Looking for Motovation buddies with PCOS

ALNoog
ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
I am 34 and I have PCOS, diverticulitis, and enterocolitis. I am looking for people who want motivational buddies along the way that could help me and I could help them. My husband keeps telling me oh just walk and eat salads and you will lose a ton of weight. I get frustrated and in tears because he doesn't understand that it is just not that simple and can't seem to get it through his head that I can't really eat salad...so I'm looking for people that do understand.

Please add me as a friend if you'd like!

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Salads are a component of things, but in all likelihood, you would be better served by a Low Carb High Fat Moderate Protein way of eating. This is what my endocrinologist put me on...

Tons of info in the launch pad link on this page:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Feel free to friend me if you want. I'm mostly active, but losing about half my internet access, and slightly overwhelmed personally right now...LOL But I'm here.

Hugs, and good luck!
  • ravenstar25
    ravenstar25 Posts: 126 Member
    Salads do terrible, awful, horrible things to me. Heh. I totally hear ya.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Thank you all. It's pretty much any vegetables... And most fruits. I have to extremely limit lettuce. Not supposed to do anything with seeds such as green beans or strawberries or peppers.. I do what I can with things that let me scrape the seeds out. Last year I attempted low carb 4 times and each time I got so sick and had to stop and it was because of intentional blockages. If I extremely limit the veggies it's not so bad... Last time of got so bad they wanted to do surgery...
  • KnitOrMiss
    To do low carb successfully, you also need to up the fats. And you also limit veggies. There is a thread in that other group from above that are doing a modified "zero-carb" diet, focused on meats, animal-sourced fats, and other natural fats, while limiting plant material. It might be something you want to look into. (When you eliminate the carbs, you don't need the fiber from veg and all that...just FYI. Fats lubricate the whole process naturally. I'm not sure how that affects your digestive woes, but I just wanted to put that out there.)

P.S. My fiance thinks that I should just be able to will the weight off, because in many ways, that is how he manages his own life. As such, he has unmanaged hypoglycemia that he is convinced is under control just because he decides to ignore natural hunger impulses when he is busy with something else. He also thinks that with walking/working out, I should be able to eat anything and everything, but without the understanding of the hell that PCOS puts on the female body, they just see us as weak and failing. I wonder if their bodies betrayed them as ours do us if they might just understand!!! It would mean the world to me, at least.
  • gabbeke
    gabbeke Posts: 17 Member
    I will add you, I'm pretty active on here :)
    I have IBS and colitis that flares up quite badly sometimes...it's such a challenge when both your reproductive, hormonal, and digestive parts of your body all seem to attack at once--that's when a support system gets the most important.
  • KnitOrMiss
    I will add you, I'm pretty active on here :)
    I have IBS and colitis that flares up quite badly sometimes...it's such a challenge when both your reproductive, hormonal, and digestive parts of your body all seem to attack at once--that's when a support system gets the most important.

are you on a low carb high fat diet? I've been told that for a lot of people with IBS, that nullifies 95% + of the issues...
  • ohmrschocolate
    ohmrschocolate Posts: 7 Member
    ALNoog wrote: »
    I am 34 and I have PCOS, diverticulitis, and enterocolitis. I am looking for people who want motivational buddies along the way that could help me and I could help them. My husband keeps telling me oh just walk and eat salads and you will lose a ton of weight. I get frustrated and in tears because he doesn't understand that it is just not that simple and can't seem to get it through his head that I can't really eat salad...so I'm looking for people that do understand.

Please add me as a friend if you'd like!

I completely understand the PCOS battle. Its super frustrating when those close to us don't understand, but I've learned not to be too hard on them. We can be PCOS and Fitness Pal buddies. I follow a LCHF diet.

Good Luck!!

• AndineC
    AndineC Posts: 20 Member
    I have pcos and ibs as well its a nightmare. I am trying to stick to no gluten and as close to no lactose as I can take. I have hectic family life so I am a suckered for quick sugar snacks like cookies etc :( it's very hard when you do everything you should and barely see the scales move. It isn't that simple as salads is it