Hello

I just joined this site today, while looking for an online specific calorie counter. This is the first one I've found online that I really like. The personalization options are great! I've got myself all set up, with my introduction as the last set up step to my account here.

Many people that I am "thin" or "skinny" and that I'm crazy for watching what I eat and worrying if I've exercised that day or not. I am 5'8" and proportionate. I'm not really looking to loose weight as much as I am looking to shape up and get rid of my flab. For the longest time, I was steadily at 150 lbs. I got a divorce and noticed 6 months after, that I weighed 125 lbs. I hadn't weighed that since high school and it really got me excited that I changed my diet to a healthier one than my pizza roll diet with my ex husband. It has been 2 and 1/2 years since my divorce now. I'm much more active, but my weight is slowly creeping back up. I'm currently at 140 lbs and would be happy to see 130 lbs on my scale. I know that my loss will be slow because of my already good eating habits and the bit of exercise I get, but I'm dedicated to really analyze myself to start out as I am today, and see if there is something I need to modify (I'm sure there is!)

I only have one question... why, when so many "diet and food experts" tell America that high protein diets are good, yet this site seems to set a really low protein intake. Does anyone know why? :huh: As I'm closing my day in my food diary, I noticed that without really watching what I'm eating, I've easily gone over my protein intake by 10, but my calorie intake is still 350 under. Can anyone help me understand why the low protein expectations from this site?

I'm very excited to be a part of this site. :drinker: I have yet to find a bogus, negative, or rude posting on the message boards. It's encouraging to see such support in an online community. I'm looking forward to verbalizing my results every Sunday to really use your motivation and support to keep pushing me that extra mile!

Replies

• I just joined this site today, while looking for an online specific calorie counter. This is the first one I've found online that I really like. The personalization options are great! I've got myself all set up, with my introduction as the last set up step to my account here.

Many people that I am "thin" or "skinny" and that I'm crazy for watching what I eat and worrying if I've exercised that day or not. I am 5'8" and proportionate. I'm not really looking to loose weight as much as I am looking to shape up and get rid of my flab. For the longest time, I was steadily at 150 lbs. I got a divorce and noticed 6 months after, that I weighed 125 lbs. I hadn't weighed that since high school and it really got me excited that I changed my diet to a healthier one than my pizza roll diet with my ex husband. It has been 2 and 1/2 years since my divorce now. I'm much more active, but my weight is slowly creeping back up. I'm currently at 140 lbs and would be happy to see 130 lbs on my scale. I know that my loss will be slow because of my already good eating habits and the bit of exercise I get, but I'm dedicated to really analyze myself to start out as I am today, and see if there is something I need to modify (I'm sure there is!)

I only have one question... why, when so many "diet and food experts" tell America that high protein diets are good, yet this site seems to set a really low protein intake. Does anyone know why? :huh: As I'm closing my day in my food diary, I noticed that without really watching what I'm eating, I've easily gone over my protein intake by 10, but my calorie intake is still 350 under. Can anyone help me understand why the low protein expectations from this site?

I'm very excited to be a part of this site. :drinker: I have yet to find a bogus, negative, or rude posting on the message boards. It's encouraging to see such support in an online community. I'm looking forward to verbalizing my results every Sunday to really use your motivation and support to keep pushing me that extra mile!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome to the site.

You can change your protein levels to fit your needs by going to the home tab, then to change goals, you can choose guided or custom. If you choose custom you can change your levels to meet your needs.

Good luck.:flowerforyou: