5' - 5'2" girls I want to hear your story and pics! Continuation!!

Replies

• fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Okay @rwcw89... I will take some. I just went look until I need to n
  • fr3smyl
    Won't not went
  • fr3smyl
    Everyone looks great, wonderful job ladies!

I'm 5'1.5", SW ~180, CW ~129, no longer have a goal weight. I'm focusing on dropping body fat % at the moment.

e294ptwyvs8j.jpg
    2fb7q18jdaa7.jpg

Used the 7 point caliper method, measured in at 22.1% body fat. Stomach progress: 4pleak0weebb.jpg

Looking to get down to 18-19% BF and have visible abs :)
    Good job!
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Shorties unite! Love this post! You all look fabulous and it really helps inspire me too. Starting weight 165 (5'2") and down to 154 right now. Goal is 120-130. Always felt good at that weight. I am excited to have lost and encouraged to continue!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Thank you all for being such an inspiration. This has been so motivational. As a fellow shortie, I have a long journey ahead of me (80+ lbs), but I am so excited to "see" what the end product may be for me.
  • jamalame
    jamalame Posts: 3 Member
    jamalame wrote: »
    I haven't taken any before pics but you ladies are inspiring me! I'll work on it tomorrow! I'm 24 and 5'2" and my CW is around 140, depending on the scale. My lowest weight was 121 about 4 years ago, but I wasn't doing any lifting so I wasn't very strong. The funny thing is I still didn't think I looked my best at the time but knowing how much my confidence has gone down, I'd like to get back there. My goal is to get to around 125-130 and stay there, but be stronger and get my endurance back up. I struggle with disc pain and it tends to demotivate me but I just got an epidural so I hope I can focus more on how good exercise makes me feel and less on how much it hurts!

Here are the befores, just getting on board this week. Excited to see results this summer!

q6s56bq3lq6g.jpg
    00o3t8nypl3a.jpg
  • jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    AlysBass wrote: »
    OP I'm 5'2 and have similar starting weight and goal weight. Been at this for only a couple weeks, Wanna be friends and stay on target?

Yes sounds perfect!!!
  • titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    phys72 wrote: »
    you all look great. Congrats!

Anyone here in their 40's? I'm 134lbs and 5'2' and would love to get down to 120. I have been trying for awhile now and my body is really not on board with this idea. I'm feeling defeated and would love to see at least a couple pounds come off so I know it's possible. Any words of wisdom from any ladies my age?

• titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    I am 49. I lose better with exercise at this age. I use to be able to do it with diet alone, but it seems way too slow now.
    titotito48 wrote: »
    phys72 wrote: »
    you all look great. Congrats!

Anyone here in their 40's? I'm 134lbs and 5'2' and would love to get down to 120. I have been trying for awhile now and my body is really not on board with this idea. I'm feeling defeated and would love to see at least a couple pounds come off so I know it's possible. Any words of wisdom from any ladies my age?

• jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    4'11" here. Last check was 132 :(

Hoping to lose a few before summer!! Love seeing the inspiration! Thank you ladies!!!
  • Amy3935
    Amy3935 Posts: 94 Member
    5'2", started at 226, currently hovering between 166 and 168, but I'm stalled, stalled, stalled. I lost about 50 pounds in the first six months, and only about 10 in the next four months. I'm still technically in the "obese" BMI category, and I'd love to lose another 30ish pounds, but I'd settle for another 15 if only I could get ANYWHERE.
    Would love to hear from any of you amazing success stories if you ever plateaued HARD and how you got a move on. Also happy to have any new friends - shorties or not! :smile:

Pictures are one of me at my highest - 226 - and two from the past few weeks where I'm approx 168.

11%20months_zpssmocthpk.jpg
  • MizzouTigerAlum
    MizzouTigerAlum Posts: 15 Member
    I am 39 5ft 1 and started in January at 164 and a tight size 14. My goal is 130. Today I am at 146.2 & I just got home from old navy where I found out I'm a loose size 10. YAY HAPPY DANCE.

You're a loose size 10 and you weigh that little? I'm 5'3 175 and a loose size 10....lol
  • Go shorties!! I am new here. Please add me if you can :) I need all the motivation I can get. I am 5' 1 SW 148 CW 141.5 GW 125
  • fr3smyl
    Amy3935 wrote: »
    5'2", started at 226, currently hovering between 166 and 168, but I'm stalled, stalled, stalled. I lost about 50 pounds in the first six months, and only about 10 in the next four months. I'm still technically in the "obese" BMI category, and I'd love to lose another 30ish pounds, but I'd settle for another 15 if only I could get ANYWHERE.
    Would love to hear from any of you amazing success stories if you ever plateaued HARD and how you got a move on. Also happy to have any new friends - shorties or not! :smile:

Pictures are one of me at my highest - 226 - and two from the past few weeks where I'm approx 168.

Good going!
  • Add me too! :) SW: 148 CW:148 GW: 125
    I really need motivation. I can't help but eat a little bit of junk food l, throughout the day. I don't gain weight, and I don't lose weight. I find it really hard to lose weight. Been tracking calories for 32 days now. Been doing 30 day shred, and gained a pound. I'm hoping it's muscle, since I'm working out.
  • BioaerosolDoc
    BioaerosolDoc Posts: 5 Member
    I just bookmarked this thread :smile: I'm 5'2", SW 220, CW 215.2 (well, I'm thinking I gained but won't know until tomorrow's weigh in... I had a bad food week and have really fallen off logging), GW 140.
  • justfenix
    justfenix Posts: 30 Member
    Amy3935 wrote: »

I started at 265 and about a month ago hit 218 and stalled out. no gain, no loss, 218 for 3 weeks. Last week I got back in the pool. I start out with 10 laps at a comfortable pace. I rest for 2-3 minutes then go for 12 laps. After eavh rest I add two more laps to the next set. Yesterday I got up to a total of 200 laps (which never would have happened if I said swim 200 laps, it was the small doable intervals, I tricked my inner defeatist into accomplishing more than I thought I could). On my way out of gym I got on the dreaded scale and OMG... 209.

I found something that I love doing and then tricked myself into being better at it. Give yourself a goal you know you can reach and then push yourself to do it again plus a liitle extra, then doi it again. We get stuck in comfortable ruts and our body just hunkers down. You just have to find a new piece to add to the mix to kick your body out of that comfort zone.

I have faith in you. We are so much better than the bulge!

I also have a pair of jeans in my closet in every size between where I started and where I want to end up. Every weekend I try on the next size down. Even when the numbers on the scale didn't change, the fit on the jeans did. That definately helped keep me motivated. And throwing away the previous size helped too. More than the jeans, it was Kicking that size ME to the curb, and that feels amazing.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    rwcw89 wrote: »
    Check out some beachbody workouts. Gyms never worked for me since I have a little one and barely anytime to workout plus I get embarrassed easily . T25 has been my lifesaver!

Thanks. I have plenty of videos but I prefer the gym, plus I'm not too keen on jumping a lot as the neighbors below me might not like that. lol. And I don't have weights, which are more fun for me. So, I lift at the gym and do my cardio outside as I'm training to jog a 5k.

I struggled at first with others around and learning how to lift weights, but I do it anyways when it's less crowded at 11 pm at night, after work. I still don't like if anyone is near for things like db one point row cause I have to stand on one foot and lose balance, but in general as I slim down the worry meter is getting less and less. 50 lbs lost so far. My November goal is more because I'm limiting picture posting till then for a family event, though none are on MFP that I know about so could post on occasion here.
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    [img]http://cd8ba0b44a15c10065fd-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.r23.cf1.rackcdn.com/mfp- en.vanillaforums.com/editor/48/3coxti27clfw.jpg[/img]

Another vertically challenged here!!!

I'm 5ft 1 (and a half)! I was 137lb in the before photo, the heaviest I have been except when pregnant. I am 120 lb in the after photo. I have gained a few pound and I'm probably about 122lb now.

I train in Shotokan Karate and I love my punch bag and Kettlebells!!! smiley:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!