CHALLENGE FOR APRIL 2015 -- SAY "NO" TO NO LATE NIGHT SNACKING

Replies

• time4kim2014
    time4kim2014 Posts: 85 Member
    April 21

Me 13*
    LNS 1

Jeff, that's a great idea about the guitar, I've always wanted to learn to play. I play and teach piano but don't play as much anymore...I'll have to try some evening sessions at the piano as I do love playing and it would be a great distraction!
  • time4kim2014
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    April 21
    Me: 21
    LNS: 0

I don't eat while standing up and only sit down with weighed and measured portions.

I really need to do this...this may be my next goal!
  • scispence
    scispence Posts: 117 Member
    April 21
    Me: 2
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,629 Member
    4/22
    Start date: April 10:
    Me: 7*
    LNS: 5

I also agree about posting what's helping you about late night snacking, LOVE it! The last couple of days I've decided to eat dinner later. Plus, I find if I DO have something SWEET have it during the afternoon. Two days STRAIGHT, yay! Let's finish the month STRONG!!!!!! :D<3:D
  • time4kim2014
    April 23

Me 14*
    LNS 1

I have been saying to myself that if I can just get to 9pm the rest of the evening is easy. So if my last snack is at 7pm then how hard can 2 hours be? Truthfully it is really hard (especially when I just baked banana loaf for my kids' lunches and it smells so good!!!).
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    April 22

Me: 12* LNS: 10

THIS thread is what keeps me on track! I also drink water or a cup of tea if I am feeling the need for something. The times I have strayed usually involved my hubby eating snacks right beside me...though I am so motivated by my progress that I have resisted his snacking ways :)
  • mrJRamos2015
    mrJRamos2015 Posts: 73 Member
    April 22:
    Me: 11*
    LNS: 3

I had too much pizza at dinner so I'm not really hungry for anything. I need to learn to not eat just because the clock says so. I'm working at breaking the habit of eating something before bedtime. That's my weakest moment and if I'm not careful, all the hard work during the day is for naught.

My partner has a sweet tooth and I think he is sabotaging my efforts at losing weight. He says he doesn't do it consciously, he's just offering what he's having. I told him to not offer and also that I wouldn't be offended if he doesn't offer anything to me.

Stay Strong Everyone!

Peace,
    Jeff
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    April 22
    Me: 17
    LNS: 5*
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    April 22
    Me: 22
  • scispence
    April 22
    Me: 3
  • GrandmaJackie
    4/23
    Me: 8*

• time4kim2014
    April 23
    Me 15*
    LNS 1
    Everyone is doing great!!!
  • mrJRamos2015
    April 23:
    ME: 11
    LNS: 4*

Stressed a little today - would like to take tomorrow off from work for a mental health day but I work at an hourly rate so anytime I don't work, I don't get paid. I used all my PTO earlier when I went to Atlanta to visit my brother his wife, and my two nephews. The younger nephew Jaxon was on America's Funniest Home Videos this past weekend. Although I have seen the clip several times, I still laugh and smile. I skipped the ice cream tonight but had some crackers and peanut butter instead after my cut-off time. Tomorrow is another chance to succeed!

Peace,
    Jeff :/
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    BRaye - congrats!! You are a great inspiration and I like your suggestions. Very helpful.

Me: 9
    LNS: 12

There's enough nights left this month that I think I can beat LNS. I am already looking forward to next month's challenge.
  • mrJRamos2015
    April 24:
    ME: 12*
    LNS: 4

I am logging early today. I know I will not do any late night snacking tonight so I'm claiming the victory.

A lot of times when I think I am hungry, I'm actually needing a nap. A short nap (20-30 minutes) puts things back into perspective. I mistakenly think that if I eat something, I'll have more energy. In fact, if I just power nap or meditate, my so called hunger is gone and I feel rested, ready to take on my activities for the evening.

WE CAN DO THIS!!! B)

Peace,
    Jeff
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    zaza54 wrote: »
    There's enough nights left this month that I think I can beat LNS. I am already looking forward to next month's challenge.

zaza - You got this!

April 23
    Me: 23
  • scispence
    Aargh! Went to bed later than usual and got really hungry and basically did the compulsive late night eating thing.
    April 23
    Me 3
    LNS 1
  • judithgreene2014
    judithgreene2014 Posts: 124 Member
    4/24/15 Me 17 LNS 2*
    No excuses, staying strong! Just wanted a snack! My trick: I take a big old glass of water to bed with me and sip during the nite...I think someone else mentioned that too. That and being tired after a good workout with my trainer
  • GrandmaJackie
    4/24
    Me: 9*

Last night I had hot tea, INSTEAD of finding food to snack on! Tonight, I'm logging early, MY plan is to get some crocheting done!!!! The scale is finally going in the right direction, yay! Jeff, YOU are right WE CAN do this!!!!!
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    April 24
    Me: 18*
    LNS: 6