What's the strangest comment you've received?

Replies

• BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    My neighbor ran into me while taking out garbage. She said hello, complained about her busy day ahead of her and then said, "Must be nice to have hours on end to just go work out." We don't even know each other at all, other than we see each other once a week (or every other). I don't have HOURS....I make time and I prioritize. *shrugs*
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    strozman wrote: »
    Had a girl in a very low cut shirt come up to me while waiting for the bathrooms at a local festival. She grabbed my chest with both hands and started comparing her chest to mine. Then smiled and walked away

Lol! Creepy!
    Imagine if the genders were reversed!
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm allergic to gluten and when I was at college someone told me "don't worry you won't gain weight from gluten!" as if the reason I'm not eating gluten is because I was worried about gaining weight. This was after I had already told her that I was allergic.
    I have Celiac Disease too and I always get weirded out when people associate eating gluten free with weight loss. Like I gained 20 pounds when I went gluten free???

Same! I originally gained weight when I had to stop eating gluten. Also how many times can you repeat that you're actually allergic to something and just have people laugh like 'right you're totally not doing this in order to lose weight.' It's one of my biggest pet peeves.

I'm allergic to it damn it! You don't want to see what happens when I eat it - I get really sick. Yet somehow no one believes me....

• strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited April 2015
    Had a girl in a very low cut shirt come up to me while waiting for the bathrooms at a local festival. She grabbed my chest with both hands and started comparing her chest to mine. Then smiled and walked away

Lol! Creepy!

@jennifershoo
    It wasn't creepy to me, just weird. though it definitely went to the awkward stage after about 2 minutes.

Gender reversed = someone going to jail
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member

Lol! Creepy!

@jennifershoo
    It wasn't creepy to me, just weird. though it definitely went to the awkward stage after about 2 minutes.

So....whose were bigger? LOL!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member

Lol! Creepy!

@jennifershoo

So....whose were bigger? LOL!

I was wondering as well!
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Last year I had one of the ladies at work ask me how I got my arms to look like baby arms. :neutral: This was before I started strength training, so they were small. Now they're small but muscular. :smile:
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Out of the blue from random person in the room in extremely intense voice- "You smell like juicy fruit gum."

Hoping that isn't a bad thing... Like the next sentence would be "My mom smelled like juicy fruit. I hate my mother. Die! "

Roflmao! :D
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    So far just the big boss and his wife making various compliments on my weight loss and telling me about their own attempts. Guess what, if you are my boss, don't talk about my body!
  • YvonneBerdkan
    YvonneBerdkan Posts: 58 Member
    edited April 2015
    I was cashiering at work, and an old man customer says to me "did you lose a lot of weight? because you looked like you were ready to take a heart attack before" what a back handed compliment. I just shook my head and smiled...
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Oddest ever- "Your eyes look like they're from a Rembrandt painting". Some 70 year old lady who came into my work. I remember just saying "uuum thanks?"
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Had a co-worker tell me I must have lost more weight because now I had no butt. I've never had a butt, even before I lost 20 pounds, but.....thanks?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    So far just the big boss and his wife making various compliments on my weight loss and telling me about their own attempts. Guess what, if you are my boss, don't talk about my body!

Ya. God forbid they compliment on your endeavors.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Totally agree. Sure, support endeavors. Yada yada. And if you're my boss, don't talk about my body.

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    LOL....weird.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    maidentl wrote: »
    My mother told me in front of a room full of people that she would give me money if I could get down to a size 12. I was wearing size 12 pants at the time.
    That is gold plated. Did you negotiate her to a price on the spot?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Within the first week of dying my hair red, I had a teenager (I think, could have been early 20's) come up to me in the grocery store to tell me she liked my hair and that I looked like a real life Ariel from Disney's little mermaid. I said thanks, but in my head I'm still trying to process that.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    When I was in high school, my friend's brother asked her if I was fat, or if I just had big boobs and wore baggy shirts to hide it.

Jerk.
  • alliesgettinghealthy
    alliesgettinghealthy Posts: 87 Member
    I was cashiering at work, and an old man customer says to me "did you lose a lot of weight? because you looked like you were ready to take a heart attack before" what a back handed compliment. I just shook my head and smiled...

Omg! That's so rude wow. :(
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,081 Member
    edited April 2015
    Guess what, if you are my boss, don't talk about my body!

Even compliments? Why can't a boss be friendly and compliment someone on an achievement?