Big goal, looking to lose 120 lbs

Hello everyone, My wife and I recently had a baby girl, so I'm looking to become healthier and to do so I need to lose roughly 120 lbs. I'm looking for some friends and support to help me along, or if you're in the same boat maybe we can help eachother out when need be.
Starting weight: 320 lbs
Current weight: 303 lbs

Thanks for taking the time to read, i hope to see some requests.

Replies

• You're doing great! Are you going to the gym or eating differently? And congratulations on your baby girl!
  • mattalscott
    mattalscott Posts: 9 Member
    Both, I go to the gym daily and totally changed my diet. Basically quit sugar cold turkey lol.
  • angel388
    angel388 Posts: 83 Member
    Awesome start :) bless baby girl. Ive got 103 pounds to lose. Happy for you to add me.
  • AngeloInTexas
    AngeloInTexas Posts: 52 Member
    I'm with you!
  • Colleens6677
    Colleens6677 Posts: 120 Member
    You can do it! There is lots of support here and you can add me as a friend any time. I log on daily and try to be as supportive as I can because we are all in this together! You are off to a great start! I started at needing to lose 138 pounds and have about 119 left to go! Here is to a great week of living healthy!!!
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    You totally got this! I started in September and am hoping to lose 130 (potentially more... Depending on how I feel when I get there). I've lost 56lbs now just by eating better, and working out. Once you make things a routine, and if you are truly motivated, then you will do so well, and love your new life. Keep it up! :)
  • ladydianna62
    ladydianna62 Posts: 35 Member
    Happy for you to add me I got 100 pounds to loose great job so far. congrats on baby girl
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Good stuff, man. I started at 335 and am down to 295 over a year. This year my goal is to take off 50 more.
  • poppleye
    poppleye Posts: 3 Member
    Wow you are on the right track. I still have 50 to go. If you would like to add me I would be happy to be a support buddy and we could help each other be accountable. How did you quit sugar cold turkey?! That is my biggest struggle lol I'm impressed, good job!
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Keep it up! I started my weight loss after my first daughter was born. It's so worth it.
  • Go vegan for a few weeks, mate. You will get there in no time.
    Good luck!
  • mattalscott
    mattalscott Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks for all the support. :)
  • You can do it, have done great so far. I've lost 100lbs. In 6 months another 15lbs. In 1month. But I was on extreme daily calorie intake. Working out 6 days a week 3 to 4 hrs each time. Burning more than I was eating which bow way is the wrong way.
    Now I'm doing it the right way. Weight lifting first then cardio, doing some circuit training classes. Spreading out my Protein through out the day.
    eating every 4 hours, tons of water, and gatorade. Flax seed, chia seeds, chlorella, spirulina, added in my shakes.

keep up the good work!
  • NikiThor
    NikiThor Posts: 2 Member
    Omg..you are just like me!! I started at 316 and weighed in at 303 yesterday!! My first goal is to get out of the 300's then work my way to 250, then a stretch goal is 200.....I really need to get under 200 but haven't been there since college, so I'm not going to set too big of a goal for now. Almost to the 1st milestone, and I would love a friend that is in a similar boat!!
  • healthnut050
    healthnut050 Posts: 26 Member
    New babies are great motivation for getting healthy. You are already off to a great start. When I feel like giving up on my healthy eating I just look at my young daughter and remember why I started.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Best wishes on the new baby. <3 Congrats on cutting out sugar drinks. (*) That is probably the best thing you can do for yourself. I do allow candy into my plan -- usually only two or three times a week and usually something small I pick up at the grocery store. It helps me feel "normal" somehow.
  • SkinnyGirlFatBody
    SkinnyGirlFatBody Posts: 98 Member
    I'm only on lb 5 of my 125lb journey. Feel free to add me, I love having more friends on here.
  • chiilipepper
    chiilipepper Posts: 17 Member
    You are doing great!! remember just one day at a time. the key to weight lose success is consistency, good eating habits, exercise or some kind of activities depending your goals and patient. It took a long time to gain the weight and its going to take time to get it off. Just concentrate at one day at a time. Try to log in everything you eat so you can see exactly what are you eating and be accountable for it....

good job!
  • Frostygirl2790
    Frostygirl2790 Posts: 65 Member
    Feel free to add me, I've been down this road years ago, and I know no can do it again. This time it's keeping those changes in place for me. Have a ways to go and can use the help as well as support others on this journey
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Congratulations on your new baby!