Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Amazing thread :D I'd always been worried that everyone else was normal

I have asparagas for breakfast, to flush out any pesky water weight :)

One of my favourite breakfasts is asparagus and poached egg on a wholemeal muffin spread with light laughing cow cheese.

I love asparagus but have never ate it for breakfast....may I ask you both how you would cook that as a breakfast food??
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    Amazing thread :D I'd always been worried that everyone else was normal

I have asparagas for breakfast, to flush out any pesky water weight :)

One of my favourite breakfasts is asparagus and poached egg on a wholemeal muffin spread with light laughing cow cheese.

I love asparagus but have never ate it for breakfast....may I ask you both how you would cook that as a breakfast food??

I pop it in the water that I'm poaching my egg in. It just blanches it enough to be cooked, but it still keeps its crunch.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    @therenjen YES! Settlers is so much fun - I love a good board game. Any Killer Bunnies fans out there? That's been my favorite for years.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    I ate a big chocolate bar, a mini pie, and a hamburger (well, cheeseburger, but i didn't log that) today. probably within my calories, since that's really all i had, but it didn't feel as good to "indulge" as i expected it would
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member

One of my favourite breakfasts is asparagus and poached egg on a wholemeal muffin spread with light laughing cow cheese. [/quote]

This sounds awesome! I will try it in the morning. Thanks-Laura

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    I love this thread, too. I'm a country fan. Actually, there is very little music I can't enjoy.

I also love asparagus. I was super p!ssed when Sam's was sold out right before Easter. I'm going to try it for breakfast tomorrow, too!
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    I went to the gym today. I'm not a member. I didn't join. I just looked around.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    I love this thread, too. I'm a country fan. Actually, there is very little music I can't enjoy.

All of this.
    I also love asparagus.

This too. I'm glad it's the hot new breakfast food. It's one of my rotating omelet ingredients.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I don't know how many of us in this thread are country western fans (guessing not many) but this thread reminds me of Toby Keith's I Love This Bar. (I am not secret agent orange or I would post a link) we have everything in here from students to teachers to stay at home mom or dads to ph.d's to professionals (not sure about the hookers but I am guessing not) and we are all here to share a common goal of getting fit and feeling like we belong. And no one cares about each other's issues we are just here to share. So in the words of Toby Keith I Love This Thread.

Toby Keith- I Love This Bar

I <3 Toby Keith
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    This is me. I like good music, no matter the genre. What I'm listening to is often determined by my mood.
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    & I eat popcorn with chopsticks :) lasts longer, much longer

I may have to try this. Purely because it just sounds fun.

I am somewhat disappointed because I was eating fairly decent today (at least compared to my last couple weeks) and made a meal for dinner that I thought would be right around my maintenance calories, but it put me about 400 cals over. I was up all night puking my guts out though, so maybe it will cancel out.

On a side note, I quite possibly discovered the most disgusting combination of foods to vomit there is.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I ate a big chocolate bar

Confession: Sometimes when I'm in a hurry (like I am now), and want to quickly check something online (such as the news, or as was the case just moments ago, to take a quick peek at this thread), I sometimes engage in a kind of 'race reading' that can end up being somewhat 'snapshot'-like (if that makes any sense), and I can initially misread something (though quickly see 'the error of my ways', and subsequently see/understand what was *actually* in a given word's place, etc.), and... well... when I 'snapshot race read' the words "I ate a big chocolate bar", I initially misread it as "I ate a big chocolate jar" -- which resulted in an immediate internal response of, "what?!", followed by my thinking (after an apparent subconsciously-actioned attempt to 'make sense of such'), "that sounds cool... was it an Easter candy 'container' of some sort?... I want one!" -- to then just as quickly realizing that the word was *bar* (and summarily feeling like an idiot ;) ).
  • Alatariel75

I am somewhat disappointed because I was eating fairly decent today (at least compared to my last couple weeks) and made a meal for dinner that I thought would be right around my maintenance calories, but it put me about 400 cals over. I was up all night puking my guts out though, so maybe it will cancel out.

On a side note, I quite possibly discovered the most disgusting combination of foods to vomit there is.

I confess to being curious LOL
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    My dinner is going to be vodka.
  • reducingrenee622
    reducingrenee622 Posts: 48 Member
    I find myself constantly thinking about calories. I pre-log a lot of my food. At breakfast I'll log what I'm eating and log for lunch since I know what I'll be packing to bring with me to work. It helps me see how many calories I can (or can't!) eat during the day, as sometimes I'll find a small snack.
    I also go to bed really early, and that helps with my late night snacking issue. How many 22 year olds so you know who go to bed at 8-8:30 every night?!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    I find myself constantly thinking about calories. I pre-log a lot of my food. At breakfast I'll log what I'm eating and log for lunch since I know what I'll be packing to bring with me to work. It helps me see how many calories I can (or can't!) eat during the day, as sometimes I'll find a small snack.

I now want to know the calories in everything. Even things I would never consider eating because I actively hate the taste. I end up getting distracted at the grocery store looking at nutrition labels for things I will never buy. Which is insane because it makes me stay longer in the store and I hate all forms of shopping. :#

• qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015

While you're at it, try using a 1/4-teaspoon measuring spoon to eat ice cream with... I tried that once, to force myself to make the last partial scoops from a beloved flavor's container last as long as possible (instead, it merely tested my sanity (and I nearly failed said 'test' ;P )).

On a related note, it occurred to me that the dinky 1/4-teaspoon -sized measuring spoon I was using resembled more of a toy scoop-shovel that was better suited for hanging in the garage of a dollhouse, and (per the time it took for me to finish using said itty bitty piece of plastic, for the purpose of (glacially, as it turned out) removing barely visible 'samples' from the hard-as-a-rock ice cream (which was practically taunting me with its militantly-adhering-to-itself 'defiance' of that laughably small (and surprisingly flimsy) spoon)), the spoon would seem to have been errantly given a thumbs-up by quality control personnel, during the manufacturing process, what with said spoon having been labelled "1/4 teaspoon", but its capacity having been more like "2 or 3 molecules" (or so it would seem).

Anyway, highly recommended 'process' to engage in... ;)
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    I didn't eat a single vegetable today.
  • Alatariel75
    I raged out at work because someone stuffed something up and so I ate chocolate. Stupid thing is, it is well within my calories, but I'm annoyed at myself because I should eat chocolate because I WANT it, not because I'm narky and it's there.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Confession: I am so binge watching season 5 Game of Thrones since it was leaked online.

we found out quite late last evening but plan to do so today!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    I also go to bed really early, and that helps with my late night snacking issue. How many 22 year olds so you know who go to bed at 8-8:30 every night?!

*raises hand* Me, me!