Trying to please everyone pleases NO one.

2»

Replies

• jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    I find it really odd that he doesnt want you to associate with her cause she has an STD... its not like your having unprotected sex with her and passing it on to him.... And i dont think its fair that he doesnt want you to be friends with her because HE doesnt like her... men are stupid
    he is being irrational she is your friend and WHY NOT have her over when he isnt there if she annoys him so much... omg that sooo wouldnt fly with me lol:grumble:
    jackie

Well it's not the STD that bothers him, it's the irresponsibility. And that bothers me too, but I have addressed that with her already.

We've uncovered the root of the problem though...he (and I) were disappointed in my actions, but instead of being totally disappointed in me, he projected it onto her--like, why didn't she step in and tell me I was being a dummy? But I don't resent her because I take full responsibility for being a dummy.

ok i agree that she is irresponsible and of course her partners should know that she has an STD before she has unprotected sex with them
    But that being said I DO think you need to not hold yourself responsible for her bad choices... if anything she is making bad choices for a reason, fear of being alone comes to mind... perhaps she needs a good friend to talk to and stuff? I still DONT think that you losing her as a friend is ok, i understand if you dont want to be her BFF but dont drop her cause he doesnt agree with her choices... i think you might regret it in the end...
    just my opinion :):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    And im glad you and your boyfriend worked it out :heart:
    jackie

Oh I won't stop being her friend. She needs someone level-headed like myself. :laugh: I give her some really good advice, if I do say so myself. :smokin: But I can't babysit her either, so she has to live with her choices.

good :smile: oh and i hope you got the edited part up there ^^^^^^^^^ i wasnt trying to be harsh when i wrote that sorry :smooched:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    I find it really odd that he doesnt want you to associate with her cause she has an STD... its not like your having unprotected sex with her and passing it on to him.... And i dont think its fair that he doesnt want you to be friends with her because HE doesnt like her... men are stupid
    he is being irrational she is your friend and WHY NOT have her over when he isnt there if she annoys him so much... omg that sooo wouldnt fly with me lol:grumble:
    jackie

Well it's not the STD that bothers him, it's the irresponsibility. And that bothers me too, but I have addressed that with her already.

We've uncovered the root of the problem though...he (and I) were disappointed in my actions, but instead of being totally disappointed in me, he projected it onto her--like, why didn't she step in and tell me I was being a dummy? But I don't resent her because I take full responsibility for being a dummy.

ok i agree that she is irresponsible and of course her partners should know that she has an STD before she has unprotected sex with them
    But that being said I DO think you need to not hold yourself responsible for her bad choices... if anything she is making bad choices for a reason, fear of being alone comes to mind... perhaps she needs a good friend to talk to and stuff? I still DONT think that you losing her as a friend is ok, i understand if you dont want to be her BFF but dont drop her cause he doesnt agree with her choices... i think you might regret it in the end...
    just my opinion :):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    And im glad you and your boyfriend worked it out :heart:
    jackie

Oh I won't stop being her friend. She needs someone level-headed like myself. :laugh: I give her some really good advice, if I do say so myself. :smokin: But I can't babysit her either, so she has to live with her choices.

good :smile: oh and i hope you got the edited part up there ^^^^^^^^^ i wasnt trying to be harsh when i wrote that sorry :smooched:

Ma'am, you are talking to the Queen Of Harsh. :laugh: I am VERY honest. If I didn't want to be her friend, I'd tell her. I told plenty of other people associated with that 'break' that communicating with them would be inappropriate. I think you sounded just fine :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    My DH didnt like a GF of mine, years ago.........when we 1st got together. He said she was no good and a liar. He did not want me to see her ever again. I declined this demand, and continued to be friends with her. Unfortunalty she was not MY friend. She turned out to be a lying, cheating, money stealing *****.

I think men see things a bit clearer in this area because they are not influenced my emotion and decorum. He really could care less if he hurts someones feelings.....he just has no time for ppl that do not add anything good to his life.

He is simple like that. He was RIGHT about the GF because in the end she 'broke up' with me. Stole 4 grand and told me I was a judgemental, controlling witch.

So take a long look, maybe he is seeing something you are not.

PS I hope you feel better and the scope wasnt too bad!!:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    My DH didnt like a GF of mine, years ago.........when we 1st got together. He said she was no good and a liar. He did not want me to see her ever again. I declined this demand, and continued to be friends with her. Unfortunalty she was not MY friend. She turned out to be a lying, cheating, money stealing *****.

I think men see things a bit clearer in this area because they are not influenced my emotion and decorum. He really could care less if he hurts someones feelings.....he just has no time for ppl that do not add anything good to his life.

He is simple like that. He was RIGHT about the GF because in the end she 'broke up' with me. Stole 4 grand and told me I was a judgemental, controlling witch.

So take a long look, maybe he is seeing something you are not.

PS I hope you feel better and the scope wasnt too bad!!:flowerforyou:

Wow! Well it sounds like it's a good thing she's not in your life anymore.
    I can definitely understand where my bf is coming from. He thinks she is a bad influence, and I admittedly am somewhat influenced by her. She is so carefree, has so much fun, does exotic things like skydiving and traveling. And I am tied down--I want to get good grades, make money, eat healthy. So when I'm around her I tend to let loose, and I know that makes him uncomfortable due to our break.

I try to hang out with her minimally, and only said she could come over when he's not home so he doesn't have to deal with her, and since I'm poor and don't feel good I won't go out. To be honest, he was similarly influenced by his friends before our break and was drinking sooooooooooooo much. He even drove one night while under the influence and I can't put into words how angry I was. But he listened to my concerns and hangs out with them much less now, thus drinking a lot less (and he hasn't driven again because he knows I'll take a kitchen knife to his tires if he does :devil: ).

The scope wasn't bad, and actually neither was the prep. The nurses were very nice and I was totally OUT. What a great nap hah! The only bad part was being SUPER hungry all day and this morning!
  • arewethereyet
    Oh yeah, you cant eat for days before and you have to drink some type of fluid, right?? I have never had one, but my friend did.

Well that was one more experience for you Dr. Songbird S. Sweet FACS
  • songbyrdsweet
    Oh yeah, you cant eat for days before and you have to drink some type of fluid, right?? I have never had one, but my friend did.

LOL I like the human body but I don't think I want to give colonoscopies for a living! :laugh:
    I had to take Dulcolax and Miralax from 3-9pm the night before and had to fast all day. The laxatives didn't cause any cramping so it wasn't bad.

The camera was SO cool though. They wheeled me into this room with two big flat screen TV's and they were on, so I noticed there was a picture there because the camera was on. It was a loooooooong tube, not very big. Then I also got hooked up to an EKG and got to see my PQRST waves, which went all wacky when she put the needle in my arm. I hate needles. :blushing: And I got oxygen in my nose and a pulse reader on my finger. Then I had to turn over on my side LOL...no modesty in those hospital gowns. :tongue: But I was conscious long enough to say a sentence "Oh, dietetics, cool..." and then I woke up to myself drinking some ginger ale. Apparently I'd been awake for a couple minutes but didn't actually 'come to' until they gave me a different IV. My bf had to help dress me and walk me out LOL. I had some discomfort afterward but took a couple tylenol and now I just feel tired but not bad at all. They took some biopsies and I'll get the results in a couple weeks. They're looking for microscopic colitits or ileitis.

So whoever is getting a colonoscopy next, now you know what to expect.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    One of my very best friends had to go through all that crap not too long ago & she was diagnosed with Crohn's soon after. She's in "remission" now & doing great! Just has to keep up with a good diet & keep her stress level minimum. I don't know what your whole story is, Song (must have missed it somewheres...) but I hope the outcome is a good one! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet

LOL I like the human body but I don't think I want to give colonoscopies for a living! :laugh:
    I had to take Dulcolax and Miralax from 3-9pm the night before and had to fast all day. The laxatives didn't cause any cramping so it wasn't bad.

The camera was SO cool though. They wheeled me into this room with two big flat screen TV's and they were on, so I noticed there was a picture there because the camera was on. It was a loooooooong tube, not very big. Then I also got hooked up to an EKG and got to see my PQRST waves, which went all wacky when she put the needle in my arm. I hate needles. :blushing: And I got oxygen in my nose and a pulse reader on my finger. Then I had to turn over on my side LOL...no modesty in those hospital gowns. :tongue: But I was conscious long enough to say a sentence "Oh, dietetics, cool..." and then I woke up to myself drinking some ginger ale. Apparently I'd been awake for a couple minutes but didn't actually 'come to' until they gave me a different IV. My bf had to help dress me and walk me out LOL. I had some discomfort afterward but took a couple tylenol and now I just feel tired but not bad at all. They took some biopsies and I'll get the results in a couple weeks. They're looking for microscopic colitits or ileitis.

So whoever is getting a colonoscopy next, now you know what to expect.

That is some great info. Women my age, well I think 50+ are supposed to have a scope. a lot of them done go due to fear. This really shows me what occurs and now when it is my turn I will be ready!

Dr Byrd....you are SOOOO gonna rock the medical world!!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    I'm somewhat late to the game, but it sounds like you're working everything out!

I've had a colonoscopy AND a wireless capsule endoscopy...and yes for both things you have to eat nothing for soooo long! haha.
This discussion has been closed.