Holiday Decorating - Part 2

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
When you decorate your tree, do you cram it with ornaments or put a few here and there.

And do you put tinsel, garland or nothing in addition to lights and ornaments?

Discuss.

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    When you decorate your tree, do you cram it with ornaments or put a few here and there.

Discuss.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Tons of our family ornaments...
    &
    Garland

:heart:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i would say our tree is very balanced and has my mom, brother, and my ornaments up. we used to put tinsel up, but it's so messy and we now prefer not to.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    i put up lights and ornaments... mostly red and gold with a few that the kids have made and one special one that my son got when he was in the NICU its one of his tiny foot print (he was born in december and was in the NICU for 3 and a half months)
    I dont put tinsle up because i have a cat ... and apparently if they eat it, it can get caught in their intestines :indifferent:
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Pre-lit 7 1/2 foot canadian pine, white lights, lots of family ornaments and lots of snowmen ornaments. I adore snowmen. Tinsel on the branches but hund one string at a time. I hate garland (most) and I don't like it when the tinsel is thrown on. It has to be put on so that each string hangs down. :bigsmile: There's probably medication out there that could help me. :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Pre-lit 7 1/2 foot canadian pine, white lights, lots of family ornaments and lots of snowmen ornaments. I adore snowmen. Tinsel on the branches but hund one string at a time. I hate garland (most) and I don't like it when the tinsel is thrown on. It has to be put on so that each string hangs down. :bigsmile: There's probably medication out there that could help me. :bigsmile:
    Hey, admitting it is the first step! :wink: :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    My dad likes the colored lights, but I ABHOR them for some reason. I have no idea why. :laugh: So I like the gold lights on a real tree with all different colors of ornaments. My stepmom has a lot of different sets from Ikea. My mom has a lot of realllllly old antique ornaments too. I also like the angel tree topper. I like tinsel but we also have cats. One time my dog ate some and he had silvery poopies. :noway:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    This year the tree has all LED lights... like wowza, put on your sunglasses, hehehe! and some very beautiful ornaments, but no garland or popcorn?
    Lots of lights outside, and the rock garden has a music box that controls the lights to the music, very way kewl!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    This year the tree has all LED lights... like wowza, put on your sunglasses, hehehe! and some very beautiful ornaments, but no garland or popcorn?
    Lots of lights outside, and the rock garden has a music box that controls the lights to the music, very way kewl!

That is cool! I want this!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Ok Jamerz, I want to see a photo of your place!!! :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    My dad likes the colored lights, but I ABHOR them for some reason. I have no idea why. :laugh: So I like the gold lights on a real tree with all different colors of ornaments. My stepmom has a lot of different sets from Ikea. My mom has a lot of realllllly old antique ornaments too. I also like the angel tree topper. I like tinsel but we also have cats. One time my dog ate some and he had silvery poopies. :noway:
    Hmm, silvery poopies!! That might be worthy of a photo too!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    White lights, ornaments, nothing else really... what about you Tam?

You can see blad patches where the kids have grabbed off the ornaments and proceed to hide them around the house.

Merry Christmas everyone! :heart:
    NessatTree0001.jpg
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

You can see blad patches where the kids have grabbed off the ornaments and proceed to hide them around the house.

NessatTree0001.jpg

What a little doll, AJ! :love:
  • FloridaGatorGirl
    Options
    I load that baby down with as much as I can fit on there lol! I do a theme every year ex last year was 80s this year is Black and White! But I got to micheals and deck out my tree with all kinds of different stuff! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! YAY!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I load that baby down with as much as I can fit on there lol! I do a theme every year ex last year was 80s this year is Black and White! But I got to micheals and deck out my tree with all kinds of different stuff! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! YAY!
    What a cool idea!! You should take a photo and post it on here!
  • TamTastic
    Options

NessatTree0001.jpg
    Awww so pretty!!! I have missing and broken ornaments too!! :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options

NessatTree0001.jpg
    Oh, and I have ornaments all around. I bought these new ones this year. Really cool vintage santa clauses and these pine cones. Really neat. I have colored lights. I had bought a fake tree last year on Black Friday for $25 with the lights attached. I was going back and forth of colored or white and got the colored. I should have gotten the white too at that price and I could have chosen each year waht to do!! LOL!!! Oh well!!

No tinsel or garland. I grew up with tinsel and it drove me crazy!! It would always get tangled up in the vacuum!! :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Discuss.

I have 3 tiny kiddos. My 4', artificial, "where did the top go?" tree is full of unbreakables & non-valuables. I am currently staring at a stuffed cow that used to be an "angel cow" until the dog chewed the wings off. And someone just spilled their sippy cup of milk on my tree skirt. Merry Christmas. :noway:

HOWEVER, before we had kids, I had a lovely red, white & blue theme going on with lots of pewter ornaments, red & blue glass ornaments & white chaser lights...on my REAL 6' douglas fir. My husband always insisted on silver garland, too. Someday it'll be pretty again!
This discussion has been closed.