Fall '15 babies

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    My daughter is 10 months old, so yeah it hasn't been that long. I didn't show until around 15 weeks last time so showing around 8 or 9 surprised me even though I'm 15 lbs heavier than I was last time. My wardrobe is in need of some baggy clothes now; I was postponing buying new things when I was losing weight.

Even so, I'm a little scared to find out its twins or something. Lol (i mean, that'd be cool, but I really like my sleep too)

It's good to know that people probably won't notice... I know when friends have announced pregnancy they said they were showing and I hadn't noticed either so I guess it's not impossible.

Hello

Im 18 weeks with my second (first is 2.5 years), not got a bump yet as such just look a bit fat! Dont think anyone would ask if I was pregnant yet just presume Ive eaten too much! lol

Yesterday I started back with my fitness DVD, its not a pregnancy one but found it ok to do and just missed out the ab section.

What workouts is everyone managing? I work the dogs 4x per week and going to try and do DVD x 4 too. I feel good at the mo so best make the most of it.

Have a good day.
    Helen

• poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    I'm on my 3rd baby, and not quite 18 weeks, I feel like in should be bigger than I am... I'm kind of waiting to really pop! Hubby says I look preggers, but most of my clothes still fit (not super comfortable, but they button etc.) I'm wearing my more baggy stuff with a bit of maternity thrown in. The maternity makes the pop "rounder" some how. I gained a lot last week, and my kid week check showed it still here... ugh. And, for some reason I can't stay away from the snacks! I need to get out of the kitchen! Hopefully our warmer weather will help. Lighter suppers and more time outside!

I'm still training for a half marathon I signed up to do just before we found out about baby. So i run 4xs per week, 2 3 mile runs, a 5 mile run and a progressive (add a mile each week) long run that was 11 miles this past weekend. It's going ok, I'm slower than I would normally want... but still trucking!

My rash is getting worse again. Not sure i can wait the 2 more weeks for dermatologist follow up. May have to call uncle and give them a shout. I'm pretty miserable, especially at night.

Feeling more productive and back to normal in terms of first trimester energy sap. We've been doing a lot of work putting out house back in order after a small fire. I painted the little boys room yesterday! Opting to put baby in with us, in the master and leave our guest room a guest room for a little while longer. I'll paint it soon, a color I'll eventually use for little one... but for now it stays set up as is. I moved the baby dresser into our room, the little boys will use another we have. Feeling a bit of nesting, but know it's way too early to get the clothes out! I've got bins and bins, since our boys were opposite seasons... I've got clothes in every size in both summer and winter!
  • My clothes are still fitting, but you can see a bump there. (I'm quite large in the chest so most of my clothes are baggie in the middle since I have to go a size up for that). I can't wait until the news is out so I don't have to suck my stomach in around my mother. Haha! Hopefully everyone is just attributing it to my previous baby.

@helenmelon29 I'm waiting for my workout dvd to come in the mail. I loaned my other one to my SIL but she never gave it back... and I don't want to ask for it before the news is out. Lol so i ordered a new one from amazon and for now I'm just walking and doing other light activities. It's almost gardening time so that will keep me active! I really should get started pulling weeds now actually.....

@poke987 a fire? Is everyone ok?

About not being able to stay out of the kitchen... i know! It's so hard to stay out of there! I've found that I do go in pretty regular cycles where it's difficult to stay within goal and then when it's easy. I think pregnancy messes with that though because I have it in my head that I'm not trying to lose... this time around I've been eating a lot then I try to think "ok today I'm going to lose" works for me. I end up maintaining. :-)

my first ultrasound is today! Looking forward to "seeing" the little one for the first time!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Suzanne, hope the ultrasound went well! There are lots of good prenatal workouts on YouTube. I was also doing beginner barre workouts from YouTube (not prenatal versions), and I thought they were really good as prenatal workouts because it's all standing work. You can hold on to a counter or the back of a sturdy chair in lieu of a bar.
  • The ultrasound went really well! I won't get the results for a couple weeks but I got to see baby wiggling around and even sucking his/her hand while crossing his/her legs. :-)

I'll have to check out youtube for some videos, thanks! :)
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    I'm glad your first ultrasound went well, Suzanne!

I have an appointment for my 12 week checkup in a few days (on the 21st), and I'll be getting all of my prenatal blood work done then. I'm very anxious something will be wrong, but I guess the worry is a part of the process and I should just focus on being as calm as possible. :)
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Yup. It is nerve racking waiting for the prenatal blood work results. I have to do mine on Wednesday and I just want to get it over with already!
  • poke987
    Suzanne- the fire was nothing more than an exciting evening and a lot of mess! Thankfully we are mostly thru the insurance hoops, and working on getting the house back together... but hubby is a real "do it yourself-er" which means I get to be too... even though I'd just rather fork over the $$ and have it done! Don't get me wrong, I'm so thankful to have a partner who is so handy... but I wasn't in the market for these types of projects!

We go for our anatomy scan tomorrow. A bit early at 18 weeks 5 days, but hubby's oldest has a heart condition they want to scan for. It's at the largest hospital in the state, we did it with both boys too... It's kind of cool to see everything in such detail. Hubby couldn't get out of work, so my mom is going with me.

I'm up again weight wise in my mid week check. I don't know what to do... it's out of control! I have been so good with not snacking for years... now... ahhhh. I eat everything all the time!!! Must re dedicate myself to logging and monitoring myself.
  • summer8it
    Sending my best wishes to Sarieth and RosieRaz and Poke and anyone else waiting to get through tests and scans!

Poke, we'll lose weight after we have our babies, we know how to do it and we have all the tools and support! I've decided that I'm going to enjoy this time of eating increased calories, since when I'm done with pregnancy and nursing it will be back to the reality of being over 40 and needing to keep my calories in close check FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. But on the other hand, I'm also determined to make sure that I don't wind up weighing more than my husband before I deliver. He's 13 inches taller than me, so there's no way I should outweigh him, even pregnant... but he's currently clocking in at a scant 142 pounds. I'm at 117 at 21 weeks, so I think I can do it, but it will be close!
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Shoot...I wish I could make that a goal Summer, unfortunately, I weighed more than my husband before pregnancy! I almost caught up with him, I was only 10 lbs away... oh well we shall try again next year. LOL. We are basically the same height though. He has me by an inch and a half. Good luck with your oal of not exceeding him. :smiley:
  • poke987
    Lol! That was one of my major weight loss goals... getting under him! I'm still lighter, but not sure I'll make the 40 weeks!

I know I can get back on track, I've done it before! I just wish I could balance better! I Hate that I'm all or nothing.

Everything on our scan looked good. Baby measures right on track. She calculated him at 10 oz today! He was a stinker and stayed folded over with both legs over his head for a long time! Got clear confirmation that he is indeed a boy! But made for some hard measures.
  • Lol that was a huge deal for me the first time around... I went over my husband's weight for the first time ever and I went into the 200s. Those were some sad moments for me.

This time around I'm at 177 and he's around 186 so I will probably surpass him, but I'm hoping to stay under 200. Even if it's 199. Lol! (I'm 5'7" and he's 6'7")
  • sarieth05
    I can sympathize in a different way. I lost 71 lbs before I got pregnant (I think it helped us get pregnant, actually, as we had fertility issues for 2 years) and I got down to about 211 and was SO convinced I would finally get under 200lbs for the first time in as long as I can remember. My goal was to be 180-ish by the time September rolls around cause my husband and I are going to Japan, then BAM pregnant. :D I strangely had to grieve a bit over my weight loss goals not going to be met just yet. If I had managed to get close to 180, I would be close to my husband's weight and I was super excited to start fitting in his clothes. :p
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Morning

Poke: How the rash? any better? Did you go back? I feeling good too, think the weather helps as much nicer now.

Suzanne: My clothes on bottom half are fastening now but tops are ok. Had to go and buy coupld new bras as they are growing! Did you DVD come? Which did you get?

Sarieth05 - How did your 12 week check go? Im sure you will get to your goal weight after the baby, plenty of time.

Summer - I may overtake my OH weight but he isnt that tall or big but hopefully not!

If the weather stays fine think we will go to the beach tomorrow morning, then jobs at home in the afternoon. We go swimming on Saturday and not got much other plans really.

Im 19 weeks now and think can feel baby wiggling about. Scan at 21 weeks so hoping all is well.

Helen
  • shannonlm8
    shannonlm8 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi ladies! Just a little update... we are finally at13 weeks this weekend! We still haven't told anyone since we live far from family, but we'll get to this weekend! We'll get to tell my family in-person since we already had a flight booked for a weekend visit, very excited! Had a 2nd ultrasound yesterday and everything is looking great. Also had the Harmony test done and got good results and found out we're having a Boy! :) So not much to report other than things seem to be going smoothly.

We also made up cute cards last night to send to hubby's family and included an ultrasound pic. Kind of wish we could see their reactions when they open the cards but I'm sure we'll get some fun phone calls after the cards arrive.

Hubby is about 11 inches taller than me so I don't have too much of chance of overtaking him weight wise... I'm sure I could manage it somehow though! I tend to gain weight extremely easily but the baby must be doing lots of cardio in there, I'm only up 2-3 lbs right now.
  • summer8it
    Poke, so glad to hear your SON looks healthy!

Sarieth, you may find that losing weight is easier than ever after the baby. Breastfeeding was the best diet ever for me (hoping that will be true again!)

Suzanne, I'm on my second round of having to buy a bigger bra, and I'm wondering if the one I have currently will make it through the rest of the pregnancy... probably not! I'm now well beyond the sizes that US manufacturers make, so I'm very grateful that British lingerie lines extend into truly ridiculous sizes. Also very grateful that I've been able to find discounted bras on Amazon. $20 for a Curvy Kate was well worth it!

My hips seem to be much improved, and I think it's because I invented the ultimate pregnancy body pillow to use at night. I'd been using a fairly flat king-size pillow as a body pillow, and it wasn't enough to prop up my knee. I shoved a standard size pillow halfway into the pillow case of the king pillow, and now I have a dual-height body pillow that allows me to prop up my belly and boobs a little bit while my knee is held high.
  • sarieth05
    Sarieth05 - How did your 12 week check go? Im sure you will get to your goal weight after the baby, plenty of time.

Helen, my scan went very well! Thanks! I'm waiting back on word from my blood work, but they said the baby was looking very healthy. Had a healthy heartbeat. The nuchal measurement was great, and they don't think the blood work will come back any worse in that aspect. Won't go back in until 16 weeks (though I don't think they're doing an ultrasound then). Back to the waiting game for appointments!
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Hello Ladies! Newbies here. I have been MFP friends with @summer8it for a while and she told me about this group. I'm 14 weeks along, due Oct 22nd.....with twins. These are # 2&3 for us. Our son is almost 4 and very excited to have baby brothers and name them Alex and Crackers. Lol. My first trimester was pretty bad but now that I'm starting to feel better I want to get back in the swing of working out and eating well. I'm around 40 lbs thinner than last time I got pregnant so I want this pregnancy to be as healthy as possible.
  • Hi Kristen! Welcome to the group and congratulations! :)

Glad to hear that your results are going well so far Sarieth!

Summer, glad to you're able to find some bras that fit. Thankfully pregnancy doesn't mess with me too much in that area, but it does just enough to put me in weirder sizes than I wear normally.

I will have to try your pillow idea. So far I'm small enough that I can still lay on my stomach, but it's good to know for sure for later.

I get my results from my scan on this coming Thursday. I'm very interested to find out how fr along we really are!
  • summer8it
    Kristen, glad you're here! Do you know if you're having boys, or is that just your son's guess?