'll be drinking lots of water and trying trying to keep my calorie intake down for a little bit.

also, if anyone wants to add me that'd be great. It would be so nice to have more pregnant ladies on my news feed. :)
  • summer8it
    Warning: pregnant lady whining ahead. I was already having a not-so-fit pregnancy, but this week I've been having increasing pain from activity. I'm pretty sure I have symphysis pubis dysfunction - even though I don't have any of the risk factors except previous pregnancies, I have all the symptoms. I started doing some cleaning yesterday and quickly wound up in such bad pain that I was pretty much incapacitated for the rest of the day. This sucks. I hate feeling useless, but keeping off my feet is the only way to keep the pain manageable. Thank goodness I work from home, at a computer, so this won't cause me to miss work.

I've researched some stretches and yoga for the condition, so as soon as this bad bout eases up, I'll be doing that.

Baby seems perfectly happy, at least.
  • RosieRaz
    Summer - That sounds awful! I'm sorry to hear about your pain.
    Sarieth - Congrats on your first visit. Tiredness is always an issue. But soon the libido will return. I know, I know sex during pregnancy is different, but hey you do what you gotta do! :)
  • summer8it
    Just took my measurements for week 20... if today's weigh-in is accurate, I gained 4lbs in one week! Eek. I'm hoping that is mostly just sodium bloat from the Chinese food I ate last night. I might do a mid-week weigh-in to see if my weight stays this high, but only after I finish the Chinese leftovers. :)

So far so good on the pelvic pain. I've been moving carefully so as not to aggravate it, and I haven't had anything else like Saturday's flare up.
  • Summer, that sounds awful! I hope the flare ups stay far, far away!
  • To the moms who have had multiple pregnancies... how long after finding out you were pregnant with your second or subsequent kids did you start to show? I'm estimating that I'm only 10 weeks along but I'm having a really difficult time keeping things hidden. I was hoping to wait until mothers day to spring the news on the family but I'm not sure I will make it that far....
  • summer8it
    Suzanne, how old is your first child? Subsequent pregnancies definitely "pop" faster. With this one, even though my last pregnancy was in 2002, I felt like I was expanding by the time I was 6 weeks along! I started taking waist measurements at 11 weeks, and I was up 4.5 inches around my navel at that point. But friends and acquaintances didn't really start to notice until I got to 18 weeks. I told a bunch of people at 14w, and they swore they couldn't tell a difference, and I was like, seriously? My waist has gone from under 24 inches to 30 inches, and you CAN'T TELL? Way to make all my previous hard work feel worthwhile....
  • RosieRaz
    I tend to show early. Probably started to show around 8 weeks. Now at 12, people are asking my co-workers. And that's with baggy clothing. Anything clingy and they would definitely know. Although...to be truly honest, I still looked prego from my first child 2 years ago. The baby bump never went away even though I'm 15lbs less than when I first got pregnant. I'm not talking abdomen pudge either. It's like a high legitimate perma-baby bump. Not really sure how/what to do to fix that.
  • My daughter is 10 months old, so yeah it hasn't been that long. I didn't show until around 15 weeks last time so showing around 8 or 9 surprised me even though I'm 15 lbs heavier than I was last time. My wardrobe is in need of some baggy clothes now; I was postponing buying new things when I was losing weight.

Even so, I'm a little scared to find out its twins or something. Lol (i mean, that'd be cool, but I really like my sleep too)

It's good to know that people probably won't notice... I know when friends have announced pregnancy they said they were showing and I hadn't noticed either so I guess it's not impossible.