My story of sweet revenge (pics)

Replies

• spunkypug100
    spunkypug100 Posts: 20 Member
    This is amazing, thank you for sharing!
  • ddconney7
    ddconney7 Posts: 18 Member
    Great motivation. Thank you for sharing.
  • tigertodd493
    tigertodd493 Posts: 7 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I lied, my story really isn't about revenge. But, it started out that way.

In 2010 my life hit a very low point. I weighed 217 pounds and my husband wanted a divorce. The entire four year marriage had been rough, so divorce was a bit of a relief. The downside of that was having to move across the country and back into my parent's house with two children under the age of two. Being unemployed, a disabled vet, a newly single mom and being fat sucked.

I decided to get revenge on my ex by losing weight and looking super hot. I failed.

It wasn't until I just got tired of being fat that I started making the changes that made a difference. Eating well, working out and learning to just love myself. It was no longer about revenge, it was about taking care of me.

Tomorrow marks a significant point in my life. It marks three years of being single and my first bodybuilding competition. In total I've lost 70 pounds. As a single parent with a full time job and my own little house to take care of I have found a way to get a degree and get in shape all at the same time. I have tons of legitimate excuses to why I can't or don't have the time to eat right and workout. If you want it bad enough you WILL find a way!

tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o2_400.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o3_500.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o1_400.jpg

**ETA: Workouts, I just lift heavy and do little cardio. Eating is TDEE-20% and IIFYM (with macros set correctly for my goals).

Update as of October 2014- Since my original story I have competed in two bodybuilding competitions, placing second and first respectively, as well as two powerlifting competitions, one of which set a world record for deadlift for my weight class. I continue to workout and balance the fun things in life with maintaining fat loss.

*For those of you who have been asking, I wrote a guide on how I lost the weight. You can find it here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

• relaxed91859
    relaxed91859 Posts: 24 Member
    Great job I hope to be able to take off just 25 to 30 bls. Just started 4/3/15. keep up the good work you are an inspiration.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Awesomeness!!! You girl are my hero
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Absolutely inspiring!
  • Sgtcupcake35
    Sgtcupcake35 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2015
    Very cool! You look AWESOME! I'm looking into counting my macros myself, but I find it super confusing. I actually had my Resting Metabolic rate tested and mine is lower (about 200-300 calories) lower than the averages given, Thus it makes me confused about where my macros should be.
  • *kitten* yeah. Way to go. Keep on keepin on

• shinkle1197
    shinkle1197 Posts: 1 Member
    This is very inspiring for me, just getting started! Thank you for sharing! You look awesome:)
  • armanka3
    armanka3 Posts: 7 Member
    You just gave me hope! Way to go!!
  • BatgirlLifts
    BatgirlLifts Posts: 12 Member
    Go girl! Fantastic loss and physique.
  • lydiayoung90281
    lydiayoung90281 Posts: 20 Member
    Amazing
  • imdanshort
    imdanshort Posts: 58 Member
    Nice sleeve!
  • Hedgiemum
    Hedgiemum Posts: 38 Member
    Well done you for turning your life around. Very inspiring and you look fabulous :) Thank you for sharing.
  • petraburn
    petraburn Posts: 5 Member
    If thats you then how come the tattoos on the left dont match the right?:/ but othetiwse great story and be proud of yourself!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    petraburn wrote: »
    If thats you then how come the tattoos on the left dont match the right?:/ but othetiwse great story and be proud of yourself!

@petraburn One was taken straight on and one was taken in a mirror. I also had more added to the one on my arm. Check out the tattoo on my leg when I was fat and sitting on the sidewalk versus the tattoo on my leg when I was thin and wearing a black dress.
  • petraburn
    petraburn Posts: 5 Member
    Ah yeah can see it now :D well I am trying to find the will power youve had to loose weight but its kind of hard if you dont actuarly SEE a difference:(
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    petraburn wrote: »
    Ah yeah can see it now :D well I am trying to find the will power youve had to loose weight but its kind of hard if you dont actuarly SEE a difference:(

Take pictures and stick with it. It took me 3 years to lose the weight because I lost slowly and struggled with eating. It took me a long time to learn to up my calories and find an activity I enjoy, instead of starving myself and doing what I thought I had to do to lose weight.
  • mdeleeann
    mdeleeann Posts: 25 Member
    Fantastic work!!
  • pattywedge
    pattywedge Posts: 39 Member
    You look Amazing and are Truly an Inspiration!!! Thank you for sharing your story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!