5' - 5'2" girls I want to hear your story and pics! Continuation!!

Replies

• glfernandes828
    glfernandes828 Posts: 101 Member
    I'm 5'1 and finally 111 pounds :) the before picture was summer of 2013 but I didn't really start my weight loss journey until around February 2014. Since then I've been eating very healthy (check out my food diaries) and working out 4-5x per week and doing yoga almost everyday. Feelin so happy and good about myself :)
    3t3cvb3z3e5u.jpg
  • missanne112015
    missanne112015 Posts: 8 Member
    0q063rmste9g.png

Took my first "after" picture yesterday, and I honestly don't know if you can see a difference. I'm 5'2" and I've lost almost 20 pounds now :) Left is before (180ish), Right is after (160ish).
    rcontr7 wrote: »
    0q063rmste9g.png

Took my first "after" picture yesterday, and I honestly don't know if you can see a difference. I'm 5'2" and I've lost almost 20 pounds now :) Left is before (180ish), Right is after (160ish).

Wow!! You can definitely tell in your arms and shoulders - much much thinner! Good work! 20 lbs is a lot to lose!

Oh yes you def can see. Awesome job. You look great!
  • 65lbslighter
    65lbslighter Posts: 5 Member
    This tread is super motivational. I commend all those ladies (and men) who are brave enough to post their BEFORE photos. I'm about 5'1 and at my heaviest I was 205 lbs. I gained about 20 lbs because of a pesky little cyst. I'm currently closer to my previous weight of 189 lbs. I would love to see 125 lbs! I haven't seen that weight since I was about 10!
  • jamalame
    jamalame Posts: 3 Member
    I haven't taken any before pics but you ladies are inspiring me! I'll work on it tomorrow! I'm 24 and 5'2" and my CW is around 140, depending on the scale. My lowest weight was 121 about 4 years ago, but I wasn't doing any lifting so I wasn't very strong. The funny thing is I still didn't think I looked my best at the time but knowing how much my confidence has gone down, I'd like to get back there. My goal is to get to around 125-130 and stay there, but be stronger and get my endurance back up. I struggle with disc pain and it tends to demotivate me but I just got an epidural so I hope I can focus more on how good exercise makes me feel and less on how much it hurts!
  • heyyeahiknow
    heyyeahiknow Posts: 15 Member
    0q063rmste9g.png

I can totally see a difference! keep up the great work:)
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    I don't think I'm a "sucess story" yet. But here are some fun progress pics that I started taking every month. I'll add a new one next week for April. I've only lost 4.5lbs this year, but I've also gained muscle and I'm stronger and faster (I run). 5'1" 23yrs old SW:141lbs CW:136.5lbs GW: 116.5lbs
    cwajxxubg1iu.jpg
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    I'm 5'0"! Went from 210 to 115 story over yonder:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10115139/1000-days-logged-in-a-row-over-90-pounds-lost-pics/p1

:)

Most recent progress pic:

x0sqbp.jpg

• fr3smyl
    You are so adorable!
    I'm just 5'0. This progress was from October last year to today! I also document my journey on Instagram hence the @kelly.gets.fit hehe xx

2ujrsyu.jpg

• x_tina324
    x_tina324 Posts: 37 Member
    6lwm6a1itodo.jpg

Awesome!!!
  • fr3smyl
    Good going!
  • fr3smyl
    All you ladies are motivational. I recently started and don't have pics (dreading taking some in my current state
  • phys72
    phys72 Posts: 66 Member
    you all look great. Congrats!

Anyone here in their 40's? I'm 134lbs and 5'2' and would love to get down to 120. I have been trying for awhile now and my body is really not on board with this idea. I'm feeling defeated and would love to see at least a couple pounds come off so I know it's possible. Any words of wisdom from any ladies my age?
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Everyone looks great. I hope to have post-worthy pictures around September-November. Got some gym work to do.
  • AntsyAngler
    AntsyAngler Posts: 58 Member
    OP I'm 5'2 and have similar starting weight and goal weight. Been at this for only a couple weeks, Wanna be friends and stay on target?
  • rwcw89
    rwcw89 Posts: 143 Member
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    All you ladies are motivational. I recently started and don't have pics (dreading taking some in my current state

I sucked in on my start but I honestly regret it. I LOVE seeing the difference now even if u keep them to yourself until u make progress and then compare. seeing it is a reminder to keep moving forward
  • rwcw89
    rwcw89 Posts: 143 Member
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Everyone looks great. I hope to have post-worthy pictures around September-November. Got some gym work to do.

Check out some beachbody workouts. Gyms never worked for me since I have a little one and barely anytime to workout plus I get embarrassed easily . T25 has been my lifesaver!
  • justfenix
    justfenix Posts: 30 Member
    I am 48yrd old 5' and halfay(ish) on this crazy journey. As of today I have lost 54lbs. I do an hour of weights 3 times a week but my cardio was spotty at best. I stalled at 218 for three weeks which drove me nuts. I "know" that muscle weighs more and that I was losing fat but not having that number change at all was about to send me over the edge. Today after swimming I got on that dreaded scale again, then got off and stepped back on, then once more just to make sure. 209. Exactly what I needed. Back to the pool tomorrow. 3 more miles. I still have at least 60 to go but that 9lb drop meant everything.

No photos. I gained 70lbs in 3 years. I am not at peace enough with this body to go there.
  • FCFitness75
    FCFitness75 Posts: 35 Member
    This post is so inspiring! I can't wait to get to my goal weight so I can post :)
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    5ft 0", 9lb and lots of inches down since January. Don't have a goal weight but would like to work on building muscle and reducing body fat.

niu9ph8ezr6z.jpg
    hcwx3wpoa4xm.jpg
    o7sczcv5rgpr.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!