How many days do you work out

Replies

• 2 training days and 3-4 cardio days
  • Azurayi
    Azurayi Posts: 7
    I go to the gym M-F mornings, for 90 minutes on the treadmill walking. Then on saturday and sundays I swim with my kids at the gym's pool for 3-4 hours
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    6 days a week. I do cardio every morning before work and go to the gym 3 nights a week after work to do weight training. I also get up Saturday morning and do cardio. Sunday is my rest day.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    I'm rebuilding right now so I presently run every day and twice a day on 5 days. Most is really low intensity so recovery is quick.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    5-6 days a week. 3 days running and 2 days strength. The 6th day is either Yoga or strength depending on how I feel.
  • marmaladepixie
    marmaladepixie Posts: 83 Member
    edited April 2015
    5-6 days a week... one 3 to 5 mile jog, one run with sprint intervals for about 30 minutes, 2 or 3 days of some type of interval training that includes burpees, jump squats, pushups, lunge jumps or maybe an insanity cardio workout or step aerobics, whatever i feel like that day... usually they are around 45 minutes to an hour each. 2 to 3 of those days I will also throw in some free weights and machine weights plus pull ups.

If i feel extra tired or do a lot of yard work like chop firewood, i will skip exercise for that day. I do a lot of hikes around the yard on days when i work from home. My backyard is a mountain with tons of giant boulders.
  • Minkaky_
    Minkaky_ Posts: 8 Member
    My week routine:
    3 x gym (weights)
    2-3 x long walks
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    6-7 days. 4-5 days of cardio, usually followed by yoga, 2 days with weights.
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Usually 5-6 days a week. 3 weights, 2-3 cardio/abs days.

Me too. Seems about right for my goal of gaining a little muscle bulk while maintaining my weight range. It's a slow process but it's working for me.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    4 or 5. 4 days lifting and I might go in on the 5th for 30 minutes of cardio. Or I might not because I hate it.

Same here!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    6 days. 3 lifting and 3 cardio. Off Saturday..
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Roughly 3-4 days of heavy lifting, and I do about 15 additional minutes of HIIT on a couple of those days. I also make sure to get in 10,000 steps per day from my daily activities.
  • Magemisty
    Magemisty Posts: 87 Member
    about 3 to 5days a week, usually 30 minutes
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    All of them! I go to the gym 3 days a week. Arms, legs, core. I run twice a week and do an exercise dvd every day. At the moment I alternate between Carmen Electra's fit to strip dvd and The surfer girl dvd (a cheapie but awesome one I picked up at a garage sale)
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    The gym I use is limited to a smith machine and some free weights and a lat pulldown machine. I try to weight train at least 3 times a week focusing on one body part per session (lower body, chest or back). I run 1 mile to warm up my body. I also try to run a 5k each week for cardio and every Saturday I go to a bigger gym where I do 2 hours of cardio classes. I will probably replace the 5k with some speed interval training to help build up my stamina and endurance in running. Or add another day of cardio depending on how my body is feeling. I need to change my focus to include more abs though. I'm feeling rather "pouchy" in the stomach area so want to focus on the ab muscles again to help strengthen them.
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    I excercise 6 days a week.
    I use dvds and workout for a minimum of 45 minutes per day.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    4 days a week minimum. I play tennis at least 4 times a week. I also do various dvd workouts at home.
  • marmaladepixie
    marmaladepixie Posts: 83 Member
    4 days a week minimum. I play tennis at least 4 times a week. I also do various dvd workouts at home.

tennis is such a great workout!
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    5 or 6 days.

2-3x week weight training
    4-5x week running
    1-2x week biking
    1-2x week swimming

I keep busy...
  • runeatrunlive
    runeatrunlive Posts: 79 Member
    Monday - Weights