5' - 5'2" girls I want to hear your story and pics! Continuation!!

Replies

• fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    dimeda78 wrote: »
    All of you ladies look fantastic. You are making or have made tremendous progress. I am 5'2". I started weighing about mid January at 181lbs I have gotten down to 164.2. I am noticing the scale going up but I am still losing inches and looking better in my clothes. I am doing quite a bit of weight training in conjunction with cardio. Have fun girls and mix it up to keep this journey interesting.
    Awesome. Good to be able to see work pay off.
  • fr3smyl
    My first post on here. Starting again today, first session at gym tonight. I'm 4'10 and half" (that half inch is important). Bit nervous of weighing in as was 196lbs last time I weighed myself and am just back from two weeks holidays. Want my knees to stop aching - would be great to get to 126lb.

My mom is 4'11.5", she also days that half inch is important!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Great job to all you petite ladies out there. I'm 45, 5'1". CW: 140, GW: 125. 15 lbs. to go and at my age it's getting harder to lose. I've started StrongLifts (SL)eks ago and going on my 6th week. I love to run but on a break since I started SL. I have trouble with my macro and am a total foodie. Don't have any before photos and should take a few just so I can compare myself later.
  • FariasMomOf3
    FariasMomOf3 Posts: 215 Member
    Everyone looks great, wonderful job ladies!

I'm 5'1.5", SW ~180, CW ~129, no longer have a goal weight. I'm focusing on dropping body fat % at the moment.

e294ptwyvs8j.jpg
    2fb7q18jdaa7.jpg

Used the 7 point caliper method, measured in at 22.1% body fat. Stomach progress: 4pleak0weebb.jpg

Looking to get down to 18-19% BF and have visible abs :)

Amazing. How did you thin out your calves? My are like your before and have been told they will always be big.

Wow you look awesome lady!! Congrats
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    ix28h3y8jd0k.jpg

• jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Wow you look fantastic!!
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member

Amazing. How did you thin out your calves? My are like your before and have been told they will always be big.
    @littlmissapril Thanks! Running helped tons, believe it or not. Cardio and lean protein trimmed me down overall. They are still hard as rocks though :)
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Hi, everyone! I'm 5'2.5" and have lost 46lbs so far; aiming for 50+. Age is against me at 65 but even though it's been a slow process (at the 1 1/2 year mark) it's been really rewarding watching the scale drop and the inches. I started at 179lbs., size 14/16 US and I'm now a size 4/6 Petite. You're all awesome!
  • frontdoorangel
    frontdoorangel Posts: 34 Member
    Just bookmarked this post. I've been on mfp for a long time and just really picked it up again in the past couple of months since I've been going to the gym more. Need all the motivation/inspiration I can get. I need to lose weight for a variety of reasons but I really want to have another baby. I just turned 37 so the clock is definitely ticking.

Height: 5'2
    Heaviest: 260-ish
    Started MFP: 234
    CW: 220
    GW: 160, then I'll re-evaluate and see how I feel.
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    I am new to this post and a 1st time poster! I have bookmarked this page because it has given me so much hope! I only have my profile pic and it is kinda blurry, but I am fixing to be 45 the end of this month and I am tired of losing and gaining. It is a neverending cycle! But in the last month, I have lost 19lbs and 30 inches!! Everyone looks great! Keep up the hard work!!
    Height: 5'1
    SW: 228
    CW: 209
    GW: 115-120
  • jennyonthespot
    jennyonthespot Posts: 98 Member
    icm9jxy06cx8.jpgre6bpqtfkgjf.jpg

Ok so I'm actually just shy of 5'3" but I figure I'm still short. :smile:

The first pic is me in December at around 165 and the second is me today at 148. Trying to decide on a goal weight. The 140s seem high for someone this short, but I feel like I look ok. I figure I'll just keep at my modest calorie deficit until I'm where I want to be, or until it's no longer sustainable.
  • Zarinalexandra
    Zarinalexandra Posts: 5 Member
    You ladies are awesome inspiration!! It my first day on here and I really am just looking for support and inspiration and you guys are awesome!
    I'm 5'1 and my starting weight was 198 in February 2015 size 12/14 jeans
    CW:185 10/12 jean size
    GW: 130 and then I'll reevaluate from there and probably go for 110 or so.
    I'm excited to begin this journey by taking it to the next level and you guys really helped!
  • Zarinalexandra
    Zarinalexandra Posts: 5 Member
    I'm also looking for a mentor or accountability buddy if anyone can help with that!
  • fr3smyl
    You ladies are awesome inspiration!! It my first day on here and I really am just looking for support and inspiration and you guys are awesome!
    I'm 5'1 and my starting weight was 198 in February 2015 size 12/14 jeans
    CW:185 10/12 jean size
    GW: 130 and then I'll reevaluate from there and probably go for 110 or so.
    I'm excited to begin this journey by taking it to the next level and you guys really helped!

Keep up the good work! Slipping into smaller jeans always feels nice.
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    @fr3smyl You're a peach for all your positivity in this thread :)
  • maryeasterday
    maryeasterday Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 5'2" but have a lot further to go. I started at 250 and am currently at 228. I would love to get down around 130. I need to be healthy and have never been so serious about it as I am this time. I finally don't feel like I'm dieting, I'm just living.... In a much healthier manner! Wishing all my fellow shorties out their the best on their journey!!
  • badholland
    badholland Posts: 67 Member
    I'm 5'1 and finally 111 pounds :) the before picture was summer of 2013 but I didn't really start my weight loss journey until around February 2014. Since then I've been eating very healthy (check out my food diaries) and working out 4-5x per week and doing yoga almost everyday. Feelin so happy and good about myself :)
    3t3cvb3z3e5u.jpg

you look amazing!
  • melissaharned39
    melissaharned39 Posts: 12 Member

I'm 5' and started at approximately 197. I am currently 153 with a goal weight of 130.
    I hope my pictures work, as I've never done this before! :) All of you look fantastic!!

canqz9lzgkok.jpg
    dt1478chkc2c.jpg
    zk57ho2qt0f4.jpg
    yl2nsgcnicpx.jpg
  • rcontr7
    rcontr7 Posts: 61 Member
    icm9jxy06cx8.jpgre6bpqtfkgjf.jpg

Ok so I'm actually just shy of 5'3" but I figure I'm still short. :smile:

The first pic is me in December at around 165 and the second is me today at 148. Trying to decide on a goal weight. The 140s seem high for someone this short, but I feel like I look ok. I figure I'll just keep at my modest calorie deficit until I'm where I want to be, or until it's no longer sustainable.

Yes!! I'm at around 162 (started at 190) and your height and these pictures are so incredibly motivating!! Good job!! Can't wait to lose another ten pounds - the difference on you is a huge one!! You look really good and healthy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!