IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Have a great Thursday ....102 today.
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    95 (my lowest) Ive hit this number only 3 times since December, never lower ... yet.
  • SONKISSED1
    SONKISSED1 Posts: 48 Member
    149 today
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Lizzym911 wrote: »

You are doing such a great job Lizzym911!!
    I haven't tested my fasting in a while.

• azsoccerpop
    azsoccerpop Posts: 5 Member
    107 for me
  • Lizzym911
    amberj32 wrote: »
    Lizzym911 wrote: »

You are doing such a great job Lizzym911!!
    I haven't tested my fasting in a while.

I had to start taking the glibazide I've had put away,but with being sick for a month and my daughter having surgery and me caring for her my BG was so high but taking the glibazide has really helped my evening numbers so my morning numbers have been much better.
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    edited April 2015
    Seems like my posts are getting on the message board---Pretty steady this week, April 9 & 10 was 129 FBS. Today was124. April 8 was 127, so I guess I'm caught up :)
  • Lizzym911
    95 this morning..still having trouble with my evening numbers..uggh !
  • Luizam25
    Luizam25 Posts: 87 Member
  • Lizzym911
    79 this Sunday morning..
  • LJFJ
    LJFJ Posts: 73 Member
    I can't figure out why my fasting BG varies so much; I'm so careful not to eat anything sweet at night, and I always remember to take my insulin.

Anyway, my fasting BG this morning was 91. I'm very happy about that. It's the lowest so far!

Yesterday, it was 141, and last night I had two Nutrigrain maple and brown sugar bars, much higher in sugar than the Rye Krisp and string cheese stick I had the night before. I'm so careful to watch sugars, even though I have few of the "right" foods around here. Actually, I have NONE of the right foods around here. Since my husband died, I just bought the ingredients for comfort foods and that's what I cook (e.g., full-fat cheese, whole milk, lots of butter, canned fruit with heavy syrup left over from before my husband died, full-sugar Jell-O gelatin and pudding). It's going to be a long time before this food is gone.

Help! What do I do? When I watch my sugars closely, I don't eat enough calories, and now on Day 3, I'm really tired of being hungry.
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Hi LJ, Some of the foods you have listed will not do you any good. I can understand your comfort eating in the light of your loss. Have you thought about looking for a bereavement support group ?. These groups can be very helpful in helping us move through the grieving process. If you have lots of food in storage one option would be to donate it to a local food bank if there was one in your area. Some diabetics have found success using a lower carb approach and you could have a look at The Lower Carber Forum - The LCD Group. The participants are very supportive and quite a few are diabetic. The LCHF approach may be one way of dealing with your problems with hunger. I wish you well and hope you at least have a look at the group I suggested.
  • Luizam25
    Luizam25 Posts: 87 Member
  • Lizzym911
    It's 84 this morning..
  • LJFJ
    I was 79 this morning! Yahoo!!
  • LJFJ
    Thank you for your nice post, Robert. I cannot afford to get rid of these foods and replace them. Actually, I can't afford to do any grocery shopping this month at all because I have to pay for my new glasses (mine are 12 years old); it will be nice to see well again. I've been surviving on my husband's social security while I've been going through all the surgery, but I start working part-time again next month (if I can stay out of the hospital long enough) and will be able to grocery shop to my heart's content; well, not really, but I'll definitely buy some of the proper foods.

I finally got the go-ahead from my physical- and occupational therapists and home care nurse to go out and will go to a support group next Monday, although it meets only once a month. There are others I'm going to try and hopefully will find one I like. Since I'm home-bound, I need to arrange for rides a week ahead of time (I don't have a car, because I don't drive anymore). Other than doctor appointments, this will be the first time I've gotten out for my emotional health (insurance doesn't cover mental health, so the support groups have to be free). Starting about June or so, there's a six-week support group at the cancer center where my husband received treatment. I'm on the waiting list for that one. I've been trying to deal with all of this on my own and with the help of a good book, "Lost my partner-What'll I do."

Anyway, I'm going to have to eat these foods but in moderation. I know the fat and possibly sugar amounts will be over, but I have yet to meet the protein- and calorie requirements.

I'm hungry! Thanks again, Robert.

Linda
  • joycemarie49
    joycemarie49 Posts: 6 Member
    New here! What time of the day are these BG readings taken. My morning fasting BG was 286 and my reading 2 hours after lunch was 217.8. These are so high compared to everyone else. Am I doing something wrong?