Smart Phone Tracking Apps

Replies

• tweetsmom
    tweetsmom Posts: 31 Member
    I log my food using MFP and I use Glucose Buddy for tracking my BS. It's simple and easy to use. It allows me to enter at the time of testing or later. I have read that some apps do not allow you to enter previous numbers. You can e-mail a log to yourself or your doctor. My only complaint with this app is that it is not always easy to connect to the server to sync the numbers to my account. I sometimes have to try several times over a period of time to get them to sync. I just loaded mysugr to try out but there is very little you can do for free, so I will probably be deleting it!
  • Peloton73
    Peloton73 Posts: 148 Member
    I use Diabetes Connect which is cloud based. It primarily tracks your glucose but you can add in meals, weight, carb intake, etc. What I like is you can view your accumulated readings in graph, statistic layouts. It'll also give you your average glucose readings for 2, 4, 6 week increments as well as a projected A1c (not accurate but more a guide).
  • Alsvic
    Alsvic Posts: 93 Member
    I am looking for an all in one that I can use across all my devices I am going to try Health tracker for android. It looks like I can email graphs and results for BG, Blood pressure, and Weight loss all from the same app, to the doctors office. Does any one know of a better option.
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    I am fairly new to this (officially proclaimed T2D a month ago) and have only about 3 weeks worth of BG data recorded. I have been using MyFitnessPal to track food and exercise and software from Abbott Labs (maker of my BG meter) to track BG readings, a less than ideal solution. Today I have been reading about HealthVault from Microsoft. From what I read it should be able to import directly from MyFitnessPal and data from my BG meter through 3rd party software from Sinovo. It my also be able to accept test results directly from the lab. (I think that depends on the software the lab uses for reporting.) My question is: does anyone have any experience with Healthvault?
  • azsoccerpop
    azsoccerpop Posts: 5 Member
    I wish there was an app that could integrate the MFP data with BG data to give an overall. MFP is so good at tracking food and nutrients having that timestamped with the BG data would give me abd my Doctor a good view of how and what foods affect my BG and effectivness of treatments and management. I would pay for an MFP mobile app that would add BG entries as an option and timestamping to food and exercise entries.
  • stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    You can SORTA do this with MFP. At the same place you track your weight (My Home->Check-in) you can 'Track Additional Measurements'. The examples are for tracking size measurements like hips, arms, etc. But you can customize it and track any once-a-day numerical value. So I have created two for me, BGL-Fasting, and BGL-Post Meal.

Nothing that says you couldnt have BGL-PreBreakfast, BGL-PostBreakfast, BGL-PreLunch, BGL-PostLunch, etc. Or Even BGL-Lunch+1hr, BGL-Lunch+2hr

It doesn't quite give you a timestamp ...but putting the data together with meal data might give you what you want.

OR there is an open text field for 'food notes' each day. If you wanted to manually record the info with a timestamp in there it might help. That wouldn't give you a graph, but it would print out on the same page as your food diary info.

Also I know there are some 3rd party tools that can be used for exporting data from MFP into a spreadsheet.
  • rbakedq
    rbakedq Posts: 141 Member
    This is what I do, not ideal, but I created a meal, to keep track of my Time, BS, insulin, called BASE Info....
    -- Time, 0 Hundred Hours
    -- Blood Sugar, 0 mg/dl
    -- Humalog, 0 Units
    -- Blood Sugar 3 hours after meal, 0 mg/dl
    I just add to the end of my meal and adjust accordingly.
  • Keeleelee55
    Keeleelee55 Posts: 45 Member
    I have tried a few and none meet my needs so I just use MFP. I just record all my BG in the notes section of the food diary and they will print out on the reports.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I am rather fond of
    http://www.bantapp.com/
    Bant after banting; get it? I like that I can record my BG readings with a swipe. The reports are pretty readable too.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited December 2015
    I Love mysugr! It has excellent reporting and makes it a bit of a game. Also has a nice educational bent. You can also use it online via your desktop. https://mysugr.com/
  • titinil
    titinil Posts: 142 Member
    I want to second the recommendation of MySugr. I've been using it for two months now and love it too. I like that I can log my blood pressure on it also.
  • AMRROL
    AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
    I have been using Blood Glucose Tracker 5,512 by Little Bytes Software. android. I really like this app and it is the most highly rated in the google playstore. Almost a 5 start rating.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    AMRROL wrote: »
    I have been using Blood Glucose Tracker 5,512 by Little Bytes Software. android. I really like this app and it is the most highly rated in the google playstore. Almost a 5 start rating.

Anything in particular you like about it?
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    I use Diabetic Connect. Thoughts?
  • RalfLott
    ConleighS wrote: »

Run away! Lots of suspect info there. (Pharmaceutical company revenue and drug ads probably just a coincidence...... ;))
  • ConleighS
    RalfLott wrote: »
    ConleighS wrote: »

Run away! Lots of suspect info there. (Pharmaceutical company revenue and drug ads probably just a coincidence...... ;))

I use the free version. Which do you use?
  • RalfLott
    I enter my BG on an excel spreadsheet that will also attempts to estimate your HbA1c. I downloaded it from.....uh....mmm... Well, if you're interested, I'm sure I can find it again pretty quickly. ??

Otherwise, if you use a smart phone, there are some good apps - for Android, mySugr (by mySugr) has a lot of features and Blood Glucose Tracker (by Little Bytes) is simple and easy to use.

(I wouldn't do anything to give Diabetes Connect a nickel - as far as I can tell, it's there to make money off our condition and is not particularly devoted to what's best for us....)
  • ConleighS
    Thanks Ralf
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I use Glucose Wiz on my iPad. When I showed my charts and reports to my doctor he was very impressed and said he wished all his patients would use it.

The only downside is that it doesn't have a way to easily record what food you ate before a reading - my perfect app would link to MFP, and automatically link meals to readings! Using Glucose wiz I add a note under each reading saying how long it's been since eating and what the net carbs were. I use a separate time tracking program to mark when I begin eating.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    I use "Sugar Sense" I like it and it estimates my A1c