Time to ask for advice..

nitag
nitag Posts: 706 Member
time to get serious and focus on this thing called losing weight.. getting healthy.. I have no motivation and just cant find people to motivate me.. I need serious help with my eating plan..

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    My advice is to write out all the pros and cons of calorie counting and changing your lifestyle. If the pros out way the cons, don't wait for motivation, start tracking and learning the system.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    When you want this badly enough, your motivation will suddenly show up. This is an inside job. Go get it!
  • roselover58
    roselover58 Posts: 96 Member
    Baby steps! Just start logging what you eat - so you see it. Motivation will follow...
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    You're accountable for you. You can't expect other people to keep you motivated.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Until you want it badly enough to do it without "other people", it ain't gonna happen.
  • nitag
    Until you want it badly enough to do it without "other people", it ain't gonna happen.
    My opinion differs from yours! I believe a strong support system and advice from others is a wonderful thing
  • nitag
    You're accountable for you. You can't expect other people to keep you motivated.

Once again, support and advice from others is a wonderful thing
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    nitag wrote: »
    My opinion differs from yours! I believe a strong support system and advice from others is a wonderful thing

They are a wonderful thing, but in your OP you said "I can't find people to motivate me" which makes it sound as though you're expecting someone else to do your motivating for you.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    When you want this badly enough, your motivation will suddenly show up. This is an inside job. Go get it!

I agree with this and I also agree that support from others really matters too. But make sure the reason you are doing this is mostly for yourself and for your health. You want to live a long healthy life for you and your family.
    Tell people what you are doing. Tell them you need support. If people around you care enough, they will encourage you. Best of luck on your journey.
  • nitag
    Baby steps! Just start logging what you eat - so you see it. Motivation will follow...
    Thank you for the positive advice
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member

True...but - and apologies if this comes off as rude. It's not intended to be - honestly if you are expecting others to motivate you then you're not ready or in the right mindset to be successful.

Motivation along the way is good and all, but no one but you can take the first step to start implementing the changes needed.
  • hmthomas317
    hmthomas317 Posts: 42 Member
    I have always been against calorie counting, but now that I log my food on mfp I am more aware and that helps. I try to pay more attention to the fat, carb and protein ratios as well. Healthy fats and proteins and less carbs works best for me. I also suggest starting small and just give up one thing at a time. Sometimes we need small victories to keep us motivated. It helps when the big picture seems overwhelming. Good luck. You got this!!
  • JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    I think if you've come here and have started logging, then you might be more motivated than you think. Perhaps you're looking for people to walk this path with you, to help keep you ACCOUNTABLE and to KEEP you motivated. I get that. I'm very private about this journey (this is my 3rd crack at it in a couple of years) with my friends and family because of some bad experiences in the past. But online friends to help keep me accountable and keep me motivated? Absolutely a must. I do hope you find what you're looking for...as I don't think you really need people to convince you to do this, as has been suggested by others. Good luck!!
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member

Advice and support are great. But no one else can do this for you. It only works if you are fully committed. No one else is going to be there to tell you what to do every time a choice pops up in your day. You have to motivate yourself.

That said, go read the success stories threads. Very motivating.