Help!!! I am thinking about doing the 28 day Squats Challenge

Help!!! I am thinking about doing the 28 day Squats Challenge to tone up on my lower body and on my upper body as well. Have anyway tried this challenge and how effectively it has changed your body?

Replies

• I just started it today
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Nope...
  • Gel_W91
    Gel_W91 Posts: 53 Member
    is that the 10 squats a day working up
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    I did a squat challenge last month. Loved it. But I'll be honest, I don't think any program is going to change any part of your body in one month only. Sure doing it will help, but I didn't, and wouldn't, expect to see results that fast. My 2 cents FWIW.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    it is a good stepping off point and yes it will change your butt a bit but not anything that will stay if you don't continue doing squats and increasing the resistance etc.

For me it was a stepping off point...after I did it I went on to do JM 30DS 2x and then after that started lifting heavy which I still do.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,901 Member
    Squats aren't going to affect your upper body skeletal muscle much (with the exception of core if your form is spot on).
    Just pointing out that doing lots of reps of squats works on muscle endurance more than that of actually "hardening" up your legs and glutes. While it's at least a start in exercise employment, there are other effective ways to hit the body overall more efficiently that doesn't involve weights. Look up bodyweight training on Fitnessblender.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png