Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    I'm in!

Just for today I will:

Drink a few glasses of water
    Go for a walk
    Try to rein in the mindless eating.

Item 1-- Check! I've had 40 oz already. That's huge for me. Water is something I constantly forget about.
    Item 2-- Check!
    item 3-- So far so good! I planned out what I was going to eat today and have stuck to it so far!

• feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Have not had the best 2 weeks, and my weight shows it. Its like I am starting all over again, and feel so down on myself. Why can't I learn that eating sugary things will not help my daughter, will not help me with the stress that goes along with her illness, something I am unable to control.
    So again, I am keeping it simple. I am so sorry for not being a better friend to you guys, and not being here more. Its one day at a time. My weight is reset, and today is a new day.
    just for today
    1. log every thing I eat
    2. Mediate for 10 minutes about what is good in my life. Relax, sit out on our patio and enjoy nature.
    3. walk

Joan you are an amazing and friend and support to all of us on here, not least because of your honesty and the fact that you ALWAYS come back and keep going no matter how bad it gets. And that's what it takes to succeed.
    Thank you for that.
    And.... as a certain song goes.... it's a new day, it's a new dawn.... ☺
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,629 Member
    Just for today, 4/11
    1-I'll be less judgemental of myself
    2-Be more supportive of myself

Joan, Don't be so hard on yourself, honey! We're ALL glad to see your back! Sugar and stress gets a lot of us, :'(:'(:'( . Your right TAKE ONE day at a time!

These last couple of weeks has been tremendously hard for me to keep track of calories! Yes, late night eating has not helped, :'(:'( Hubby has decided to get a part time job so my schedule has been crazy, ugh!!!! Yesterday, we went to the Tulip Festival, gorgeous tulips! I'm loving
    the wonderful nature Washington State has to offer!

Just for today,
    1. No eating after 7
    2. Water, water, water
    3. Log everything I eat!
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Well Friday was way over calorie goal due to wine consumption and crisps with the bbq. And I chose to indulge. Back to it tomorrow. ...

Saturday's goals
    - do the 5 mile group walk whether I feel like it or not ☺
    - lower than net calorie target ☺
    - tune into stomach min 5 times during day
  • feistyjojo
    So today was a good day.. All goals achieved.

Sunday's goal:
    - hit net calorie target

That's it.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    JFT, 4/9, I will

1) Eat my dinner before I go to an evening activity instead of at 9PM
    2) Floss and brush my teeth two times
    3) Practice 1 open posture pose for 2 minutes

Did 1, didn't do 2, did 3

JFT 4/11

Still have a few hours left
    1) will not munch through the evening
    2) will video one exercise routine
    3) floss and brush before bed
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »
    1. log every thing I eat
    2. Mediate for 10 minutes about what is good in my life. Relax, sit out on our patio and enjoy nature.
    3. walk

These are excellent goals!
  • losingrae

It's awesome that he joined you when he realized he couldn't convince you to stay with him. :) I ended up going on my own last night. I don't blame my wife for not wanting to go...she works 60+ hours most weeks and we get up at 5:30am to walk the dogs before work, so by the time the 7:00pm Crossfit class rolls around, its about the last thing she wants to do.

I agree! She shouldn't have to go with you, but good for you for going on your own! I kind of need him there because I'm starting weights, and I need a spotter :smirk:
  • losingrae
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 4/10
    1. fight the grumpiness; do not turn to food for comfort :) wOOT!!
    2. log everything :)

That's all I have for today. #1 is going to be enough of a challenge :(

Very late check in for me today. Have been running around all day, but still not 10K steps. GRRRR. I'm pretty excited that I have had two bouts of grumpiness in the past month or so and have been able to avoid turning to food for comfort. That is such a huge challenge.

Just for Today 4/11
    1. log everything
    2. get more steps in 15k to 17K; even if that means going to the gym and using the treadmill

Welcome Back Joan...you can do this! And you NEVER owe us any apologies. You started this thing, that was such a great help! If you can't make it in to check in, that's okay, we'll miss you, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member

Just for today ( Saturday April 11)
    1. Fast til blood work is done. :smile:
    2. Spend time with hubby and be very careful when we finally get breakfast cause he will eat like a horse! :smiley: husband- tied on the feedback and ate two full breakfasts at IHOP He has weighed 190 lbs since he was 20! Me- garden omlette, no cheese, fruit :smiley:
    3. Walk around lake 3 times? I don't know if I can actually do this, I am going to try! :smile: Did a different trail but walked even farther
    4. Stick to 1200 calories :smile:
    5. CALL THAT FRIEND grrrrr....

Just for today ( Sunday April 12)
    1. Walk 1 hour
    2. 1200 calories
    3. Call Mary!!!!!

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    JFT 4/11
    Still have a few hours left
    1) will not munch through the evening
    2) will video one exercise routine
    3) floss and brush before bed

#1 - not so good, #2 - nope, #3 - flossed

JFT 4/12
    1) Floss & brush morning and night
    2) video exercise routine
    3) Not eat after dinner

• April 12th - Good morning, everyone !!!

Just for today, I will;
    1. Drink more water.
    2. Jump on my yard work.
    3. Enjoy a bonfire this evening.
    4. Meditate outdoors.
  • Bailey_432
    Bailey_432 Posts: 55 Member
    April 12th - Just for today:

Enjoy my birthday and all it's foody goodness!! Just don't go completely overboard :blush:
  • amyoliverhoyles
    amyoliverhoyles Posts: 208 Member
    Just for Today

1. I will eat within my calories
    2. Do some yard work
    3. go for a bike ride with kids
    4. meal plan for week
  • Just for today I will

1.Log what I eat
    2.Drink 72 Oz of water
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Just for today I will:
    1. Log what I eat.
    2. Drink more water
    3. make good choices when I go out to a restaurant with my girlfriends tonite.
    4. nothing to eat or drink after that dinner!

Two days in a row of eating lots of calories, way overboard, exactly what I did not want to happen for the weekend. I will try and not make this 3-days in a row.
  • Bailey_432 wrote: »
    April 12th - Just for today:

Enjoy my birthday and all it's foody goodness!! Just don't go completely overboard :blush:

Happy Birthday !! Enjoy your special day !!
  • losingrae
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 4/11
    1. log everything :neutral: I thought I logged everything but I never added my almonds.
    2. get more steps in 15k to 17K; even if that means going to the gym and using the treadmill :( nope. It was a total LAZY day for me...two in a row! Gotta get back to it today.

@Bailey_432 - Happy Birthday. Enjoy your day! That is a great plan to enjoy but not overindulge.

Last weekend I was amazingly productive. This weekend, I have been a sloth. Gotta try to change that. We had some crazy weather yesterday though...pouring rain, drops as big as balls, hail...fun stuff. Today should be beautiful.

Just for Today 4/12
    1. log
    2. do not let the "weekend attitude" take over
    3. weed and plant
    4. take the 2-wheeled toy out
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

Saturday:
    1. 12,000 steps :( not quite
    2. weight workout :)
    3. 10 fruits and veggies :smiley:

Sunday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. swim
    3. 10 fruits + veggies
  • LJFJ
    LJFJ Posts: 73 Member
    Hi! I ran into this thread and liked the idea of it, so here I am. I'm three-days old and already having a lot of trouble. I've lost 7 pounds of water weight so far, but I know it's just water weight, so the rest of the road is going to be tough. I have another 25 pounds to go, and I've only once made it to my goal (about 20 years ago). I don't know if I'm doing MFP correctly, but it could be because I don't have the right foods in my freezer and pantry yet. As I run out, I'll replace the items with better choices.

So, here's my "Just for today" list:
    1. I will do better at planning my meals so I'm not so hungry. All I think about is food!
    2. Make sure I do all of my PT and OT exercises, at least once.
    3. Finish cleaning the apartment, which I started yesterday. Laundry has been waiting, too.
    4. Reward myself with a long, hot shower and fresh sheets.

If I get those things done, I'll be doing great, especially since it's already 1:00 p.m. and haven't done a thing yet. :s

Linda