Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's 5000 calorie a day diet

Replies

• Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    dieselbyte wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You do know he's also on PED's? Gear makes a big difference for someone if they are also in great shape. He's also big a hell. 6'4 and 260lbs. The standard BMR for maintenance for someone of that stature is about 2400 calories. So betting his TDEE is around 4200.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

And you know this how? How do you know that he is on PED?

You're joking, right? Look at pictures when he wrestled and now. No one is saying he doesn't work hard.. he busts his *kitten*. But 6'4, 260, all muscle... come on now.

Lets compare from when was on the road all the time vs now.
    Now he has the time to eat right, and to work out more than 4 hours a day? compared to when he was always traveling. He dosn't have an 8- 5 type of job. He always has 6 months off.
    I think he has more time to work out.
    Are you also suggesting that Hugh Jackman also take PED for the Xmen films. Compare Xmen or Xmen orgins vs The Wolverine
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited April 2015
    You do know he's also on PED's? Gear makes a big difference for someone if they are also in great shape. He's also big a hell. 6'4 and 260lbs. The standard BMR for maintenance for someone of that stature is about 2400 calories. So betting his TDEE is around 4200.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

You're joking, right? Look at pictures when he wrestled and now. No one is saying he doesn't work hard.. he busts his *kitten*. But 6'4, 260, all muscle... come on now.

I'd say it's a damn good possibility he is. He's cool and all, he works hard, but it is a possibility.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    With all that cod, it would be impossible to NOT smell what The Rock is cookin'.

the-rock-eyebrow-o.gif

post-23187-Dwayne-The-Rock-Johnson-Clappi-UqCk.gif
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    geotrice wrote: »
    Just read that Johnson eats 5000 calories a day and it seems he only does cardio for an hour and weights for 90 minutes.
    http://news.yahoo.com/dwayne-rock-johnsons-5000-calorie-185100320.html
    How the frick is he not a blob? I mean I expected that he'd being eating more calories than normal but 5000? During a bulking cycle but still wow. Crazy. This article must be inaccurate or not decribe the full picture.

Thoughts? How does one get even close to that? His grocery bill must be huge!

He's 6.5" and like 240lbs of muscle, requires more fuel to move a truck then it does to move a Civic. Also with his "supplementation" your body plows through fuel.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Now he has the time to eat right, and to work out more than 4 hours a day? compared to when he was always traveling. He dosn't have an 8- 5 type of job. He always has 6 months off.
    Are you also suggesting that Hugh Jackman also take PED for the Xmen films. Compare Xmen or Xmen orgins vs The Wolverine

YES! I'm not judging him, though I still think the Rock and Jackman are awesome. But do you honestly believe they aren't taking exongenous drugs??? 6'4, 260lbs of muscle is WELL beyond the established limits of a natural. If you really think just eating right and working out more is what it takes, then I have a unicorn to sell you...
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    That dude burns a lot of calories sexin all his groupies, he doesn't count that as exercise.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    I would venture to guess that most ripped actors, elite athletes in damn near all sports are on PEDs. They are becoming readily available, most people know they aren't dangerous if done right, and are even being sold as "age reversal" type medical treatments.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited April 2015

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Honestly... so many unawares here... lol.

EDIT - I also love The Rock.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    My husband who's only 5'9" 170 lbs has to eat 4000+ calories per day in order to gain 1/2 - 1 lb per week. The Rock surely would have to eat more than that to gain so, yeah, that's not too surprising. Must be nice.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Love this guy - the things he does for his fans and children are amazing. Plus he shows what YEARS of work will get you.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

YES! I'm not judging him, though I still think the Rock and Jackman are awesome. But do you honestly believe they aren't taking exongenous drugs??? 6'4, 260lbs of muscle is WELL beyond the established limits of a natural. If you really think just eating right and working out more is what it takes, then I have a unicorn to sell you...

Funny how people don't realize the widespread use of PED.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    He is the people's champ! <3
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Who cares if he's on PED's what the big deal? Its his body and he's not breaking any records to hurt other peoples accomplishments I say live your life and do your best and he clearly is doing just that!! Even on PED's you have to work out extremely hard and eat a ton of food. I once heard a baseball player say even on steroids you still have to hit a ball moving at 100+ mph.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Who cares if he's on PED's what the big deal? Its his body and he's not breaking any records to hurt other peoples accomplishments I say live your life and do your best and he clearly is doing just that!! Even on PED's you have to work out extremely hard and eat a ton of food. I once heard a baseball player say even on steroids you still have to hit a ball moving at 100+ mph.

Who said anyone cared? It's just a discussion.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member

Nobody cares if he's on them, but it would increase his metabolism and require he eat significantly more than others with similar stats.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Cod dammit.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    geotrice wrote: »
    Oh yeah, no. He's a very tall muscular guy. I mean all the props in the world to him. It's just a bit shocking.

why? I was gaining only a half pound at 3150 a day ...and I am 5-10 and was 176 at the time ...

not hard to believe that a 6-5 active guy at 260 would need 4K a day to maintain on ...
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    PED discussion aside, 5,000 a day sounds about right with his specs.

Oh and just because...

1397781765763.jpg

If the OP is freaked out about 5,000 calories...then what Shaq must eat really bake his noodles.
  • geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    PED discussion aside, 5,000 a day sounds about right with his specs.

Oh and just because...

1397781765763.jpg

If the OP is freaked out about 5,000 calories...then what Shaq must eat really bake his noodles.

Haha.. You're probably right. Let me lie down for a minute before you tell me Shaq's diet.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member

Reading comprehension? Did anyone pass judgement or say he doesn't work hard?