how can i increase calories whilst working?

i was wondering how you guys maintain or even increase your daily caloric intake whilst work?

I work from 9-5 which is a large chunk of the day so this limits me to having 1 lunch.

Im in an office setting so id like to avoid smelly foods and i currently use protein shakes and nuts which isnt sufficient. Any tips you can offer to increase my caloric intake guys?Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Bobbykins1
    Bobbykins1 Posts: 18 Member
    I take it that you are trying to gain rather than lose weight and that you don't have a workplace cafeteria. You might try bringing your lunch. Perhaps a meat and cheese sandwich, some crudities, fruit for lunch or a good sized salad incorporating some meat, cheese, nuts. For breaks the nuts, shakes, perhaps some yogurt, pudding, etc.
  • db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    Snickers are a good way to increase your calories. They are compact, delicious, and easy to store. Two a day should help bump up your calories considerably.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Eat a couple of avocado halves with a teaspoon. One of those 500g tubs of full fat yogurt. Make some oat, protein & dried fruit fridge flapjacks (heaps of recipes online, super easy).
  • angielisa75
    angielisa75 Posts: 46 Member
    I mix a can of salmon with an avocado and some green onion. YUMMY
  • mikevandewetering
    mikevandewetering Posts: 155 Member
    Penut butter
  • warrrn69
    warrrn69 Posts: 42 Member
    nuts
  • Lady_jane_
    Lady_jane_ Posts: 37 Member
    I just eat at my desk haha. hard boiled eggs, peanut butter sandwich, nuts, greek yogurt/granola.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    higher calorie foods- have a bigger breakfast and have a bigger dinner.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    emin_oz_ wrote: »
    i was wondering how you guys maintain or even increase your daily caloric intake whilst work?

I work from 9-5 which is a large chunk of the day so this limits me to having 1 lunch.

Im in an office setting so id like to avoid smelly foods and i currently use protein shakes and nuts which isnt sufficient. Any tips you can offer to increase my caloric intake guys?Thanks in advance!
    Almonds are your best friend. Enjoy!
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Nuts - handful of unsalted cashews and unsalted almonds for both mid morning and mid afternoon as well as an apple or a pear keeps me ticking along nicely between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    db34fit69 wrote: »
    Snickers are a good way to increase your calories. They are compact, delicious, and easy to store. Two a day should help bump up your calories considerably.

I tried this one day. well one snickers as opposed to my normal mid afternoon snack of a handful of almonds, cashews and a pear but I was starving five minutes after I finished it compared to my normal snacks which keep me going till my next main meal.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Like the others recommended, eat some nuts! And increase your breakfast and dinner and voila! You're GTG!
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Almonds! 1 CUP (112g) = 760 calories!!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    db34fit69 wrote: »

I tried this one day. well one snickers as opposed to my normal mid afternoon snack of a handful of almonds, cashews and a pear but I was starving five minutes after I finished it compared to my normal snacks which keep me going till my next main meal.

Considering this is the gaining section, wouldn't wanting to eat more be a good thing?
  • KingRat79
    KingRat79 Posts: 125 Member
    jmule24 wrote: »
    Almonds! 1 CUP (112g) = 760 calories!!!

this nuts are supper high in calories, and re easy to eat as a snack