Tips on loosing belly fat

Ritzz19
Ritzz19 Posts: 3
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello i'm Rita,
Well summer is approaching very soon and I want to loose some belly fat so that high waisted jeans and crop tops can look good on me. Not only that, I just want the belly fat to be very minimal in general
So any tips and advice will be appreciated :)

Replies

• duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Eat at a calorie deficit. You cannot lose fat in a specific area.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    duddysdad wrote: »

^That + You knew summer was coming, if you wanted to lose weight specifically for summer why did you not start earlier?
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Sorry honey but you can't spot lose fat. You have to eat at a calorie deficit as suggested above and exercise.

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    As duddysdad said, you can't target it, you just have to hope that you lose fat from that area first. You might want to read through this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

If you want to look good for the summer (and aren't incredibly lucky with where you fat disappears from) the best thing to do is focus on other temporary things, like good-fitting, flattering clothes, good posture, that sort of thing. Some people find that carbs make them bloat, you could do some experimenting with that and see if you find you bloat less when you eat less carbs, and maybe cut them out a bit before a certain even that you want to look good for. If you're happy to spend the money you could try body wraps if you really want, some people say they work for them. I've never tried them myself. But just as the other things I've mentioned are temporary, so is this.
  • Ritzz19
    JenniDaisy wrote: »
    duddysdad wrote: »

^That + You knew summer was coming, if you wanted to lose weight specifically for summer why did you not start earlier?

I'm not doing it only for summer as I stated and I've started but wanted to see if I can get any more tips to add to what I'm already doing. Saying quickly I know is quite unrealistic but things happen.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    There are no other tips or shortcuts. Eat at a calorie deficit.
  • Ritzz19
    edited April 2015
    Note taken about Eating at a calorie deficit