What's the strangest comment you've received?

1235»

Replies

• Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    People used to think I have an eating disorder. I never told anyone I was going to lose weight so they just assumed I'm sick when I suddenly started shrinking. My sister's mom said that she'll call a rehab Centre if I look even thinner the next time she saw me. She meant well, not in a insultive way.

Luckily body recomp is so slow, I believe this time my good looking body will creep up on them and they'll ask: "Whoa! When did that happen? ?" .... to which I'll reply um, all year hahaha.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Over Easter my BIL, who I haven't seen in about 6 months, told me I looked like a real life bobble head doll. :/ I'm going to assume he meant I have a swan-like neck rather than an abnormally large head. LOL
  • csec6pak
    csec6pak Posts: 54 Member

After losing about 30 pounds, I ran into a coworker I hadn't seen in awhile and she was speechless when she saw me. She stammered around for awhile and finally said, "You look.....different.....not bad but.......did you have work done? On your face? Your face is unrecognizable."

OK, my face is thinner now, but come on, I'm almost 6 feet tall so 30 pounds isn't a ton of weight on me. I'm definitely still recognizable. And why would she jump to cosmetic surgery rather than weight loss?!
  • camschuckie
    camschuckie Posts: 12 Member
    I ran into a guy I know at a party and he said " hey where's your other half ?" So I thought he was either speaking about my husband or I have an identical twin... But no here he was speaking about my body. The next year I had unfortunately gained 65 pounds back and when I ran into him again ., I told him " hey look I found my other half"
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    I was at karaoke one night when I had lost all of this weight previously like ten years ago. Out of the blue, one of the regulars pulled me over to her table, then proceeded to tell me that she wanted to take me home, and dress me up like a police officer. A dirty police officer... with handcuffs.

I noped out of there right back to my table.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    lauracups wrote: »
    Got another. My hair dresser told me, not just my face but my whole head got smaller. And I'm thinking "oh great, apparently I looked like the Kool-aid Man before and no one thought to mention it?!"

In one of John Pinnets comedy specials he talks about losing 100lbs and how people always said "you can really see it in your face!"....he goes into this bit about unknowingly being the kool-aid man. its hysterical!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    In college, i worked in a store selling maternity clothes. I had several ppl ask how far along i was (i wasn't) and then say "oh....i just assumed you were pg because you work her". Like the store only has pregnant employees?!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    So far just the big boss and his wife making various compliments on my weight loss and telling me about their own attempts. Guess what, if you are my boss, don't talk about my body!

Ya. God forbid they compliment on your endeavors.

I don't mind compliments on my work or even other types of achievements, but frankly, there is a power differential, and I think it is very inappropriate for a boss to comment on an employee's weight, positively or negatively. Beyond this, these were protracted conversations in front of my colleagues.
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    My favorite comment was from my dad. He said "you're getting all cutesy. Now you're going to get all mad because boys will be talking to you all the time." This just proves that at 28 years old he still sees me as a little girl. I love being a daddy's girl.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    I was about 10 days post partum after having my 2nd son and my in-laws took me out for lunch. An old man was admiring my baby and he said "ohhh he's so cute and you are soooo brave already having another" as he pointed to my belly. Wtf. Being 10 days post partum I was extremely hormonal and ended up bursting into tears and leaving. May have cried for the next week too.
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    From a coworker: "You've lost weight. Are you sick?" Who...who even goes there first?
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    dawnsnarks wrote: »
    From a coworker: "You've lost weight. Are you sick?" Who...who even goes there first?

My neighbours hahaha.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    mkakids wrote: »
    lauracups wrote: »
    Got another. My hair dresser told me, not just my face but my whole head got smaller. And I'm thinking "oh great, apparently I looked like the Kool-aid Man before and no one thought to mention it?!"

In one of John Pinnets comedy specials he talks about losing 100lbs and how people always said "you can really see it in your face!"....he goes into this bit about unknowingly being the kool-aid man. its hysterical!

Lmao THAT'S where I remember hearing that line first! He was awesome! !!
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Got a stranger email from some stranger, giving me advice on how to be a great father. Telling me I should exercise with them, take out to parks, play catch, shiiit like that. Then said if I was already doing it then keep doing it. I didn't even respond to that weirdo
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    I had just blended a meal replacement shake in the break room at work. It had a LOT of things in it, including chia seeds which I guess is what made it kind of thick. It was a mossy green color. Someone eating her lunch at one of the tables saw it and blurted out,"Oh my Gawd!!!! That looks like baby poop!!! Are you seriously going to drink that???" Her reaction made me laugh. I said, "As long as it doesn't TASTE like baby poop, I sure am!"
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Not strange, but most of my comments seem to be along the lines of:

"Watch you're not going too far now!"
    "You don't want to get tooooo thin, be careful."
    "Noooo you don't want to get skinny!"
    "Mind you don't take it too far, know when to stop."
    "You're not losing any more, are you?"
    "You don't need to lose any more, you're disappearing!"

It's really antagonising me. I'm nowhere near 'too thin' and never have been. This is the first time in years that my BMI has been in the healthy range, and it's still closer to overweight than middle-ground healthy. I've also never had any issues with eating too little or whatever, people have no reason to think I'm somehow suddenly starving myself to lose weight, I've told everyone who asks that I'm just doing CICO and that I'm still pretty much eating chocolate on a daily basis. I don't know if I'm just taking it the wrong way but I feel like nobody trusts me to stay healthy, giving me the side-eye like I might be concealing an ED. :/