FINALLY DONE

2»

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Congradulations

My hubby and I graduated with our BS's at the same time, after working and going to school full time. I was pretty excited to graduate Cum Laude. Then last year my DH got his Masters. That was ten times worse than when we were both in school. He was teaching full time (advanced math) and was in a program to get his Masters in 3 years. the program was set up for teachers and they did on line classes during the school year and then had to live at college for 4 weeks in the summer. We hardly got to see him. But through the program the entire thing was paid for, pulse room and board while he lived there (three hours from us) and $1000 a week stipen while he lived there. I'm glad that he did it, but it was so hard on our kids, we spend a lot of family time together, and they missed him so much.

Last year they had him go down to the college and help teach of a couple of weeks. Now all the Profs down there are trying to talk him in to his Doctorates. I don't know if our marriage could handle that.:huh:

Wow, that does sound like an intense program! It's great that it was paid for. I am planning on getting my Doctrate and I know it's going to be really difficult. But I am looking forward to being a graduate assistant and no longer having to do something I totally hate to make some money. You can make a lot more money with a PhD but that's definitely a very personal choice and it's not right for a lot of people because they need to have lives and take care of their families! I am okay with being a hermit though, so a PhD is okay with me. :laugh:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member

Wow, that does sound like an intense program! It's great that it was paid for. I am planning on getting my Doctrate and I know it's going to be really difficult. But I am looking forward to being a graduate assistant and no longer having to do something I totally hate to make some money. You can make a lot more money with a PhD but that's definitely a very personal choice and it's not right for a lot of people because they need to have lives and take care of their families! I am okay with being a hermit though, so a PhD is okay with me. :laugh:

It wouldn't be so bad, but we live 3 hours from the college and he would have to be away from us so much. I really don't want to move the kids again. Especially to a big city. I kind of like the country life.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member

It wouldn't be so bad, but we live 3 hours from the college and he would have to be away from us so much. I really don't want to move the kids again. Especially to a big city. I kind of like the country life.
    :sad: yea that would be tough Anna:huh: :noway: on ALL of you!!:ohwell:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    sad: yea that would be tough Anna:huh: :noway: on ALL of you!!:ohwell:

Tell me about it. It's basically like being a single mom. Which with three kids involved in everything is very tough. If he does ever go back, it will have to be after we sell our house and have some debt paid off so I can stay home with the kids again.
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    that a girl, songbyrd! but i gotta say, i'm not surprised:noway: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member

I feel the same way. I don't like traffic or crowded areas or vying for a parking spot or feeling like a sardine just trying to walk through a grocery store aisle! I like small towns and I love the countryside, it's so pretty. My stepmom had to take care of my little brother a lot more when my dad was in the semester still, and that looked difficult with just one kid!
This discussion has been closed.