carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    April 11

Me: 3* LNS: 8

The tide has shifted in my favour!
  • selrold
    selrold Posts: 15 Member
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    Another Month -- Another Challenge!!!

"Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
    Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
    LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
    Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
    if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome!
    I'm happy this challenge is here. I'm visiting my kids and came prepared with my food to stay on track. The binging started. I am nursing bronchial problems so got up not feeling great. I put TV on and viola. It started. I'm afraid to step on the scale. I will take this challenge and be accountable for my actions.
    DPU!

Don't pick up! And pray!
  • LionPrincess
    LionPrincess Posts: 13 Member
    Me:1
    LNS: 0

Yay! :)
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    I often have trouble sleeping at night -- I get restless, toss and turn in bed then "think" if I have "something" it will assuage my hunger and I can get to sleep. It started out innocently enough with a large celery stalk with some cream cheese then went quickly downhill from there. I promised myself that even if I binge eat, I will always record faithfully what I consume. So here's what I ended up eating before I put on the brakes.

I felt possessed by something larger than myself and now I feel ashamed of what I just did. Any one of these items is usually enough to satisfy my cravings but I just could not stop tonight.

Any suggestions on stopping this cycle once it starts?

Jeff :'(

Hi Jeff,
    Fitness is so much a mind game. It sounds like your binging is emotional eating and not just hunger. You need to find a better release of the emotions and stop giving yourself permission to do this. Only you can decide.
    Perhaps a workout in the evening. I have been occupying my nights with projects in my garage and basement. They divert my attention and give a good workout at the same time. Build or organize something, use your tools, go for a hike, shoot a basketball.
  • judithgreene2014
    judithgreene2014 Posts: 124 Member
    Hey Jeff, to add on to the pearls of wisdom given, my suggestion would be to not have that much temptation on hand in the house to eat! That is one of the things that helps me
  • time4kim2014
    time4kim2014 Posts: 85 Member
    Hi Jeff, can you try something else to try to help you get to sleep? It sounds like you were doing well until you went to bed. Maybe some relaxation music or look into breathing exercises? I count myself to sleep...breath in while I count to three and exhale while counting to three. Focusing on this makes me fall asleep so quickly as my mind likes to rave with many thoughts!!! I'm not into meditation so this is my own made up nighttime meditation!

I was ten minutes over my cutoff time tonight and woke up from a nap after a crazy day and got possessed by the peanut butter...should have woken up earlier, lol or I suppose I should just have someone hide the peanut butter!

Me: 4
    LNS: 1*
  • cinner274
    cinner274 Posts: 16 Member
    I forgot 2 record this yesterday so...
    April 11
    Me: 4* LNS: 0
    April 12
    Me: 5* LNS: 0!!!

So proud of myself! It is sooooo hard some nights tho!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,779 Member
    edited April 2015
    April 10:
    Me: 2*
    LNS 0

Last night was the first night in about a week I DIDN'T snack after 7, :)
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,258 Member
    April 12
    Me: 4
    LNS:0*
    so proud that I did this on a weekend because usually I snack endlessly while watching tv!
  • mrJRamos2015
    mrJRamos2015 Posts: 73 Member
    April 12:
    ME: 3*
    LNS: 1

Thanks for the words of wisdom from all of you. It's true that I have emotional issues around eating so I do need another outlet to channel all that energy. I put on some soft classical music to fall asleep by but last night I went crazy hungry for anything and everything. The only thing that could have made it worse is not measuring everything. When I measure and log it in, it's a reminder to stop the bingeing and I have to make a conscious decision to continue eating. Last night I just would not stop until I realized that I had almost eaten more calories in snacks than the rest of my meals combined. I do need to get rid of the temptations in my household but my partner likes to snack so these things are always around; sometimes I can resist and other times, not so well. Unfortunately, he doesn't eat all that well and exercises minimally due to health issues. I am making our dinners a little more healthy so that's a start and I've stopped having ice cream every night.

I'm determined to meet this challenge for the remainder of the month.

Thanks again for all the support!

Peace,

Jeff :)
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    April 12
    Me: 4* LNS: 8
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    April 12
    Me: 8*
    LNS: 4
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Been a very busy few days for me. I almost forgot to log in one day but made it. You don't know how wonderful it makes me feel to have this board this active as it is. It is very encouraging!!!

April 12

Me -- 12
    LNS -- 0

Days LNS-free -- 35
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    April 12

Me: 12
    LNS: 0
  • foomsy
    foomsy Posts: 222 Member
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    For those that visit that are unsure, if you just found this thread, please join anytime - the more the better!

Thanks for that.
    Will start today then :)
  • queenofknots
    queenofknots Posts: 95 Member
    Me: 9
    LNS: 3*
  • judithgreene2014
    judithgreene2014 Posts: 124 Member
    April 13
    Me 7*
    LNS 1
    Rock on !
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    April 12
    Me: 11*

Sorry for the late update, I got in late. :)
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    April 12:
    ME: 3*

Thanks for the words of wisdom from all of you. It's true that I have emotional issues around eating so I do need another outlet to channel all that energy. I put on some soft classical music to fall asleep by but last night I went crazy hungry for anything and everything. The only thing that could have made it worse is not measuring everything. When I measure and log it in, it's a reminder to stop the bingeing and I have to make a conscious decision to continue eating. Last night I just would not stop until I realized that I had almost eaten more calories in snacks than the rest of my meals combined. I do need to get rid of the temptations in my household but my partner likes to snack so these things are always around; sometimes I can resist and other times, not so well. Unfortunately, he doesn't eat all that well and exercises minimally due to health issues. I am making our dinners a little more healthy so that's a start and I've stopped having ice cream every night.

I'm determined to meet this challenge for the remainder of the month.

Thanks again for all the support!

Peace,

Jeff :)

Hi Jeff, I agree it can be tough when the junk food is in the house. The temptation is greater when my wife bakes sweets for some function. Just know that one night, however indulgent, doesn't define your journey.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    We had company Fri night and were out Sat night so...LNS won those nights, but I won last night.
    Me: 5
    LNS: 7

Jeff, I was sorry to hear about your night of binging. I know the feeling and, if I knew how to stop it, I would use that advice. The only thing I can say is that it is behind you and don't beat yourself up. Today and every day is a new day and a new chance to make better choices.
    Focus on going forward with a positive attitude. We are here with you.
    Zaza