Insanity is insane

day 2 of insanity and couldn't finish the whole video. I want to push through to a stronger me so I can finish the whole video!
I did pace myself because I know I'm out of shape and had no chance of finishing if I over work in the warm up. Anyone else have trouble at first?

Replies

• GuddaB
    GuddaB Posts: 30 Member
    Yea earlier before I quit, (restarting again tonight), I was dying through out the whole video, and after a couple of days you kinda can get used to that feeling,at least for me, but Idk it really is a super hard work out for most I think so don´t worry :)
    Just be careful and take it at your own pace like you´re doing.

-Beginner of insanity -
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Modify if needed and ensure form over speed. A lot of ppl get injured with insanity because they are trying to keep up.

I remember the first time I did insanity, I couldn't even do the warm up properly. Lol. Now I can do a video start to finish. Insanity max 30 actually has a modifier which is a great idea.

I would admit that I started off with Jillian Michaels before doing insanity. Her vids eased me into intense cardio.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Regardless of exercise, no one who's been inactive with physical activity should attempt to "kill it" for the first whole week or even two. Easy way to get injured or for some (especially because I doubt most people seek their doctor's counsel before starting one) can be dangerous if they have a family history of heart issues.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ltrack
    ltrack Posts: 3 Member
    Nothing wrong with taking breaks during Insanity - you'll see throughout the videos that Shaun T even recommends it to his group (and among those people are trainers, army vets, etc.). It's not realistic to be able to get through the entire Insanity work out non-stop unless you're a machine! Modifications are important, you don't want to hurt anything or completely over-exert yourself if the move is too challenging/if you are dying.

I stopped and started 3 rounds of Insanity over the past couple years (never making it past the first month). Finally, I have stuck with it and just completed Day 45! It doesn't get any easier - you just get better as your endurance builds up, and this way you can last a bit longer each time. Perhaps instead of stopping and panting/crying/swearing/at the screen every 30 seconds, this will happen every 2 minutes, 10 minutes, etc. as you improve!

Most importantly, just keep pressing play each day and focus on doing each move properly. Good luck!
  • mpbeck88
    mpbeck88 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for all the advise and support! And congrats to the ones who have made it through. It's tough! Just finished day 3, had to modify and go at my own pace, but I hit play and went for it :)
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    I have seen too many get hurt on Insanity....I never advise it. Maybe consider Focus T25 as it will produce similar results in a few extra weeks. Much less risk of injury and T25 really tightens up your core.
  • wdevisser
    wdevisser Posts: 1 Member
    Love Insanity! It got me into great shape. Stick with it but definitely go at a pace that doesn't sacrifice form.
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    I started with Insanity, too, more than a year ago. It was tough. Don't be afraid to modify and make sure you listen to your body. After Insanity, I did T25 and I agree with DedRepublic - good results, not nearly as difficult, takes less time on a daily basis and it really does tighten your core.
  • Jem163
    Jem163 Posts: 7 Member
    I also just finished day 3 of insanity and I am totally with you! I struggled for sure and definitely could not keep up. I went at my own pace but pushed myself as hard as I could, and if it got to a point where I couldn't do it (tricep dips!!!!!!!) I just modified or jogged in place. I did the 21 day fix before this and I swim regularly (I was a competitive swimmer all throughout childhood and high school), so I thought insanity would be a little challenging but not bad. I was SO wrong!! But I've just made sure I push myself to my limits, check my HR often to make sure I'm safe (and to make sure I'm pushing myself enough!) and just accept that I won't be able to be perfect from day 1. This program is definitely the most difficult I've done, but I'm just taking it one day at a time and not putting too much pressure on myself, and hopefully that attitude will help me stick with it. I can't wait to see results!
  • Jg04811
    Jg04811 Posts: 102 Member
    I just finished the first week. I can already tell a difference. I feel stronger already and ready to try out the other videos in the second month. Stick with it and good luck!
  • daynes23
    daynes23 Posts: 94 Member
    Every time I've tried to do the whole program I've stopped after the second week because I always pushed too hard and burnt myself out. Now I use it as a supplement for my regular workouts. I'll do cardio abs after a run or on nights that I can't get to the gym (like last night) I'll do something like plyo cardio circuit. Always rough!
  • katimorris87
    katimorris87 Posts: 65 Member
    but it works.
  • mpbeck88
    mpbeck88 Posts: 4 Member
    I chose to skip my workout yesterday because my muscles are so very sore. I did my pre workout stretch and didn't loosen up at all so I decided it was best to wait. But I'm going back to it today!