Should Guys Wear Tank Tops?

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Only if you beat your wife.

Are they still called that, or are you showing your age?
    In the early and mid 90s I used to workout in wife beaters working the biceps on the flat bench. Power racks were not yet that popular.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2015
    On the beach, sure. To the pool, okay. Doing yard work, or hanging around at home, that's fine, maybe even sexy. Wal-mart, maybe. Anywhere else, probably not.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Tank top crew checking in.

Youth-Of-Today-Cant-Close-My-Eye-590335.jpg
  • dillon_88
    dillon_88 Posts: 343 Member
    If you're built like a tank, don't wear the top.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    ^^^There ya go!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    baymax5 wrote: »
    If you're not built like a tank, don't wear the top.

FIFY
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Don't give a chit what anyone thinks. I wear tank tops in any setting I deem appropriate.
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    I think the tanks are alright but I prefer a nice tightly fitted Tee where the arms are bulging out of the sleeves and you can see the definition in the shoulders through it <3
  • nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    edited April 2015

Oh my! My eyes can never unsee that!
    Tank tops are fine............no spaghetti strap ones though :wink:

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1772722399_1/Mens-Sexy-See-Through-Mesh-Transparent-T-Shirts-A-shirt-Undershirt-Spaghetti-Strap-Tank-Tops-Slim.jpg

this is a no too! if someone can put the actual pic from that up I would be grateful. Not always great with the computer here haha

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Yea, I don't consider "wife beaters" as the tank tops I am talking about. That's underwear.
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    /\/\ I love a fitted t on guys just like that too. ;) If you have the body for them and this goes for women too...if there's a jiggle in the upper arms...nope not yet wearing a tank is like a badge of honor you worked for those guns now you get to show them off... whoo wooo! ;)
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Sleeveless Tshirts are ok, Tank Tops should require you leave your man card at the door before walking out of the house.

^Hm...man card seems pretty intact to me.

Nope not even he can make me like tank tops. Still voting for fitted t's

Agreed! And never been a big fan of Brad!
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Wear what you want, when you want, how you want.

If you look like Zac Efron, Brad Pitt, Channing Tatum in a tank, expect me to stare and look goofy.
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    I do have to say as much as I like the whole fitted T's a nice tank that isn't hanging off your body with very minimal material can look very good.. Perfect example can be found on musclegood_fatbad now that's sexy!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    I wear whatever the hell I want. If you like it, great. If you don't, feel free to roll your eyes and judge me. :smile:

OP, if you wanna wear a tank, go for it. If people don't like it, they can take a hike.

My favorite wardrobe consists of a tank and jeans. It is what it is.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    I wear whatever the hell I want. If you like it, great. If you don't, feel free to roll your eyes and judge me. :smile:

OP, if you wanna wear a tank, go for it. If people don't like it, they can take a hike.

My favorite wardrobe consists of a tank and jeans. It is what it is.

I know and I do wear what I want. It was just for more of a fun discussion. And FYI, you my dear, can wear whatever you want whenever you want and you won't get any complaints from this guy ;)

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    ONLY if he's muscular, and well, hot.
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    What she ^^^ said
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    tumblr_mqxezgagYK1s4r6kdo1_500.gif

giphy.gif